Shelby GT500 Barton Shifter 5001BM-3 VS MGW Short Throw Shifter

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks for sharing your input @biminiLX @CobraBob Im always looking for opinions on products. I would definitely stay with the Barton and even replace with another barton because not only is it a great shifter....... but its original product to the Super Snake build. I'd like to keep everything original unless a new product or better product came to market.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks for sharing your input @biminiLX @CobraBob Im always looking for opinions on products. I would definitely stay with the Barton and even replace with another barton because not only is it a great shifter....... but its original product to the Super Snake build. I'd like to keep everything original unless a new product or better product came to market.

there is a better product, its called MGW lmfao!
have a good weekend

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
LOL. Well, you're happy with the Barton and you prefer to keep your Super Snake original. Let that be your focus.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Curious why an operation like SAI would go with Barton instead / over MGW ?
I had a Barton in my 11 & considered it pretty much bullet proof..

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
Curious why an operation like SAI would go with Barton instead / over MGW ?
I had a Barton in my 11 & considered it pretty much bullet proof..
IDK......but I am curious why they chose the barton for the SS program and than went with the MGW for the shelby 1000 program??? My guess would be there both great shifters and thought each would suite there needs for the chosen builds.

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Maybe the deal with Barton worked best for SAI?

It's always about money @CobraBob lol!
:iagree:
x2.

Stage 4.6

Established Member
Thanks @Stage 4.6 You can buy them here......

Thank you sir!

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
Checking both sites this morning, if cost was a consideration, the MGW is cheaper than the Barton..
Maybe SAI got the whole sale price from Barton for the SS program and than had to pay up for the MGW for the Shelby 1000 program???? I believe less than 15 shelby 1000's exist between 2013-14 @1 Alibi 2

Stage 4.6

Established Member
Checking both sites this morning, if cost was a consideration, the MGW is cheaper than the Barton..
American Muscle sells the Barton for $429 + free shipping.
Lethal Performance sells the MGW for $425 4 bucks cheaper but their shipping :rolleyes: is pricey. I believe Summit sells the Barton for under $400 bucks depending on shifter handle options.

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Lethal Performance sells the MGW for $425 4 bucks cheaper but their shipping :rolleyes: is pricey. I believe Summit sells the Barton for under $400 bucks depending on shifter handle options.
MGW usually offers 5% off (which roughly equates to free shipping) via coupon code MGWPATRIOT.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I just went to the Mfg.'s site for pricing, didn't " shop " their products..

Turbo900rr

Established Member
I’ll go ahead and complicate the discussion. Just installed a pro 5.0 shifter. Can be purchased for 1/2 the money. FANTASTIC shifter. Easy install, improved the car, so much it amazing.

beau t

Established Member
Maybe I'm not following but i bought a MGW shifter and the SA shift ball fits on it, if I'm not mistaken you could get the shifter with 1 of 2 thread patterns . Its been prob close to 7 years since i installed it so maybe I'm off on this assumption.

Users who are viewing this thread