Shooting practice for the plains*nws*

sikwitit36

Banned
Pickin off Gophers huh...?????? lol

When I was stationed up there in Montana last year we used to do that shit all the time. They were everywhere. We had a SSGT that caught one and put it on a leash and walked around like a dog all day.

Nice find.

Codes

ROLL PRINCE ROLL!!!!
Established Member
My dad used to do that, he said they would take pictures right when they fired the gun, and all you would be able to see would be guts...

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
Not much else to do in Montana; with it currently ranking @ 49th in wages paid and 50th in unemployment in the U.S., you dont live there unless your retired or financially independent.

I lived in Bozeman MT for 10 years. Thats all I did was shoot gophers and fish in my free time (or work on the Shelby during the winter). For every gopher you see on the surface there are 10 underground. At night you find your beer buddies and go drinkin, otherwise there ain't shit to do there.

Cops dont give a shit what you do if you've been around long enough...

Vanride69

west bound and down
Established Member
so what gun were u using? and i suppose u meant #1 for unemployment, not #50? otherwise u are saying more ppl there have a job instead of are unemployed. :)

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
When I shot, I used a ruger 10-22 with a lilja bull barrel. Those guys in the video were using either .17 hornaday polymer tips or some type of .223 hollowpoint or better tip.

And I meant its the bottom of the barrel like you figured. The state is anti-growth, and the job quality is equivalent to an outhouse.

FordFreak

Established Member
Im pretty sure it was a .22-250 or similar high velocity round. I use .223 when I go varmint hunting and it doesnt blow them up like that. I've shot with a .308 and it takes them out like in the vid. haha
I dont know about the .17 making the damage in the vid.
But who knows... :shrug:

Last edited:

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
.17 hornaday polymer tipped is all the rage these days from what I've heard up there.

If it ain't American Eagle .22 hollowpoints that your shooting dogs with then its too expensive. .223 and 22-250 is groundhog ammo for me.

I plan on gettin me a hog @ 750-1000 yards next summer with my M82.

hmmmidunno

BANNED !!!!!!!!!!
that gopher got owned.... i went shooting ground squirells in nevada with my uncle using his bushmaster AR-15 and 10-22. at 300yrds open site takes about 2-3 shots before u can hit em
cause of variable windage but once u do man them suckers explode:p

StangVixen

Established Member
:nonono: That is just sick! And you guys think it is cool? You all got pissed when you see some dudes hit a dog but blowing a gopher to shit tickles you? there is something seriously wrong with that. You all talked about what you would do if you could get hold of the ones that hit that dog and then you are laughing because some bored so and so gets his jollies off of blowing something to hell and back. I love animals and it makes me angry to see people mistreat them in any way. It is just wrong. What if that was a female and she had babies??? She is dead now and her babies will die without her. But NO that doesn't enter your minds does it because it is "just a gopher" it is nothing really huh? Well, they are living and breathing animals that shouldn't be killed just because some dumbass is freaking bored. If you want to show something like that put a warning in there so someone knows there is graphic scenes involved. I am not trying to be a bitch but it has made me angry. I know i will get nailed with all sorts of bad posts but i dont care. It is not cool it is sick and meaningless killing. It would be different if you were eating them but you aren't you are just killing them. You all said how bad someone was when they hit this dog and she had puppies and if she died then you knew the puppies would too but you dont think about that gopher. Yeah they may be heavy populated but that doesn't give someone the right to just kill them. :mj: But if you are going to do it and tape it dont show it without some sort of warning. Now that is all I am going to say before I really get pissed and tick someone off.
Vixen

ravenknight

Never enough
Established Member
stangvixen, feel better? Yea I don't think hitting a dog in the face with a skateboard is the same thing as blowing up a gopher, the dog was being tortured and I guarantee the gopher did not feel a thing, besides you or I don't know the real reason why they were shooting the gophers, maybe they are a problem in Montana, I know here in Nebraska we have a slight problem with ground squirrels, so what do the people of NE do, buy poison. also using some commonsense would have told you that the vid was not good to see for the weak of heart. IE, pratice shooting in the plains, *NWS* Not work safe to watch, hummidunno what cha think? But you are intitled to your opinion, thats what makes this country great:beer:

Last edited:

huskerpower02

Car go vroom
Established Member
that is absolutly disgusting. thats pretty sick that some people get their shits and giggles out of shooting inoccent animals like that. absolutly revolting...:nonono:

StangVixen

Established Member
Yeah I feel better and like I said I wasn't trying to be a bitch about it and Yeah they may have had a legitamate reason for doing that but what made me angry were the comments. OH just nevermind I'll learn not to post replies.
Vixen

P.S. some of us dont know all the shorthand for typing on the computer. I only have certain times to get on my laptop. being a mom takes more time then just 9 to 5.

StangVixen

Established Member
Oh and BUFF you cant go by the name "shooting in the plains" that could mean a number of things. How was I supposed to know it was someone blowing gophers to bits. As for the comment you made about common sense I have plenty of it, thank you very much. it said nothing about not watching if you are weak of heart and NWS could mean nudity involved or something like that But so sorry if I didnt know that.
Vixen

ravenknight

Never enough
Established Member
Originally posted by StangVixen
Oh and BUFF you cant go by the name "shooting in the plains" that could mean a number of things. How was I supposed to know it was someone blowing gophers to bits. As for the comment you made about common sense I have plenty of it, thank you very much. it said nothing about not watching if you are weak of heart and NWS could mean nudity involved or something like that But so sorry if I didnt know that.
Vixen
Reaching are ya, it is "shooting practice in the plains", and with a nws, which in my experience on the net means shooting something up, common sense, how would this have anything to do with nudity.:shrug: I really don't care though vixen

ravenknight

Never enough
Established Member
Originally posted by StangVixen
good lord just forget it you are deliberately taking everything I said out of context.
Already did but I keep getting emails on this thread so I read what you write afterall this is a forum for that type of thing:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread