Shooting practice for the plains*nws*

StangVixen

Established Member
I tell you what waytofastvette I may be "gay" or whatever you want to call me but at least I say something and stick with it.

I do not like the mistreatment of animals I see no difference in hitting a dog in the head with a skateboard and shooting one in the ass with a B B gun. You can talk about me all you want I really dont care but let me just say this, I understand when someone has kill some species of animals when overpopulation gets out of hand. I am not stupid..far from it. I know you have to kill animals to eat and so on Same with the fish (for the comment above) I have went hunting several times and killed several of "bambi's" moms. But I have never and will never shoot, beat cut or torture and animal in anyway just for the fun of it.

I made a comment about this video and instead of saying something about it and letting it drop you all kept posting mean posts. Which that is fine with me. But the way I see it the same ones that said they were pissed about one animal abuse video are some of the same ones that say they would shoot a dog in the ass with a BB gun. If you stop to think about it if that BB gets imbedded in the skin it can cause infection and kill the animal. I ought to know I had a neighbor shoot my dog (which was in her own fence) I didn't know it happened until it was too late to save her. they were going to amputate her leg but infection had spread so my dog died because some asshole shot her for fun.

And now if you cant see why I got angry then Oh well. Hipocrites (sp) is what I say.

Vixen

ravenknight

Never enough
Established Member
Originally posted by StangVixen
I do not like the mistreatment of animals I see no difference in hitting a dog in the head with a skateboard and shooting one in the ass with a B B gun. But I have never and will never shoot, beat cut or torture and animal in anyway just for the fun of it.

I made a comment about this video and instead of saying something about it and letting it drop you all kept posting mean posts. Which that is fine with me. But the way I see it the same ones that said they were pissed about one animal abuse video are some of the same ones that say they would shoot a dog in the ass with a BB gun. If you stop to think about it if that BB gets imbedded in the skin it can cause infection and kill the animal. I ought to know I had a neighbor shoot my dog (which was in her own fence) I didn't know it happened until it was too late to save her. they were going to amputate her leg but infection had spread so my dog died because some asshole shot her for fun.

And now if you cant see why I got angry then Oh well. Hipocrites (sp) is what I say.

Vixen

Ok I will say this once and only once, since you are making implications about me, one the type of bee bee gun I used was the same style that The Christmas Story kid had, so from a distance this gun could not hurt a dog or embed in the dogs skin, and if your neighbor's gun did this they were using a CO2 gun, way more powerful and if you read my post you would see that the dog was being a nuisance, my grandmother made steps to stop this and the neighbor did nothing and the dog never listened. So this is not the same thing, Vixen if your going to post things read and quit trying to take care of the kids at the same time, they call this a distraction and I think you know what this can do, so before you post anything read!!!!!!!!!!!
Just Stop and READ:read:
Sorry to hear about your dog if your dog was really in your yard you can sue them for animal abuse.

Last edited:

cobraless

Established Member
Originally posted by StangVixen
I know they are rodents and I can see killing them when they are causing damage and all what I am saying is killing them just for sport. Just like going out and shooting them just for kicks. No Im not going to start a save the gopher fund smarty ;-) I just feel differently about things thats all. I dont like the thought of animals being killed for fun. thats all I am saying.
Vixen

Are you against deer hunting and such?

pat

StangVixen

Established Member
No cobraless I am not against deer hunting and such.

Ad Buff what are you talking about "taking care of the kids at the same time"? I get on this computer when my daughter is in bed or taking a nap.I dont get on here very often. And also, If you think you are making me look like a stupid female or whatever you aren't. You were telling me to "read" well I am reading and If you would do the same you would see what it is I am trying to say. Instead you are trying to act like a high and mighty. When I first read some of your posts I thought you were a nice guy and you may be but right now you are acting...well not nice. I wont call names because I dont know you and that would be wrong.

OH and I did not make any implications about you. Thank you very much. And let me see...."read and stop trying to take care of the kids at the same time".....let me tell you something. I am not stupid I can do more than one thing at a time (since you wanna get nasty) I take very good care of my little girl. This is not a distraction for me it is a way to unwind after a long day. But I guess you just dont understand that. And I dont know what you meant by "you know what this can do" I guess you are talking about it being a distraction.

All I was doing was expressing an opinion and you turned into jerk of the month. Actually what this reminds me of is High school you know what i mean...one person says something and someone takes it and runs with it to make it something totally different. I said I didnt like the mistreatment of animals and automatically the sarcastic remarks "lets not kill animals that is wrong" "dont fish it makes the fish bleed" etc...etc... whatever.

