Sharpie Art on Cars, interested to hear opinions...

Hurrycanestang

Established Member
So I've seen this before quite awhile ago, but I'm interested to hear what others opinions are. I could understand having too much, for example the whole car, might be overdone and tacky. But I think if it was tastefully done in the right places with the right design it might look pretty cool on certain mustangs, mostly OW cars. Please overlook the fact that the majority of these cars are gay, but imagine the stripes on say a white GT500, maybe rocker panels...

01-sharpie-ford-mustang.jpg

ford+fiesta+SHARP.jpg

86a502f3de09895fbf775fc39f72aa86199110ac.jpg

https://www.yahoo.com/diy/sharpie-c...da-miata-sharpie-car-photo-1413335001572.html

Hurrycanestang

Established Member
Yeah, I figured a lot of people might think its stupid, and I admit, if it is way overdone it is tacky and rice'ish. But I could imagine a few tasteful designs in certain places to make a car unique.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
can't imagine anything done with a sharpie anywhere on a vehicle as anything other than stupid.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
as an accent thing Im going to say Im sure it COULD be done in something I would like but I have yet to see one that I liked

SVTDom

cheetah on cocaine
Established Member
Not my cup of tea, maybe im missing something but wouldn't it wash off after time? or is there a clear they put over it?

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
There was a few threads on here years ago regarding this shit, so a few years ago means dated. I remember the one with the Lambo in particular. In other words, not a fan.

JBird_Cobra

Established Member
I've seen a few on the web that look really good; but they're few and far between. I'm not sure how you plan for something like that but for the few that are done right I think they look great.

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
Countless hours goes into it. Really is a work of art. You either love it or hate it.

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
Reminds me of a tattoo..you just keep adding more lol.
Maybe if you clear coat over it or something? Wouldn't it rub off or fade? I thought the cobra was ok when it was just the hood, now it's gone too far IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread