Shooting in A country music bar in CA, several dead

Coiled03

Established Member
Really? you know better than this lol. It obviously hit home for some here, deflecting to Chicago when that has nothing to do with the mass shooting issue we have in this country. And who commits the overwhelming majority of these shootings?

The "mass shooting issue"? How do you justify that as a larger problem than what's happening in Chicago? It's clearly not about the number of people being killed, so what is it?

It's not a deflection to bring up Chicago. It's providing context to the relative number of people killed. Maybe you don't like the point about Chicago being raised. But that doesn't make it any less true, or pertinent to the discussion.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
The "mass shooting issue"? How do you justify that as a larger problem than what's happening in Chicago? It's clearly not about the number of people being killed, so what is it?

It's not a deflection to bring up Chicago. It's providing context to the relative number of people killed. Maybe you don't like the point about Chicago being raised. But that doesn't make it any less true, or pertinent to the discussion.

So a mass shooting happens and instead of discussing it we just go "meh", "but Chicago tho". C'mon now even you in the past admitted Chicago being brought up is a red herring. We have a thread or few dedicated to Chicago, if he want's to talk about it he should go there.

Shooting happens in Chicago...

SVT posters: Them black people in Chicago are out of control, something really needs to be done about it! (Echo chamber ensues).

A White man commits a mass shooting...

One of the few black SVT posters: Damn, a white man shot shit up again...(same posters that talk about Chicago become triggered).

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
So a mass shooting happens and instead of discussing it we just go "meh", "but Chicago tho". C'mon now even you in the past admitted Chicago being brought up is a red herring. We have a thread or few dedicated to Chicago, if he want's to talk about it he should go there.

SVT posters: Them black people in Chicago are out of control, something really needs to be done about it! (Echo chamber ensues).

One of the few black SVT posters: Damn, a white man shot shit up again...(same posters that talk about Chicago become triggered).

Id avise you to not get so entangled into this whole race thing. Accept the “advantages” and “disadvantages” that come with each race. ALL people have certain perceptions of other people based on their interactions with said people. Sometimes people just dont like you and that is OK.

No reason to become burdened by “racial issues”. Let that bs go, worry about yourself as an individual.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
they said on the news that there were about 4 or 5 off duty cops there at the bar. i dont know what the various agencies policies are about carrying while drinking but im sure a lot do it. of course, that could be the news with unconfirmed information as well.

this is pretty close to me. im in that area all the time. i was about 15 minutes away from there this morning in fact. i went to CLU which is close by and one of the colleges they keep mentioning. im sure i know someone who knows someone who was there. plenty of people i know have gone to that bar (not me personally).

this is a really nice area. far enough away from the riff raff common folks of LA. typically a very low crime area. will smith lives in that city as do a few other celebs im sure. id move there in a heartbeat if i could afford it and my wife didnt work so far from there.

RIP to those that lost their lives and the deputy who rushed in to help and made the ultimate sacrifice, a year before retirement.

cbj5259

Established Member
And as a result of the non stop news coverage and social media, the next mass shooter was created today. Someone mentioned it earlier...semiautomatic firearms have been around for over 100 years but something in the past 20 years has driven people to all of the sudden decide to put on these mass shootings at an increasing rate. It's the social media, 24 hours news craze that has infected this country. I'd love to see a side by side graph of how the number of these shootings have paralleled the rise in social media platforms. It's the elephant in the room that everyone wants to avoid. You want to prevent this shit from happening again? Don't publicize it, glorify it and talk about it for weeks on end. I guarant****ingtee you this guy was inspired by the synagogue shooting and the next asshole will have been inspired by this guy.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
I think you're looking for this thread https://www.svtperformance.com/threads/75-people-shot-in-chicago-over-the-weekend.1163402/

Really? you know better than this lol. It obviously hit home for some here, deflecting to Chicago when that has nothing to do with the mass shooting issue we have in this country. And who commits the overwhelming majority of these shootings?

Man are you crazy? Look how long I've been on this site, this is child's play compared to how it use to be here. Forums are just entertainment for me at this point.

When did you start hating whites? Was it before or after you joined SVTP?

Asking for a friend.

200w.gif

Coiled03

Established Member

In some cases it's a red herring, in other cases it's not. You see how that's possible, right? Evaluate the point on a case by case basis. And again, nobody brought up Chicago in this thread to say, "something needs to be done about it". It was to provide context in response to you apparently backing Don Lemon's comment.

I don't know how this is difficult to understand. Just do the math in any given month, for example. The number of people killed by mass shootings is likely nowhere near the number of people killed in Chicago. Therefore, Chicago is likely a bigger problem. If you can't follow that logic, or concede that point, I have to assume:

1) You have some other method for evaluating the severity of the two situations that I'm not understanding.
2) You just want to put white people on blast for something, or...
3) You're trolling.

Billybigrig

Established Member
And as a result of the non stop news coverage and social media, the next mass shooter was created today. Someone mentioned it earlier...semiautomatic firearms have been around for over 100 years but something in the past 20 years has driven people to all of the sudden decide to put on these mass shootings at an increasing rate. It's the social media, 24 hours news craze that has infected this country. I'd love to see a side by side graph of how the number of these shootings have paralleled the rise in social media platforms. It's the elephant in the room that everyone wants to avoid. You want to prevent this shit from happening again? Don't publicize it, glorify it and talk about it for weeks on end. I guarant****ingtee you this guy was inspired by the synagogue shooting and the next asshole will have been inspired by this guy.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I can't disagree, you used to hear about mass shootings once in a blue moon, now they are almost common occurrences. The media should stop reporting them if it would reduce the numbers just like they don't report suicides unless your one of the rich and famous to help reduce the copy cats

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I can't disagree, you used to hear about mass shootings once in a blue moon, now they are almost common occurrences. The media should stop reporting them if it would reduce the numbers just like they don't report suicides unless your one of the rich and famous to help reduce the copy cats
Who’s this?
Bullitt1448

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Id avise you to not get so entangled into this whole race thing. Accept the “advantages” and “disadvantages” that come with each race. ALL people have certain perceptions of other people based on their interactions with said people. Sometimes people just dont like you and that is OK.

No reason to become burdened by “racial issues”. Let that bs go, worry about yourself as an individual.

I agree, but I better see you say this to other posters when they come in with their broad statements the next time 200 people die in a weekend in Chicago.

Now let me have my fun lol.

When did you start hating whites? Was it before or after you joined SVTP?

Asking for a friend.

View attachment 1527626
I don't hate white people bro, my BFF is white and he's been to my house exactly 2 times.

In some cases it's a red herring, in other cases it's not. You see how that's possible, right? Evaluate the point on a case by case basis. And again, nobody brought up Chicago in this thread to say, "something needs to be done about it". It was to provide context in response to you apparently backing Don Lemon's comment.

I don't know how this is difficult to understand. Just do the math in any given month, for example. The number of people killed by mass shootings is likely nowhere near the number of people killed in Chicago. Therefore, Chicago is likely a bigger problem. If you can't follow that logic, or concede that point, I have to assume:

3) You're trolling.

From the moment I made my initial post and followed up with the one below you should have known what wave I was on.

Just trying to fit in around here bro, no nuanced discussion allowed, only broad statements ya know. And next time quote or @ me so I know you talking to me.

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
I agree, but I better see you say this to other posters when they come in with their broad statements the next time 200 people die in a weekend in Chicago.

I don't hate white people bro, my BFF is white and he's been to my house exactly 2 times.

From the moment I made my initial post and followed up with the one below you should have known what wave I was on.
Ok bro. Good luck with all that.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member

It goes both ways. Whether a white dude committing crime or black dude committing crime. Its all a same shit. Shitty people doing shitty things. They all STINK just the same.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator

Who’s this?
Bullitt1448
Reply within a a hour, or bye, bye.

Users who are viewing this thread