Sharpie Art on Cars, interested to hear opinions...

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I've seen Trevor's car up close multiple times and it looks great. The pics don't do the car justice. Plus he's a nice guy.
Him being a nice guy has nothing to do with liking sharpie on his car. I don't like what people do to their cars based on whether or not they are "nice guys/gals". I either like it or not the owner has zero to do with it.

SVECobraR

Established Member
This is my buddies Turbo E36 M3, we are currently swapping a LS2 into it. All the artwork was done by one guy.

_DSC4669.jpg
download (1).jpg
download.jpg
download (2).jpg
images (1).jpg

03SVTscott

Established Member
Nice art work. I can respect the time, effort and artistic ability, but not on a mustang. Next step would be to throw some 20 inchers on there and donk it out.....

Slightly Motivated

Stormtrooper
Established Member
I've seen the mustang at local meets a couple of times and I agree that it looks much better in person. Not only does it look better overall but you really appreciate the fact that its hand done.

That m3 is awesome though! I really like the artist style

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member

Baaaaaarrrrrfff. That's hideous to me. Great talent, but like graffiti, i think its ugly. Just like I said, this kind of artwork just keeps spreading from hood, to roof, to fender, to entire car like when people keep adding tattoos to themself. Is that the owners decison? Absolutely. HOWEVER, the kind of people who get tattoos to prove a point about how people shouldn't judge them miss the concept that they cannot hold back the opinions of other people no matter how much they prove they have their rights to do whatever they want to themself [or their car]. As long as people understand that concept and don't get offended when people don't like the sharpie style it's all cool. Just remember that the bigger the WOW factor on being different, the faster the thrill burns out. It will turn from WOW to oh, the sharpie car. Seen that. Next?

Last edited:

BME

KING
Established Member
Sharpies car is pretty badass. Although it is not a real 03/04 cobra but does sport a Kenny Bell (I believe) His artisistc skills are really good. The car was done free handed and yes there is a coat of clear over the marker. Which was difficult to make work but in the end it turned out good. Baltimore/surrounding area is known for having many artistic talents. Just 1 happen to be a car enthusiast also. So he made his car a tablet. I give him credit for being different and has been asked by many to do the same to their cars instead of the usual ghost flames or tribal which can get boring at times.

Sharpie Mustang (the owner) didn't do it himself... He hired a guy named pin stripe chris to do it. This is the same guy who did the camaro which is why people tend to like both or neither

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
The first couple cars are different, I can appreciate the artwork that goes into that, but anything beyond the original concept is just tacky IMHO. The same reason why airbrushing has gone away, for every cool custom airbrush job I probably look at 500 awful ones. I hope this "fad" doesn't go anywhere and it keeps the original sharpie car different and "cool"

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
That BMW is a work of art - looks almost like a graphic novel. Not saying I would drive it, but I would love to see it in person.

Jinx.

Stig's Lazy Cousin
Established Member
I think it would look good for something like interior trim with a clear over it and the same for engine bay and trunk items. Exterior....not so much

Notsoslowbowtie

Established Member
Sharpie Mustang (the owner) didn't do it himself... He hired a guy named pin stripe chris to do it. This is the same guy who did the camaro which is why people tend to like both or neither

Gotcha! I always thought it was him that did it. Thanks for clarifying. I knows he's local to me and I follow him on Instagram.

TGR96

Established Member
I wouldn't do it to my car, but I think it's cool. Definitely takes some artistic talent, which I have none!

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
I would not do it to any of my vehicles. It is different and something not done very often which provides are rarity factor. I'd look at the detail and then move along to something that interests me more.

Users who are viewing this thread