Shooting practice for the plains*nws*

ravenknight

Never enough
Established Member
Originally posted by SuperTrooper
Whiny ass liberal tree huggers. Go form a cult and start a farm in the woods.
If they did that they would learn what is was to actually work to get something and they might have to kill an animal to eat, on no don't kill any animals

Last edited:

raven69david

Blown & Cammed
Established Member
Montana is cattle country. Those little prairie dogs cost ranchers several thousands/millions of dollars in lost revenue due to either cows getting hurt or horses getting maimed by accidentally putting a foot in one of those holes. It's gruesome, but sometimes you gotta do whatever it takes to get rid of the overpopulation of those prairie dogs....especially if it's costing you serious $ on lost revenue. Those cows/horses are their livelyhood.

StangVixen

Established Member
Originally posted by BUFFMUSTANG30
If they did that they would learn what is was to actually work to get something and they might have to kill an animal to eat, on no don't kill any animals
How bout this...Kiss my ass I said there may be underlying circumstances to why they were killing them. No need to be jerks. You know you all talk about a lot of stuff and if someone doesn't agree with you they are "gay" or a f***tard or some crap like that and you are so quick to call people names but heaven help someone say something against you all. Well let me tell you this I am not a f***ing tree hugger but I dont believe in senseless acts of meanness. And let me tell you one damn thing I have worked hard all my life and at some jobs you wouldn't even think of working because you would think that they are beneath you. I am doing the best job in the world right now and that is being a mother and wife. How dare you say that I don't know what it means to "actually work". I may not have many material things but I have a great family to show for all my work. You want to attack me for saying something about shooting those animals being wrong or whatever thats fine but you dont know me and have no right to pass judgement on me when you know nothing about me or my life so to the both of you you can Kiss my Ass. Because one day you are going to say the wrong shit to the wrong person and they will put something on you that Ajax wont take off.
Vixen

StangVixen

Established Member
Originally posted by raven69david
Montana is cattle country. Those little prairie dogs cost ranchers several thousands/millions of dollars in lost revenue due to either cows getting hurt or horses getting maimed by accidentally putting a foot in one of those holes. It's gruesome, but sometimes you gotta do whatever it takes to get rid of the overpopulation of those prairie dogs....especially if it's costing you serious $ on lost revenue. Those cows/horses are their livelyhood.
Im not saying dont kill animals that are nusiances (sp) I can see that what I am saying is shooting them for fun. I dont like sport hunting. I know what you mean about cattle and horses being their livelyhood. I can also understand protecting your investments. What I said was taken out of context.
Vixen

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
Most farmers very more than happy to give me a brick of 22's and a few beers to rid them of some gophers.

Like someone already said, they cause millions in losses every year.

ravenknight

Never enough
Established Member
Originally posted by StangVixen
How bout this...Kiss my ass I said there may be underlying circumstances to why they were killing them. No need to be jerks. You know you all talk about a lot of stuff and if someone doesn't agree with you they are "gay" or a f***tard or some crap like that and you are so quick to call people names but heaven help someone say something against you all. Well let me tell you this I am not a f***ing tree hugger but I dont believe in senseless acts of meanness. And let me tell you one damn thing I have worked hard all my life and at some jobs you wouldn't even think of working because you would think that they are beneath you. I am doing the best job in the world right now and that is being a mother and wife. How dare you say that I don't know what it means to "actually work". I may not have many material things but I have a great family to show for all my work. You want to attack me for saying something about shooting those animals being wrong or whatever thats fine but you dont know me and have no right to pass judgement on me when you know nothing about me or my life so to the both of you you can Kiss my Ass. Because one day you are going to say the wrong shit to the wrong person and they will put something on you that Ajax wont take off.
Vixen

Vixen oh vixen you are taking this conversation to another level and it is you that are taking this out of text, did I say you were a liberal, I was speaking of some of them in general your name wasn't in my post, but since you bring this all up, I don't know what u have done in your life and you don't know what I have done, lets keep it civil and just read my first post to you the very last sentence. Everyone has a right to an opinion, its kinda like assholes everyone has one. So I think you have made your opinion clear as I hope I have as well, now lets forget it like you said earlier, thanks

hmmmidunno

BANNED !!!!!!!!!!
yah know here in america we kill roaches and rats because thier a nusiance. we kill em however we can poison or even step on them. this is no different they just made it a sport. i mean gophers and rats are the same family their consitered rodents. and both cause damages like rats will contaminate with their feces and chew up power lines anything. their rodents jeeze!!! are u gonna start a save the gopher fund:p.....

ravenknight

Never enough
Established Member
Originally posted by hmmmidunno
yah know here in america we kill roaches and rats because thier a nusiance. we kill em however we can poison or even step on them. this is no different they just made it a sport. i mean gophers and rats are the same family their consitered rodents. and both cause damages like rats will contaminate with their feces and chew up power lines anything. their rodents jeeze!!! are u gonna start a save the gopher fund:p.....

I think the problem here is the gopher is cute unlike roaches or rats so that automatically makes it wrong

StangVixen

Established Member
I know they are rodents and I can see killing them when they are causing damage and all what I am saying is killing them just for sport. Just like going out and shooting them just for kicks. No Im not going to start a save the gopher fund smarty ;-) I just feel differently about things thats all. I dont like the thought of animals being killed for fun. thats all I am saying.
Vixen

mark209

Marines Lead The Way
Established Member
Yeah from what i hear, gohpers are a big prob up there in montana, i only wish we had some problem like that here in florida, give me an excuse to shoot stuff all the time. My ar15 has been sitting in the closet for almost a month now unfired, how lame

The Orphaner

Snake Charmer
Established Member
I guess what I'm thinking is when does it not become ok? I mean is there a list of animals that are ok to Shoot and another that are not? What if my neighbors dog shits in my yard everyday, or digs holes, can I shoot him? I mean he is a real pest, just as the gophers are. LOL :whine:

Donnie

Established Member
Oh and please dont fish either. Those poor fish, they get the hooks caught in their mouth and sometimes BLEED! Oh no, the humanity. Every animal has its role on earth. Dogs have a different role than a chicken or a Gopher. :idea:

hmmmidunno

BANNED !!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by The Orphaner
I guess what I'm thinking is when does it not become ok? I mean is there a list of animals that are ok to Shoot and another that are not? What if my neighbors dog shits in my yard everyday, or digs holes, can I shoot him? I mean he is a real pest, just as the gophers are. LOL :whine:

heck yeh shoot that dog in the nuts.... it'll learn

ravenknight

Never enough
Established Member
heck yeh shoot that dog in the nuts.... it'll learn

:lol: no that would be wrong, my grandma had a neighbor dog that loved to come over and shit in her yard, went on for months til she finally cracked and bought a bee bee gun, and called me and told me to just shoot it in the ass when it was doing its thing, cause she yelled at the dog every time and never worked and she knew I loved to shoot and was pretty good. So for a few days I would be sitting in the upstairs window and everytime it came over I pegged it in the ass, finally about the third day the owner came over and started crap and we called the cops and that was that, they told him to take responsiblity for the dog cause if we had wanted to we could have shot the dog for trespassing(sp), of course this was 15 years ago. the good ole days.

Whitten

Grocery Run
Established Member
Varmit hunting....absolutely necessary as they no longer have many natural predators due to the fact that the ranchers have killed them off. So yes it is totally necessary, and has been done for literally 200 years. My father used to do the same thing in El Paso, and also when he was running the 4-6's ranch. They have to be shot or they will litterally destroy the countryside, and leave no forage for the dear, antelope, buffalo, and the ranchers cattle. Fun as hell to do too, my weapon of choice is my 300 WSM, but my father swears by his 22-250 as it is tried and true.

Seriously though, don't get so upset over killing prarie dogs, there are so many of them that if no one shot them, they would cause massive sickness and deseas to spread, and would also kill off alot of other animals. It is our responsibility to manage them since it is our fault they no longer have the necessary numbers of foxes, wolves, and coyotes to kill and eat sick, young, or unaware animals.

Great vid guys.

dougwg

Established Member
tough job... but someone has to do it..... and if you have to do a job.... might as well have fun at it!

waytofastvette

Buh Bye !
Originally posted by StangVixen
:nonono: That is just sick! And you guys think it is cool? You all got pissed when you see some dudes hit a dog but blowing a gopher to shit tickles you? there is something seriously wrong with that. You all talked about what you would do if you could get hold of the ones that hit that dog and then you are laughing because some bored so and so gets his jollies off of blowing something to hell and back. I love animals and it makes me angry to see people mistreat them in any way. It is just wrong. What if that was a female and she had babies??? She is dead now and her babies will die without her. But NO that doesn't enter your minds does it because it is "just a gopher" it is nothing really huh? Well, they are living and breathing animals that shouldn't be killed just because some dumbass is freaking bored. If you want to show something like that put a warning in there so someone knows there is graphic scenes involved. I am not trying to be a bitch but it has made me angry. I know i will get nailed with all sorts of bad posts but i dont care. It is not cool it is sick and meaningless killing. It would be different if you were eating them but you aren't you are just killing them. You all said how bad someone was when they hit this dog and she had puppies and if she died then you knew the puppies would too but you dont think about that gopher. Yeah they may be heavy populated but that doesn't give someone the right to just kill them. :mj: But if you are going to do it and tape it dont show it without some sort of warning. Now that is all I am going to say before I really get pissed and tick someone off.
Vixen

And people call me Gay ? ----- what if she had babies :dw:

waytofastvette

Buh Bye !
Originally posted by The Orphaner

I would warn my neighbor That he better keep his dog out of your yard if that dont work. Throw a few steaks marinated in Terra " ant killer" The dog will get sick and die -----end of problem and nobody is non the wiser

or you could just shoot it but you would have to deal with the body then. In that case i sudjest dumping the body in a drainage ditch the next county over

Users who are viewing this thread