Oh and one more thing before i end this...dont you ever judge me by what I do because I dont judge you my family comes first in my life i dont know about you. You could be the best guy in the world but you are acting like a jerk. And I am a nice lady but you have made me be a bitch. And dont bother replying to this post it is no longer worth my time to look at. And before you reply....READ!!!!!!!!!
Vixen

ravenknight

Never enough
Established Member
YOU AGAIN, THIS IS REALLY GETTING BORING. you are about as bright as burnt out light bulb, I have one word for you, EDUCATION, learning doesn't just stop at school, I am not making any assumptions about, I remember what you post and If I felt like digging all your posts up, and using it against you I could but this is going no where fast so quit this was a conversation. you got mad and wouldn't stop and now I just plain think your stupid no wait ignorant, but I don't hate ya:sleeping:

StangVixen

Established Member
blah blah blah whatever dude. I didnt call you names but i certainly can. But I wont I am much more mature than that.

Hope you have a really great day!

Vixen

billyfe390

Banned
Well vixen I understand your point but look at it from this perspective. There are a few mountain lions around here and a ton of coyotes but there are not enough to keep the prarie dog population down to controlled levels. Nearly every dog farm is located on somebodies ranch where they have from 500 to 5000 cattle as well as cowboys on horses to work those cattle if anyone of those cattle or horses steps in a hole and breaks a leg the only option is to shoot it. Dogs are like mice or rabbits they breed and breed and breed until they not only become disease infected but they cause millions of dollars of land and livestock damage. They simply cannot poison them because the amount of poison required would eventually end up in the meat produced by cattle that feed on the pasture land out here. Also under most of the central part of the state there is a huge underground resevoir that could be contaminated. While some people think it is fun to go shootin dogs and some dont there is a very valid reason to do it.

StangVixen

Established Member
Originally posted by billyfe390
Well vixen I understand your point but look at it from this perspective. There are a few mountain lions around here and a ton of coyotes but there are not enough to keep the prarie dog population down to controlled levels. Nearly every dog farm is located on somebodies ranch where they have from 500 to 5000 cattle as well as cowboys on horses to work those cattle if anyone of those cattle or horses steps in a hole and breaks a leg the only option is to shoot it. Dogs are like mice or rabbits they breed and breed and breed until they not only become disease infected but they cause millions of dollars of land and livestock damage. They simply cannot poison them because the amount of poison required would eventually end up in the meat produced by cattle that feed on the pasture land out here. Also under most of the central part of the state there is a huge underground resevoir that could be contaminated. While some people think it is fun to go shootin dogs and some dont there is a very valid reason to do it.
Hey Billy I understand. What I was talking about was just killing them for fun. That is what I was saying when it was taken out of context. I know god gave us dominion over the animals and to keep the population down you have to kill some of them. That is totally understandable. I mainly got upset because someone decided to call me names even though they dont know me. But anyway. Thats what I was trying to say.
Vixen

ravenknight

Never enough
Established Member
Stangvixen,
I completely understood what you were saying but I think you took what I was saying out of context, see page 1, then you said or implicated that I was abusing animals, I am very sorry for your lose(dog), I do not in any way think that hitting a dog in the face is the same thing as shooting a rodent(gopher), they are pests that carry disease. This video when I first seen it, I thought damn this is crazy so I posted it, Like I said earlier we use poison in our yards but like billyfe390 said these pesticides would get in the meat we eat, therefore shooting them is the best way, but page 1 also had a few guys say similar things but you keep implying this is soo wrong, but I apologize for calling you names, I deal with trying to put everything in lamans terms all day long and didnot feel like doing it on this post, bad day. This is entertaining to see someone target shooting gophers but never will be cool to see someone hit, shoot(bb's), pick on or mistreat pets of any kind. However if a dog or cat is coming on my property I feel that everyone has the right to do what is necessary to solve the problem and hopefully they do the right thing and first try to talk to the owner, still no resolution, scold the pet, still none, whatever it takes without killing the animal as it is a pet. I hope this puts it into perspective and I truly am sorry for calling you names, but you shouldn't read so deep into things it is the just internet.

StangVixen

Established Member
BUFFMUSTANG,
If I implied that you were abusing an animal I am sorry. I am an animal lover not to the point of PETA or animal rights activist. But the main thing in the last post that made me angry was the remark you made about my ability to care for my child and be on the computer. I can understand having a bad day at work or whatever but that was no reason to do what you did. I accept your appology and I hope you accept mine for what I may have said to you. And I know this is the internet and I shouldn't take anything too seriously on here. But if you watch the news at any time you see all this death and destruction all the time and I just wasn't expecting the contents of the video to be like that. But anyway the past is the past. No harm done. Have a good one.
Vixen

Users who are viewing this thread