Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Doesn’t matter

Votes: 2 6.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
Is an MGW worth it? I have a Steeda Tri-Ax right now. I liked the MGW in my 2001 GT. I’m not sure if it’s worth changing to one on this Cobra.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I've driven cars with the Tri Ax and liked my MGW better. But the friends that have the Tri Ax like them better.

I say try to drive one before making the change. No point in fixing what isn't broken right now if you're happy.

PC03GT

Established Member
Is an MGW worth it? I have a Steeda Tri-Ax right now. I liked the MGW in my 2001 GT. I’m not sure if it’s worth changing to one on this Cobra.
If you get it, make sure you get the race and the comfort handle. I have the old school mgw, bought a new block for it so I can switch out the handles

Last edited:

01yellercobra

Established Member
If you get it, make sure you get the race and the comfort handle. I have the old school mgw, bought a new block for it so I can switch out the handles
I'll agree with this. I had the old school handle for years and made the switch to the comfort handle a couple months ago. It took some getting used to as it has a little longer throw, but I was able to put the seat where it's more comfortable and not have to reach for 3rd and 5th. Short arm problems.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I had a TriAx in my '03 Cobra and loved it. I saw no reason to switch to the MGW and stuck with the TriAx. Many feel the same way. That said, the MGW is THE best shifter available for the '03-'04 Cobra. It's rides in its own lane. The MGW handle options are a plus, too.

Albatross

Established Member
My vote goes to MGW. I had a Tri-ax and swapped it for an MGW with the race handle. So much better. Shifts feel clean and crisp.

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
Voted MGW but my vote is biased as I've only ever had MGW and I loved it, didn't see a reason to try any other shifter. I even put the boot below the shifter arm because I thought it was too beautiful to be hidden

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
I have had both. If it was the stock shifter, MGW hands down. Since you already have a steeda installed, I wouldn’t bother. My .02.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread