Shift improvements to the MT-82 6 speed, what has worked for you.

T.O.Snake

Established Member
A fluid swap is one thing......MAYBE the cost of a GT500 pedal assembly. But to have to cough up a substantial amount of cash for a clutch swap (particularly a twin disc), to remedy problems with a new car kinda irks me.

Would the fluid and pedal swap generally be sufficient? I'd rather put that clutch money towards a boss intake, tune, and maybe a couple other things.

wbt

Banned
A fluid swap is one thing......MAYBE the cost of a GT500 pedal assembly. But to have to cough up a substantial amount of cash for a clutch swap (particularly a twin disc), to remedy problems with a new car kinda irks me.

Would the fluid and pedal swap generally be sufficient? I'd rather put that clutch money towards a boss intake, tune, and maybe a couple other things.

Never had an issue with my stock clutch. I switched simply due to what I was doing with the car, not because of an issue I was having.

Same can't be said for other owners however. The perspective that is needed is what are the plans for the car? Street use with occasional strip, primarily strip with some street, dedicated strip, etc... That will determine which route to choose.

Users who are viewing this thread