Sharing my excitement!

98WhiteSteed

Established Member
Just wanted to share my excitement with the SVTP community. My dad has finally decided to sell me his '65 Mustang Coupe. He knows my lung transplant is coming and wanted to do something special for my wife and I. Knowing we are extremely limited on funds, he is selling me his Honey Gold Original Cali car with 43k miles on the clock with a 289 and a C4 for $1000 (advance on my tax return). :banana::banana: I can't sleep I am so excited.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'd be excited as all heck, too! That is awesome. Congratulations. I, too, wish you the very best with your lung transplant.

98WhiteSteed

Established Member
Thank you both for the comments. I am confident my transplant and recovery will go well and when I come back home I will feel like a new man and be ready to start showing the '65 and enjoy the car show scene with my wife.

Pictures coming soon!!!

98WhiteSteed

Established Member
And here it is....
Bringingithome.jpg

98WhiteSteed

Established Member
Some tidbits on the car....original paint color but the car has been repainted. Options include 14" wire wheel covers, factory A/C, front buckets, visibility package (remote mirror), and power steering. Actual mileage is 43113. What do you all think? What would you do? My plan for the time being is keeping this thing as close to 100% original as possible.

megameGT500

Suck it up and drive on!!
Established Member
Congrats and GOOD LUCK w/ the operation. Praying everything goes great so you can enjoy that new ride of yours.

BradN01

Yes, it's factory paint
Established Member
I'm with you, keep it original. You've got a piece of history there. Post up some more pics!

98WhiteSteed

Established Member
How can I tell if the paint can be salvaged at all? The repaint was a cheap job almost 20 years ago. The paint feels a little rough, and it seems like there might be a layer of oxidation sitting on the paint. I am a rookie at anything that has to do with bodywork, so I am looking for recommendations. The car never sat outside in the last 35 years.

Low Class Yuppie

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Griot's Garage #2 Machine Polish by hand. Works well at removing oxidation and orange peel on single stage paint, and it dosen't remove much material. Still, work slow, and check your work often. Clean up with Speed Shine, then use Best of Show Wax and Spray Wax to give it a nice, deep shine. I like the Griot's stuff, it's expensive and it takes more effort, but as a result it's easy to use if you haven't detailed a car before and it's hard to mess up your finish.

Boomer182

Haveyoutriedhittingher?
Established Member
Congrats! please leave it original, I am so sick of hacked up pro touring cars.

98WhiteSteed

Established Member
I have decided to keep it original for sure. I got the glove box working again today and found original receipts of work from 1977. The interior is incredible. I will get you guys some pics this weekend. Thank you VanDerHorst for the recommendations on waxes and compounds. I really hope its just oxidation sitting on the paint. Where do I buy that stuff you mentioned?

Also, the only real rust on the car at all is the exhaust system. It came with single exhaust from the factory. In your opinion, should I just get a replacement factory system, or would going to a true dual setup be "ok"? Or would the dual exhaust already ruin my "original" theme. I ask this because I don't know how anal people are when they say "keep it original".

PudgeTheMidget

Established Member
I have decided to keep it original for sure. I got the glove box working again today and found original receipts of work from 1977. The interior is incredible. I will get you guys some pics this weekend. Thank you VanDerHorst for the recommendations on waxes and compounds. I really hope its just oxidation sitting on the paint. Where do I buy that stuff you mentioned?

Also, the only real rust on the car at all is the exhaust system. It came with single exhaust from the factory. In your opinion, should I just get a replacement factory system, or would going to a true dual setup be "ok"? Or would the dual exhaust already ruin my "original" theme. I ask this because I don't know how anal people are when they say "keep it original".

Do what you want, its YOUR car. If you want dual exhaust, make it happen! Don't do or not do something because if someone else. Lol

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread