Shooting at Wisconsin dragway?

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
How the hell does an event have over 5,000 people, a man walks up and shoots 3 men point blank and they do not know if the shooter left on foot, by car or is still at the event? What??? o_O

http://fox6now.com/2017/08/13/breaking-heavy-police-presence-at-great-lakes-dragaway-in-union-grove/

"The suspect was described in an initial description as a black man in his 20s, wearing cut-off blue jean shorts and a black hoodie, with hair on the top of his head and shaved sides. It's unclear whether he left the scene on foot, by vehicle, or whether he was still out there Sunday night."

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
"The men were reportedly part of rival gangs from Chicago and Milwaukee." Gang violence continues to escalate in this country. Seems that cities like Chicago (just to name one) are unwilling and/or unable to tackle it. Crap, innocent people can't even go to a freaking drag race venue without getting involved with gang violence. In this case apparently those killed were members of a rival gang (could have been a revenge shooting), but innocent spectators could have easily been killed as well. :mad:

MaximumSVT

Embrace your fears
Established Member
Premium Member
"The men were reportedly part of rival gangs from Chicago and Milwaukee." Gang violence continues to escalate in this country. Seems that cities like Chicago (just to name one) are unwilling and/or unable to tackle it. Crap, innocent people can't even go to a freaking drag race venue without getting involved with gang violence. In this case apparently those killed were members of a rival gang (could have been a revenge shooting), but innocent spectators could have easily been killed as well. :mad:

Agreed. I live about 25 minutes from that track and was in down town Union Grove for a car show on Saturday. Been to Great Lakes many times; nice track and never any issues. The entire area of Grove and surrounding towns are typically calm and a nice place to live. It's a freaking shame crap like this happens where people go to have fun.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
How the hell does an event have over 5,000 people, a man walks up and shoots 3 men point blank and they do not know if the shooter left on foot, by car or is still at the event? What??? o_O

http://fox6now.com/2017/08/13/breaking-heavy-police-presence-at-great-lakes-dragaway-in-union-grove/

"The suspect was described in an initial description as a black man in his 20s, wearing cut-off blue jean shorts and a black hoodie, with hair on the top of his head and shaved sides. It's unclear whether he left the scene on foot, by vehicle, or whether he was still out there Sunday night."

Your answer is the 5 psychological effects of a violent confrontation. When fight or flight kicks in your mind only takes in limited information to provide more for critical functions. Knowing what a suspect looked like or where he went is not priority to your survival. Plenty of people probably saw the suspect but they cannot recall it correctly.

Sent from my SM-G935P using the svtperformance.com mobile app

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
An update 4 hours ago.

"Sheriff David Beth said authorities are still looking for the male gunman who first shot two of the three men, shot the third as he tried to get away around a tent and then returned and shot the two others a second time.

"He had enough time and enough arrogance to go back up and actually make sure that they were dead," Beth said at an afternoon news conference. The shooting happened as some 15,000 people attended "Larry's Fun Fest" at the raceway on a mild Sunday evening. No one else was hit by gunfire, authorities said.

A lack of cooperation by the victims' relatives has made his detectives' work harder, the sheriff said.

"At least the family members that I'm aware of are not cooperating at all with the investigation. It has not helped us," Beth said."

97snakebite

Established Member
IMO this is why we need more CC holders. I know it would be tough for someone to make the decision since there own life would depend on it to help out in this case. But at that point everyone is at risk by the shooter. Especially if standing right by the shooter.

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
IMO this is why we need more CC holders. I know it would be tough for someone to make the decision since there own life would depend on it to help out in this case. But at that point everyone is at risk by the shooter. Especially if standing right by the shooter.

I have my CCW and no way in hell would I have got involved unless he is coming for me or my family.

I do not know the situation, I do not know who the good guys are and who the bad guys are, and odds are your going to get other innocent people hurt or killed if you turn it int the O.K. corral with that many people around.

JMO

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
Well at least the gangbangers are hitting their targets, normally it would be 3 gang members missed, two kids and a grandmother dead.

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
Pretty crappy situation.

Big event with too many people that probably went into a panic after the first shots. Hard to see who did it.

Wife and I are getting out CC's this year we hope (classes in a few weeks) but, even then, I'm not entirely sure I'd get involved. As the other guy here said, @Booky there are too many variables and too much risk involved with that many people around.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Were they actually there racing? This is a weird story.
A lack of cooperation by the victims' relatives has made his detectives' work harder, the sheriff said.

"At least the family members that I'm aware of are not cooperating at all with the investigation. It has not helped us," Beth said."
I hope they catch the guy and all but I take this with a grain of salt. I personally know someone who saw a family member get killed, told the police all he knew of the person(nickname only) who killed his family member. Tthe story in the paper had this same quote about people being uncooperative. It's like the new "stop resisting" or "he reached for his waistband". I'm sure the track has surveillance.

This isn't aimed at you Cobrabob just using your post since it has the quote in it.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Im thankful for Arizona's constitutional carry laws. AZ still has crime, but you hear about more thwarted crimes than you do victims.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Does anyone else think it is mildly ironic that a crazy white guy kills one white girl and it has been on the news ad nauseum and 1 black snuffs 3 blacks in broad daylight and it is barely a blip on the news?

Is anyone else disgusted over all the fake outrage?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
....I personally know someone who saw a family member get killed, told the police all he knew of the person who killed his family member. Story in the paper had this same quote about people being uncooperative. It's like the new "stop resisting" or "he reached for his waistband".....

This isn't aimed at you Cobrabob just using your post since it has the quote in it.
Oh, I know that. No worries. :)

Users who are viewing this thread