Shit Just Got Real!!!

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
Anyone that knows my car knows that I like stock suspension and running on 18" DR's. Well I bought a set of used Racestars w/ used 275 ET Pro's. I was going to save them for cooler weather. I slapped them on to run NMCA True Street next weekend and decided last minute to go make a couple test hits. The track was packed because of a 49car $10,000 Grudge shootout. I got to make 2 runs before they shut off the timing system...

Shit just got Real! I picked up 3mph by switching tires! Granted the DA was 1800 instead of 2500 from last time out. Wheels dropped 78lbs and I was running 5gal less fuel then last time out. So I was probably 110lbs lighter. Just with the less rolling resistance my MPG pick up on the drive to the track. I actually seen 15MPG on E85! Lol!

1st pass had a goofy launch (3r 8c on Strange dbl adj). I think it hit the tires, then the timing dropped to 10*. It felt like it pulled the front tires, set them down and then tried to pull them back up. The 60' was weak at 1.47, but that was my best 1/8 ET. It ran [email protected].

2nd pass I changed the shocks to 4r 7c (Strange have 10r 9c). The car took off smoother, but still has a slight bounce. It felt better! The 60' was a 1.44, but It didn't front half as good. It ran [email protected].

Lidio from Alternative Auto Performance has been tweaking the tune. I have 2 tunes and we're trying to merge them together. One tune comes out hard, but pulls timing out on the big end for no reason, and the tune I was running yesterday comes out soft, but pulls hard on the big end. I thought for sure my 2nd pass was going to be a 9.69 or better. It did hit the limiter on the 2nd gear shift (7600), so it pulled timing back.

car has 60' 1.43 on 18" M&H's, so I'm hoping to see a 1.39 out of the Pro's by the end of the year.

I'm pretty happy with the little Gen 1 Roush blower, maybe next year I'll upgrade to the Gen 2 case...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 962
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 936
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 952
Last edited:

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
New suspension set up is:
Stock springs w/ 1 coil cut on all 4 corners
Roush upper control arm
BMR poly lowers
BMR relocation brackets in top hole
Strange dbl adj rear shocks (hate the knob location).

100% stock suspension went 1.45 60'. So far best 60' has been 1.43, but hoping to get a 1.39 (stock converter)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 945
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 919
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 912
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 918
Last edited:

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
I wasn't expecting to see almost 144mph this time of year! This gives me hope for 9.50's come fall... Our DA gets down to around 400 to 600 if I remeber right...

Video isn't the greatest, I need to upgrade the camera one of these days...

[video=youtube;IJSmA9BBO0g]Http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJSmA9BBO0g[/video]

Last edited:

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
Next thing you know you will put an aftermarket torque converter in and go a 1.30 60ft! Just busting your balls lol

Car looks much better lowered with the drag wheels. Get some aerospace brakes on that beast and run 9.40s with good fall DA.

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
Thanks guys!

The car has been really reliable. 86 passes and haven't had to call a flatbed yet to get me home!
(Just knocked on wood)

Last edited:

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
Nice job, Scott! The car is flying! I wouldn't be surprised to see you dip into the .40's before the season is finished!

Riptide

Established Member
Are you on the stock shortblock? I can't tell in your sig. You probably told me at one point or another. My bad if so.

Users who are viewing this thread