SEVERELY re-worked 98 cobra intake

BOSSisback82

Established Member
1998 Mustang GT/Cobra Swap build thread***STAGE 3 CNC'D HEADS***

UPDATE!! MOTOR IS GOING BACK TOGETHER WITH CNC'D HEADS....PAGE 7!!

Hey guys I'm somewhat new to this site in that I've never posted a thread but I've been reading stuff on this site for a long time. Well here is my mustang story for those of you who are interested. I bought a 98 mustang gt with a 98 cobra drivetrain in it last year around the end of march. The car was stock aside from your usual bolt ons like long tube headers, flowmasters, short throw shifter, msd ignition coils and it was lowered. Two day's after I bought it the oil pump failed at 6,500 rpm and spun seven out of the eight rod bearings and also bent the forged steel crank 3 thousandths. :nonono: somehow. I made up my mind shortly thereafter to completely build the car from the ground up. So I began the journey last year and I am happy to say that I am about two and a half weeks away from starting her up for the first time and dyno tuning it. Here are some of the specs on the motor and a mod list.
MODS:
Aluminum 98 teksid block bored .020 over
manley flat-top forged pistons with valve relief cuts
pistons have teflon coated skirts and ceramic coated dome
manley forged h-beam rods
all bearings are teflon coated
Fox Lake Racing Stage 3 CNC ported b-heads
bronze valve guides
titanium retainers
beehive valve springs
three angle valve job
manley stainless steel valves 1mm bigger than stock
crower stage 2 supercharger cams
BBK long tube headers
custom ported and epoxied 98 intake (pics below) have between 300 to 400 hours in the intake:eek:
MMR 1/2" intake spacer
ported IMRC deletes
accufab single blade throttle body
jlt cai
lightning 90mm mass air
42lb injectors
MSD ignition coils
MSD 8.5mm super conductor plug wires
NGK TR6 spark plugs
billet fuel rails
vortech 255lph in tank pump
catless h-pipe with flowmaster mufflers 2 1/2 inch tips (this is the exhaust that came on the car. doesnt sound bad but not my choice. I'll be upgrading this soon)
BBK tubular weld in subframe connectors
ford racing aluminum driveshaft
spec stage 2+ clutch
inovators west 10% underdrive harmonic balancer
steeda underdrive pulleys
ford racing oil pump
sct xcal 3 tuner
UPR tubular k-member
UPR front coilovers with tokico struts
maximum motorsports steering shaft (modified and lengthened to fit flaming river rack)
Flaming River power steering rack
MMR double adjustable upper control arms
Stage 8 locking header bolts and ultra seal header gaskets
tuff stuff black powdercoated 200 amp alternator
Ford Racing 2004 cobra front(13") and rear(12") brakes
LDC head cooling mod
Stangsuspension.com caster camber plates 4 bolt
2001 Bullitt front sway bar
UPR Battery relocation kit
MMR rear end girdle
LED Smoked third brake light
2003 cobra billet pedals
Maximum motorsports weight jacker lower rear control arms
MGW short throw shifter
smoked headlights and fog lights
summit racing sport seats
all custom fitted stainless steel braided hoses for fuel with an aeromotive fuel pressure regulator
factory 3.27 gears for the time being
completely rebuilt borg warner t45 tranny

....and so on and so forth...that's the main stuff though. I'm hoping for somewhere around 330 to the wheels maybe 340. Think that's realistic guys? Please excuse the hood, it looks dull because me and my dad couldn't quite get the whole car sanded and buffed before we took it up to have the motor put in...and yes in case you were wondering it is a new paint job, taped the stripes myself :-D I'm keeping the stock gt wheels painted white for now but eventually I'm putting on 18" black chrome deep dish fr500s on it.....hope you guys like it...*(PICS BELOW)*...peace

Last edited:

BOSSisback82

Established Member
gal.php

BOSSisback82

Established Member
20090113319.jpg
[/URL] [/IMG]
20090217353.jpg
[/URL] [/IMG]
20090113316.jpg
[/URL]
[/IMG]
20090217228.jpg
[/URL] [/IMG]
20090217229.jpg
[/URL] [/IMG]
20090217239.jpg
[/URL] [/IMG]
20090217241.jpg
[/URL] [/IMG]
20090217244.jpg

200906059.jpg
[/URL] [/IMG]
2009060511d.jpg
[/URL] [/IMG]
dsc00091ede.jpg
[/URL] [/IMG]
dsc00113meo.jpg
[/URL] [/IMG]
dsc00110ehf.jpg
[/URL] [/IMG]
dsc00225u.jpg
[/URL] [/IMG]
dsc00226qaf.jpg
[/URL] [/IMG]
dsc00228j.jpg
[/URL] [/IMG]
dsc00237kmw.jpg
[/URL] [/IMG]
dsc00231n.jpg
[/URL] [/IMG]
dsc00238knb.jpg
[/URL] [/IMG]
200907161.jpg
[/URL] [/IMG]
200907162.jpg
[/URL] [/IMG]
200907163.jpg
[/URL] [/IMG]
200907164.jpg
[/URL] [/IMG]

Last edited:

BOSSisback82

Established Member
Well the color is called spectramaster blue, it's a dupont color and it changes color's in different lights. Sometimes it looks purple and others it looks blue..the motor is powdercoated and that's the closest they could get to matching my color. I wanted something different that you would never see on another mustang and I love this color but I understand it's not for everyone. that's why i picked it.

My94GT

Established Member
but you can clearly tell the powder coated colors dont come close to matching. sometimes close just isnt the right choice. you obviously have alot of time and effort in the car and while some may not favor the color its the small details that can help you pull it off.

Linkinlog

Established Member
but you can clearly tell the powder coated colors dont come close to matching. sometimes close just isnt the right choice. you obviously have alot of time and effort in the car and while some may not favor the color its the small details that can help you pull it off.

+1 I think everything done in flat or crinkle black would set it off. I actually like the exterior color but the engine bay looks goofy.

BOSSisback82

Established Member
yeah I thought about that and I somewhat agree. I may change that someday but for now I just want to get in on the road and cruise because it's been over a year in the making.....did any of you read my specs on the engine?......if so do you guys think 340 at the wheels is realistic?

Users who are viewing this thread