Shots of the GT with New Lens

Abilene06speed

Formerly Abilene01stang
Established Member
I got my Nikkor 55-200mm VR about a week ago and ive wanted to test it out. Yes i know that it was a bad time of day, but my nephew was with me and he wanted to go take some pictures. These shots were taken with a Nikon D40. Comments welcome.

D40-2008-04-08DSC_04215.jpg

D40-2008-04-08DSC_04725.jpg

D40-2008-04-08DSC_05085.jpg

D40-2008-04-08DSC_05175.jpg

D40-2008-04-08DSC_05255.jpg

D40-2008-04-08DSC_05525.jpg

And here is a fun shot I took the other night.

D40-2008-04-05DSC_0283.jpg

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Great pics and a great camera. That last shot is my favorite. With a tripod I assume.

I ordered the new Canon Rebel XSi (isn't available until the end of the month) along with the kit 18-55mm zoom lens, and a Canon EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 zoom lens. I'm thinking about getting the EF 50mm f/1.4 for low light shooting for parties and such.

portcity_gt

Established Member
i want to buy an slr....what do yall suggest? i was looking at a canon d5

i have a canon 35mm so i have some lenses and such

Abilene06speed

Formerly Abilene01stang
Established Member
i want to buy an slr....what do yall suggest? i was looking at a canon d5

i have a canon 35mm so i have some lenses and such

Well since you already have some canon lenses i would stick with a canon dslr.
The 5D is between 2 and 3 grand. If that is out of your price range then look into the XSi or the 40D.

looks awesome man. what springs do you have? i love the stance

Thanks im running steeda sport springs.

Thank you for all the compliments. Ill try and get some rolling shots up soon.

Abilene06speed

Formerly Abilene01stang
Established Member
Looks nice! What exhaust is that?

Its a bassani catback.

oh and congrats CobraBob...finally decided on which camera huh....I hope you get it quick cause I know it can sometimes be difficult to get a new camera when it first comes out. Be sure to post lots of pics with it.

Last edited:

Abilene06speed

Formerly Abilene01stang
Established Member
I see you're a fan of the auto function. And why use shutter priority on non moving objects?

Well i havent exactly been shooting with a dslr for that long so im still kinda a newb with it. I was shooting some stuff that did require shutter priority and i just didnt switch it.

Whats wrong with auto:shrug: Was in hurry with the last batch of shots so auto was used.

..and where did u look to find the exif data? Photobucket only displays a little bit of info

Last edited:

NetChemica

My car's missing 2 cams.
Established Member
Well i havent exactly been shooting with a dslr for that long so im still kinda a newb with it. I was shooting some stuff that did require shutter priority and i just didnt switch it.

Whats wrong with auto:shrug: Was in hurry with the last batch of shots so auto was used.

..and where did u look to find the exif data? Photobucket only displays a little bit of info

very basic rule of thumb:

Shutter Priority - moving objects where a quick shutter is needed to capture a sharp image, or slow shutter to emphasize movement (camera will compensate exposure with a bigger or smaller aperture)

Aperture Priority - non moving objects where the user can control depth of field to emphasize the subject in the picture (camera will compensate with a faster or slower shutter)

Auto - camera tries to make everything in focus and adjusts accordingly, will even go as far as adjusting ISO to improve exposure at the cost of image quality

Also read up on what the AE-L/AF-L button does. Comes in handy quite a bit.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I strongly advise anyone looking for a DSLR (kit) in the $1,000. range to look at the Canon Rebel XSi. IMO Canon has hit a home run with it. They've added a ton of new and great features and actually priced the camera below what most expected for the changes they made.

Also, if you're a newb and want to quickly bone up on the basics of the DSLR camera, check out this GREAT website. http://lynda.com It's got tons of great video tutorials on many subjects, but they recently added a great tutorial on DSLR cameras. I went for the annual full membership to have access to all of the videos all the time, but you can also just go with a month's membership for only $25. Anyway, here's the link to the DSLR video tutorial. You can watch a few of the segments free to get a feel for what you get. http://movielibrary.lynda.com/html/modPage.asp?ID=453

Users who are viewing this thread