She arrives tomorrow! Woohoo!

svtpolice

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
Hey guys,

I have been a member since 2008 when I had my Blue Termi. I finally have the opportunity to own a GT500. Of course I asked you guys which was the year to try and go for between 07 and 12. I was able to afford this 2011. She has 16K on the clock and is bone stock. I am really excited about getting her. She is not my daily, so she will sit in the garage and get driven on nice weekends.
s-l1600.jpg

Anyway, just wanted to share.

Now to decide on what mods to do first....thermostat, tuner?

JB_2010GT500

Established Member
Beautiful car. Congrats. Mods... Depends on what you're looking to accomplish. Traction mods are usually a good first step.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unrealford

Established Member
Congratulations, if you feel compelled to mod, Shifter and smaller pulley are my 2 favorite mods (12)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

JB_2010GT500

Established Member
I think you can't go wrong with a stickier set of tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Black Cobra '99

Established Member
Congrats, post some more picks when she gets there ;)

As for mods, I'd recommend dealing with the GT500 weaknesses. Which are traction, heatsoak and shifting.
From there the sky is the limit.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Nice. Feel free to call me to discuss the pros/cons and how to avoid spending your dough on things that don't offer the best bang for the buck

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

SirShaun

Established Member
Good choice, and a beautiful car.

Heat Exchanger, CAI, Handheld Tuner, and Pulley combo will really wake it up for you. Any bigger mods in the future and you would only have to scrap the pulley.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
First mod - suspension
Second mod - cooling

If you do those two mods FIRST, you may find you don't need or want more power. Had I done that first, I might not have even bothered with power mods.

Oh, and nice looking car! It's nice to see a stock one. Brings back memories of when mine was stock.

Last edited:

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member

LOL Just being honest. If I had done everything else I've done to my car except the Whipple, I'd probably be happy with it still. When it was stock, it was putting 518HP to the ground. 518WHP in a car that now weighs somewhere between very high 3500 to low 3600 pounds wouldn't be too shabby.

edit:
To be clear, I'm still happy with my car now. Just saying I'd probably still be just as satisfied w/ stock power and less weight had I never experienced the Whipple.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread