Shelby Emblem in my 01 Grill w/Pics

sn8k

THe oLD FaRT
Established Member
If you like it, that's all that really matters. I don't see anything wrong with it - it's all simply personal preference.

6SpeedLover

Established Member
It doesnt look bad, but does it rub your hood?? Looks a little close... Different is good.

"WILL RACE FOR FOOD"

Mustang4vSVT

4x4ing this mofo up!
Established Member
way too big. But its definately an "IN YOUR FACE" type of mod if youre lookin at ur rear view mirror and see that thing comming :D

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
Still need to see a further-back, normal-lens shot of the front end without distortion. I think many will see it's not that big. If you think about it, visually it's only about as large as the Mustang emblem it replaces and it shows off the fine details of the Snake badge real nice. Considering the louder than usual exhaust tone of a stock Cobra (more so with an O/R X-pipe) I'd think it wouldn't be so bad to be "IN THEIR FACE" as well as "IN THEIR EAR"!! Kinda like a getting the police lightbar just before the siren blows by you. :beer:

Serpentor

Rock Hard Member
Established Member
for the people that doesnt like it... it looks about the same size as the horse.

I give you probs for being unique and creative... people have been asking for a larger snake, well.. here you go. I'll reserve final judgement on whether if its too large after seeing more pics (zoom out please)

chuckstang

Established Member
yo derek, whats up
its chuck, I live near you and see you at the gym a lot.
Put the old one back on! although I gotta say I would have to see it in person first I guess.

esoteric781

01 - 2 - 04
Established Member
chuckstang said:
yo derek, whats up
its chuck, I live near you and see you at the gym a lot.
Put the old one back on! although I gotta say I would have to see it in person first I guess.

Hey, whats up Chuck. I'll have to get some further away pictures, its really not as big as everyone thinks, and the dude that said if my engine overheats???? wtf lol, i didn't like block the entire grill and seal it closed lol, as previously said, its no bigger than the mustang horse that came stock. I just think the old cobra emblem was wayyyyyy too small. Its not so much of a bling thing, i was just in need of a new emblem, the old one was all torn up. Figured i'd try and throw on the new cobra emblem, i love it, doesn't rub the hood or anything when closed, fits absolutely perfect.

Last edited:

jd93gt

Established Member
How much did the new emblem run ya? I like it... It's a nice way to make the cobra stand out. I have the SS Cobra lettering in the back, might as well make the cobra stand out in the front too!

What kind of modifications did you have to make to the front mounting bracket?

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
427Windsorman said:
I am in the process of installing one on my '03. It looks great, IMO.....

Good deal...please post pics of front with new 'Snake from a distance...so we can see it without the wide-angle distortion above.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
It looks ok...but if it were alittle smaller kinda in between the Shelby size and original it would look good IMHO

427Windsorman

Currently between Fords
Established Member
Double"O" said:
It looks ok...but if it were alittle smaller kinda in between the Shelby size and original it would look good IMHO

I thought the same thing when I looked at pictures of the car in the first post of this thread, but I decided to do it myself anyway. I am glad I did. It looks great in person, and is the perfect size for the large open grill on our cars, IMO. :coolman:

Playtme

Established Member
I am doing the same but am giong to use the side emblem instead of the grill one. There is about 1/2 inch of space above and below the emblem and actualy more by the hood because of the hood curve. CJpony parts cant sell the 07 emblems any more because of ford BS. From the dealer the emblem was about $60. with tax

Users who are viewing this thread