SEVERELY re-worked 98 cobra intake

BajaBoy

Established Member
ill back you up and agree the color does have a very nice contrast in direct sunlight. (almost a super deep/bright sky blue) But wow i see a ton of over spary.. prep the car better next time and mask everything off. or possibly a new painter.

in the one picture it looks like your hood doesnt match at all.. just glare contrast?

BOSSisback82

Established Member
ill back you up and agree the color does have a very nice contrast in direct sunlight. (almost a super deep/bright sky blue) But wow i see a ton of over spary.. prep the car better next time and mask everything off. or possibly a new painter.

in the one picture it looks like your hood doesnt match at all.. just glare contrast?

yes there was some overspray but not on anything that isn't going to be covered up or replaced. and yes the hood is still being wet sanded it is not buffed like the rest of the car. just didn't have the time before we took it up to be assembled. and thanks for the compliment on the color. I'm really not trying to please anyone else but myself and I love it....but deep down inside we all like it when other people like our stuff too

BOSSisback82

Established Member
here's some pics of the motor before the heads went on, the brown stuff on the piston domes is the ceramic coating
20090113117.jpg
[/URL] [/IMG]
20090113114.jpg
[/URL] [/IMG]

TClark22

Established Member
i dont see a shade of blue in that paint, thats straight purple...

if you like it, whatever

BOSSisback82

Established Member
Thanks! That is one nice project Mustang and thus far it looks outstanding. Nice intake work by the way. :rockon:

thanks bro I can't wait to start her up and trust me I'll be putting some nice high quality videos of the first dyno when that happens. I'm flying home on the 30th so shortly thereafter is when you guys can expect to see vids.

BOSSisback82

Established Member
You should have made a short runner.

The gains are there and even more so after the blower.
But nice work.

Thanks man. yeah that's what everyone keeps telling me but it's already together now and you can always find something you could've done better :shrug: and I hate second guessing myself ha. But I'm happy with it and it's not like I paid someone to do it. I did it all myself. Maybe someday I'll take it back apart and make it a short runner.

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
The work on the intake looks great. Too bad you can't get a glass upper cover, it seems a shame to hide all that work.

Seems like you certainly ought to see 330-340hp out of it. The big thing I have seen in these 4-cam engines is correct timing on intake and exhaust, and equal between both banks, both banks relative to each other. Lots of places for error to creep in, but when you get it right, you can't beat these DOHC 4-valve engines. Setting it up is not that hard, but it can take a while.

These is some great advice in the SN95 forum on this very subject.

Jim Snover

BOSSisback82

Established Member
The work on the intake looks great. Too bad you can't get a glass upper cover, it seems a shame to hide all that work.

Seems like you certainly ought to see 330-340hp out of it. The big thing I have seen in these 4-cam engines is correct timing on intake and exhaust, and equal between both banks, both banks relative to each other. Lots of places for error to creep in, but when you get it right, you can't beat these DOHC 4-valve engines. Setting it up is not that hard, but it can take a while.

These is some great advice in the SN95 forum on this very subject.

Jim Snover

yeah I've read alot about it already and I've talked alot about it with my engine builder and he's very knowledgable about the subject and has built some killer 4 cammers. I actually read the sean hyland book "how to build max performance 4.6 liter ford engines" and that helped quite a bit. Yeah you cannot beat the exotic sound of a 4-cam motor. There is a special place in my heart for pushrod motors don't get me wrong but the 4 cams are in a league all their own.

BOSSisback82

Established Member
Just curious if any of you guys have built or know of a 4 cam motor with bigger valves and if so what benefit's in hp have you seen. ( btw I'm asking because my motor has 1mm bigger valves)

BOSSisback82

Established Member
guess I should've posted these pics first lol but better late then never. this is what the car looked like before we painted it....obviously. I'll try to dig up some pics of when I first got it and it was running
200903243.jpg
[/URL] [/IMG]
Had a fair amount of body work to do and deleting the rear wing is not a walk in the park either
200903244.jpg
[/URL] [/IMG]
Yes that's me sanding away...btw wet sanding outside on a 48 degree day is not what I would categorize as fun
200903245.jpg
[/URL] [/IMG]
200903246.jpg
[/URL] [/IMG]
200903248.jpg
[/URL] [/IMG]
200903249.jpg
[/URL] [/IMG]
2009032411.jpg
[/URL] [/IMG]

Users who are viewing this thread