Should I Sale Her

lumbeeboi16

New To The Terminator
Established Member
Hey guys I need some help. I am currently stationed in HI now and my 2003 Cobra is back at home in my mother in laws garage. I am thinking about selling it since I am going to be here for three years and get a street bike. I thought about bringing my car over here to HI but since i have been here and seen how bad the roads are I am not too sure about bringing it over. Once i finish my tour which is 3yrs here I am looking to get back in s 03/04 Cobra or a Shelby. Looking to get some opinions what would you guys do. :shrug:

03cobraracer

Established Member
its a hard decision man.. im stationed in germany myself and doing a 3 year tour as well, and my car is back in the states. i havent driven it in 2 years myself.. it sucks not enjoying it, i wanted to bring it the roads are sick here just i deployed when i got here and just never got the chance to bring it. to me if you really enjoy the car keep it, it gives me something to look foward to everytime i go home on leave. im going home again in july and i cant wait to go drive the car again im like a little kid on xmas lol. thats why these guys on here that have there cars and never drive them drives me nuts! like i said its a tuff one but ive had it way to long and way to much money invested so im holding onto my baby for sure.

lumbeeboi16

New To The Terminator
Established Member
Thanks man it is a hard decision I have bought a ton of parts that hasn't been installed on the car just been thinking about this option for about a wkk or so now

Quick Silver

MNCobra

Established Member
I have been here in the Philippines now for 9 years...in the nine years I have bought/traded 5 mustangs...my latest is 13 GT500...I get to drive it 2-3 weeks in the summer then it sits at my parents house...this time home will be the first chance I get to drive it...had it since Dec 2012....no way would I sell it unless I really had to...and there is no way in hell I would bring it here...very much like 03cobraracer...in three years time it will be very hard to find the "right" 03 cobra or Shelby as I am not sure how many more years there will be a Shelby mustang...if you love this one you have you should hold on to it...if your not happy with or don't enjoy it then selling it is the best plan...good luck....

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
In part it depends on how special YOUR Cobra is to you, and how financially stable you are right now. If you feel you can let it go, I'd tend to sell it. In three years the car will be 13 years old. By then you might very well want the next gen Mustang. Or maybe a used '14 GT-500. :)

Mackey

Established Member
Personally, I'd sell it and look into another car in three years.

An entire life can change in three years. Go with something you can enjoy now (bike it seems).

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
It would depend on sentimental value. As many times as I have wanted, I cannot get rid of mine. Too much of a love/hate relationship.

lumbeeboi16

New To The Terminator
Established Member
Sell it and get a shelby when you come back
That's what I am thinking about.

I have been here in the Philippines now for 9 years...in the nine years I have bought/traded 5 mustangs...my latest is 13 GT500...I get to drive it 2-3 weeks in the summer then it sits at my parents house...this time home will be the first chance I get to drive it...had it since Dec 2012....no way would I sell it unless I really had to...and there is no way in hell I would bring it here...very much like 03cobraracer...in three years time it will be very hard to find the "right" 03 cobra or Shelby as I am not sure how many more years there will be a Shelby mustang...if you love this one you have you should hold on to it...if your not happy with or don't enjoy it then selling it is the best plan...good luck....
I got the car from a dealership in 2012 around the summer time drove the car until November and it was garaged when I came down on orders.

In part it depends on how special YOUR Cobra is to you, and how financially stable you are right now. If you feel you can let it go, I'd tend to sell it. In three years the car will be 13 years old. By then you might very well want the next gen Mustang. Or maybe a used '14 GT-500. :)

CobraBob I have always wanted a 2003/2004 Cobra but I guess I am having mixed emotions because I am not enjoying it. Then the 2013 GT500 rolled out and I fell in love again.

Personally, I'd sell it and look into another car in three years. :eek:

An entire life can change in three years. Go with something you can enjoy now (bike it seems).
True a lot of things can change in three years

It would depend on sentimental value. As many times as I have wanted, I cannot get rid of mine. Too much of a love/hate relationship.
:D

Quick Silver

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
If you really love your current car, keep it for when u get back.

If its nothing really special and you're not attached, sell it and get another one when you come back.

Spoolx

Established Member
I couldnt imagine registering/insuring a vehicle for three years without being able to drive it.... Sell it IMO

jrandy

Established Member
I couldnt imagine registering/insuring a vehicle for three years without being able to drive it.... Sell it IMO

+1

No matter how much I hate to say it, I'm far too practical of a person. I don't think I could keep spending that much money on something I wouldn't see / drive for three years. Plus you never know what cars you will want in three years.

The worst would be to keep it for the three years and pay for it, only to get back and realize that you want something different.

SVTStrikesBack

Last One Standing
Established Member
Yeah, it doesn't sound like you are too attached so I'd sell it. May car has been in pieces for years, but not only would I never get money I put into it back, but its just worth more to me than it would be to anyone else.

286rocks

Established Member
Sorry to hear that man, I'm in the exact same boat, my 01 is back at the in-laws for the next 3 also. I agree that it's not worth bringing here, the roads and salt will tear it to pieces in no time. But for me it's worth it to keep, I'm kind of attached to it. Meanwhile I've made a hobby of flipping cars here on the island to keep my hands greasy and build up the car fund a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread