should i or shouldnt i

badjuicedgt

Established Member
So for awhile now its been crossing my mind especially after seeing some of the numbers other cars are posting. So I have been thinking about selling or trading my cobra for an 11 and up gt, I love the look of the cars and love the coyote motor and seeing these cars post 9 second passes with a single turbo and seeing n/a cars running in the 10s is freaking unreal. So after seeing this and seeing what I can buy one of the gt's for I have really been thinking about it. The one thing I keep coming back to is my cobra has been a car I have always wanted since they came out and now that I have one will I regret getting rid of it, which I pretty sure I will but if I can make a coyote run in the 10s or even 9s and still drive it when I want it may be worth it. So what do you guys think would you do it or would you just keep the cobra. My other thought is and this one is kind of in motion already is to keep the cobra and buy a rear engine dragster which I have already put a down payment on. I have always wanted one of those to and always said after I buy an enclosed trailer I will go after a dragster and I ended up buying a new trailer 2 weeks ago. I got tired of renting a trailer all the time to take the cobra to the track especially when it cost 300 or around there to rent a trailer from like Friday to Monday. So since I already have the plan in motion for the dragster should I just keep the cobra and go full on with the dragster, the car I have a down payment on is just a rolling chassis it does have all the electronics and gauges still in it so all I will need is motor and trans and I cant decide what I want to run, it will definitely be a ford motor but do I want to go to one of the older motors or do I want to try and use a coyote motor on it since I haven't seen any with a coyote motor on it yet and after seeing what they run in a heavy car what could it do on a rail. So let me know your thoughts on all of it and you opinions good or bad. Thanks in advance

04cobra88

Established Member
There's no 11 and up gt that even looks as good as a cobra in my eyes , plus you have a numbered car that you've always wanted, the newer gets are nice and all but they are a dime a dozen and not as much of a eye catcher as our terminators! Just my 2 cents

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Your '03 SB Cobra is nicely modded and I would guess you've put a lot of blood and sweat (and money) into it to get it where it is today. If you're happy with what you have and enjoy driving it, then keep it if you can. Like others have said, you'll probably miss it.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
I'd say keep it. There are too many stories of guys wanting to get back into a terminator after they bought something else. Just today I saw another wtb thread with the same situation - cobra to coyote then wants back to cobra.

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
The ONLY reason you should get rid of a Cobra for a newer 5.0 is if it's your only vehicle and you have to daily drive it. Then I'd absolutely pick up a newer auto GT over the Cobra. I sure as hell would never daily a Cobra.

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
Honestly, the Terminator is a cult legend. The GT is just another GT.

If you want the GT for some level of performance the Cobra doesn't offer and don't care about the Cobra's perceived intrinsic value, then go for it.

Only you can answer that question. I wouldn't even consider it, but that is my answer, not yours.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
to be fair tho, regarding my above post - those are only the ones we hear about. it's possible that 9 out of 10 folks who go from terminator to a coyote never look back.

but there do seem to be quite a few people who like the feel of the terminator compared to newer and maybe faster, but more refined cars.

Titan 5.0

Established Member
I went from a 2011 GT to a 2003 Cobra, haven't looked back... This thing gets looks everywhere I go. Some dude just stopped at my house the other day randomly, gave me his card and told me to contact him if I decided to sell it. And that was with the rear end ripped out laying on the ground... lol

My vote is stay with the Cobra!

Case

Established Member
but there do seem to be quite a few people who like the feel of the terminator compared to newer and maybe faster, but more refined cars.

^^^^ This too. I've driven quite a few S550's and 10-14 GT's working for a Ford Dealership. My Cobra being stock might be slightly slower than the new GT's, but how Cobras make power and drive, there's no comparison.

It's brute power versus new and refined.

Keep the Cobra, you'll regret it if you get rid of it.

Users who are viewing this thread