Should I remove the Isos front and back? :(

Jefe

Established Member
Have you measured from ground to fender on yours? Every little bit helps but if youre already rubbing im not sure you want to make it worse. Removing the isos will drop it just a bit more than 1/4" on each corner, 1/2" if you are using the MM isos. If you want to take out some of the fenderwell gap you'll have to go with a tire that has a 35 sidewall. Really makes a big difference

Last edited:

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
I would not take them out. If you are getting a little rub, this may turn into a lot of rub. :poke: Car looks great as is.

OH3BLKSVT

Screwed by the twins
Established Member
not to take away from thread but i have th spring in my sig...would i get a better/nicer stance? any issues?

Jefe

Established Member
It will drop a little over 1/4" if you take out both isos. Spring will be sitting metal to metal is the only downside. I havent heard any new noises since doing mine

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member
If you do decide to take any iso's out take out the tops all the way around. I think it will look perfect if you take one iso out all the way around.:beer:

DICobra

Established Member
If you do decide to take any iso's out take out the tops all the way around. I think it will look perfect if you take one iso out all the way around.:beer:

Thank you :) ... Are the top Isos thicker than the lower Isos? Will it pretty much even the stance and not look raked if I decide to take out the top Isos?

Jefe

Established Member
Haven't tested it but I would think so. The top isos sit on the spring between it and the body and the other iso wraps around the coils. Kind of hard to compare. If I were you I would take the ones that wrap the spring off. I would imagine if noise were to occur it would be between the spring and the body. Make sure to measure height from the ground to fender before and after if you do. Im just over 26" front and 26 1/4" rear

Last edited:

DICobra

Established Member
Haven't tested it but I would think so. The top isos sit on the spring between it and the body and the other iso wraps around the coils. Kind of hard to compare. If I were you I would take the ones that wrap the spring off. I would imagine if noise were to occur it would be between the spring and the body. Make sure to measure height from the ground to fender before and after if you do. Im just over 26" front and 26 1/4" rear

Thank you Jefe. :) ... Can u post some pics pls of your car mostly side shots so that I have some ideas? and some close up side shots? also, any scraping and rubbing? :)

Jefe

Established Member
Thank you Jefe. :) ... Can u post some pics pls of your car mostly side shots so that I have some ideas? and some close up side shots? also, any scraping and rubbing? :)
A bit of scraping and rubbing here or there :rolling: Catback needs to be redone so it tucks better then my only problem would be driving through dips at 50mph. Tires rub the fenders. Dont have many pics of the new stance

IMG_2959.jpg

IMG_2957-1.jpg

black 10th vert

Established Member
I have heard very mixed reports on removing isos with regard to noise. In my case, I would never want to have my car creak like an old bedframe, so I made custom isos to use with my H&R Race springs. I made them from a thinner wall heater type hose, and just cut the slits like the thicker stock ones, to allow them to bend around the curves of the coils easier. They gained me a slight bit more drop, and no noises whatsoever. I think your car looks great at the height it is already, but if you want to get a bit more, then the method I used will get you there with no fear of noise.

101blur

Established Member

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member
Thank you :) ... Are the top Isos thicker than the lower Isos? Will it pretty much even the stance and not look raked if I decide to take out the top Isos?

If you remove the top iso's it will be the same as it is now rake wise but just be lower all around.

I have had the opposite happen. Removing the top i didn't hear any noise at all but removing the bottom made the springs noisy. I'm guessing from little rocks and what not. If you ever taken your springs out the top iso's aren't as dirty as the bottem due to not many things getting stuck at the top of the spring.:beer:

SCMOKN

Established Member
Stance looks nice! On the subject of removing the ISO's, I don't think that is ever a good idea. Metal to metal contact like that is not good. The ISO's are not there just for improved ride and keeping the suspention quiet, they are the to avoid damage from metal to metal contact.

Users who are viewing this thread