Should I Be Getting the Boss Manifold?

Fudge

Established Member
Been spinning mine to 7600 with both intakes. Mine has 33000 miles on it. ...I can't speak for how the boss will do with the 3.15 and the auto. However my 3.73's and manual thanked me for it:beer:

I know I'm gonna loose bottom end, but I'm ok with that I cannot hook up off the line anyways as it sits, not until 2nd gear. Getting wider rear tires to help that out as well.
I also have: Steeda CAI, cat deletes, x pipe, and GT 500 corsa quad axle back. If that makes a difference.
I hope to gain something with it or at least stay about same.
But one thing I DONT want to do it risk killing the car if the engine cannot handle the added stress if spinning that fast.

JohnRichard

MT82 Speed Shiftin Maniac
Established Member
Sorry to wake up an old thread, but I have a auto trans car, and I'm planning on putting the boss intake on just to see what happens (I'm getting a good deal on it and like the look) mostly going on for the look! Since I have 3.15 and an auto trans I'm guessing this will not help much until the car goes FI!
Anyways how do these engines hold being spun to 7500+ rpm? I know the boss can do it but the internals are stronger on the Boss then what we have in the regular 5.0!
Any issues with anyone that went with a Boss intake?
I look at the GT red line this way. Ford set it at 7000 to reduce failure rates and reduce warranty expense.
SVTP
Do what you want, spin it as far as you want, just tell us where it let go.

This is also another way I look at a NA small block, no matter what intake you are running. Why spin it past the HP peak? Gear for the peak.

4.30s w/automatic transmission, screw gas mileage, you will absolutely not notice you lost torque below 5000 RPMs with that rear gear ratio.

Last edited:

BV600

Established Member
With it and rev it out a little more, you will probably make a little more boost?

$10 install kit doesn't look bad

GOPR0017.jpg

Fudge

Established Member
So basically a few extra rpm on the engine is not a big deal.... But with my car having an auto trans and 3.15 rear, the performance gains are gonna be questionable! (If I understood the above correctly)?

momogt

Established Member
what about the boss 302 intake with a auto with 4.10,s low end torque loss I can stand to lose alittle on the street I got into it for the first time with 4.10,s 1-3rd nothing but smoke but im looking to gain more top end would this help

Fudge

Established Member
what about the boss 302 intake with a auto with 4.10,s low end torque loss I can stand to lose alittle on the street I got into it for the first time with 4.10,s 1-3rd nothing but smoke but im looking to gain more top end would this help

From what I hear yes!
I have 3.15s and I couldn't get a straight answer from anyone so I'm just gonna do for it and see what happens....

VETTEHUNTER

No cure for this disease.
Established Member

With 4.10's I would definitely recommend it. I am happy running it with 3.73's.

Users who are viewing this thread