Shelby Emblem in my 01 Grill w/Pics

esoteric781

01 - 2 - 04
Established Member
After a while of being in need of a new cobra grill emblem, I decided to order up the 07 Shelby Cobra grill emblem, and with some slight modification to my old grill bracket, fixed it on up, and slapped on the shelby emblem. Huge difference in my opinion, put the old emblem next to the new one for the pictures, thing is dwarfed by the shelby cobra. I'm happy with it, what cha think...

shelbyemblem1bp1.jpg

shelbyemblemus8.jpg

shelbyemblem3uy9.jpg

shelbyemblem4dp0.jpg

UCBeau

i think it looks like shit. too big and gaudy for my taste. i like how the cobras are somewhat small and understated.

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
it looks alright.. i think the original snake looks better. That is oversized just like the Shelby.

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
a little big for me as well. but at least it's something new and provides another option for others who like it over the smaller emblem.

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
Actually, I think it looks pretty good because the original small size gets lost. The larger one somehow looks like it belongs there and divides the grill area up in balanced way.. Of course, somewhere in between would be perfect....but what else is new?? Do you have any front shots a bit further back... without the wide angle distortion??

I hate to say it man...2 thumbs down. I don't even like the smaller snake. There is such a thing as having TOO MANY Cobra indicators on these cars.

SVT GuY 281SC

Banned
SanDiego01Snake said:
i think it looks like shit. too big and gaudy for my taste. i like how the cobras are somewhat small and understated.
don't hold back now, tell us how you really feel! :-D

anothersvtguy

Turner of Wrenches
Established Member
Well

If YOU like it, thats what matters.

But...since you asked for opinions, I think its way too much. I like the smaller snake better, that one looks like you are trying too hard.

Orlandostang

Established Member
:thumbsup: I like it. Our cars need something big and bold up front. It does to the front what the huge COBRA letters do for the back.

esoteric781

01 - 2 - 04
Established Member
anothersvtguy said:
If YOU like it, thats what matters.

Exactly, just wanted to see what others thought, I love it either way, the oem cobra snake just looked so tiny and lost in there, the Shelby one fit so perfect, seems like it was made fit

REX-RACER

Testing w/ the live data!
Established Member
Oddly enough, I kinda like it and usually I don't go fot "bling". I'd like to see some farther back shots too though.

I think different body colors could makea difference too w/ something like that too. I think it would looks sick on a black Cobra!

slo-ryd

SCT Certified
Established Member
01YellowCobra23 said:
take some pics further back....like some full car shots

X2, it might look better when you see the whole picture.

I don't care for the huge side emblems on the new Shelby's either, they remind me of the big pie plate Cadillac logos that the Escalades used to have on the back.

Users who are viewing this thread