Seriously, What's Next!?

Nocturnal'14

'18 ROUSH RS2 #18-0103
Established Member
I'm looking for more power....NA.....I have the full suspension to put it to the ground!
Current power mods getting me to 412hp / 400tq:
VMP Tune
Accufab TB
Airaid CAI
Kooks Headers
High flow catted H
Kooks Axle Back

#1: I want to stay NA
#2: I don't want to lose low end (so stock IM it is)
#3: I'm keeping the high Flow Cats

My only other guess is to start freeing up power....IE 1pc Drive shaft.
So what's next, what have I missed?

rotarymagic

Established Member
aluminum housing 9inch with ceramic bearings, lightened and surface treated gear (REM, Micronite, etc) gear. A dogbox with lightweight, surface treated components. FTW E85 fuel. You're at the point where you're pretty much only going to increase power by drivetrain loss reductions and exotic fuel. The fuel will require losing the cats as I'm sure it will destroy them anyway. Serious weight reduction will make the car faster as well.

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
over axle pipes
RXT clutch with aluminum flywheel
driveshaft
e85 or ftw fuel
ported stock manifold
lighter front seats, rear seat delete, remove spare tire, tubular radiator support, ect

Being your car is geared towards handling, cats have to stay, and no loss of low end tq I cant really thing of too much more.

Last edited:

JTS_7

Established Member
My buddy barely lost barely any TQ with a CJ/REV Auto/Mono blade. We dynoed my car the same day right after his, mine having AED tune/e85/ORX

Nocturnal'14

'18 ROUSH RS2 #18-0103
Established Member
I guess if I add the Boss IM at the same time as 3.73s I wouldn't notice any low end loss correct?
I'm running the stock 3.31s now.....that along with E85, injectors and driveshaft I'm sure I'll be good to go.

Rct851

Established Member
I'm in the same boat. I think I'm going to go 1 piece drive shaft and either 3.55's or e85... I have 305/35/19 nt05r tires and can spin them in lower speed situations so Im not sure if 3.73s are too much

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
Aside from "more power," what is your goal? Lower et's, higher mph? If I was going to stay n/a, then CJ manifold + e85, 3.55's, aluminum driveshaft, k-member, and maybe some Corbeau CR1's, which would shave 100lbs combined and pick up 40hp+.

I'm basically at the same point n/a right now, full exhaust, cold air intake, tune. I want mo power, but leaning towards a TVS setup, just not sure I want to invest another 8-10k for a gen2 stg3 + fuel system + 3.31's + labor/tune.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
3.73s get a lot of hate for some reason. I adore mine and don't plan on going taller. The 3.73 and the MT82's close gearing absolutely compliment the coyote powerband making the car such a blast to drive.

I planned on staying NA too but understanding the want for more would never go away, I just bit it and bought a blower. Now... in 6 months when the want for more comes again, it wont be as expensive. LOL

When I wanted to stay NA my plan was:

-CJ intake, monoblade, CAI
-gears (which I had but you would want something deeper like a 3.73)
-e85 conversion and injectors
-tune
-OTA pipes
-light wheels/tires
-aluminum DS
-eventually a 150 shot

But for the same price as above I chose boost :)

Last edited:

clc44

Established Member
3.73s get a lot of hate for some reason. I adore mine and don't plan on going taller. The 3.73 and the MT82's close gearing absolutely compliment the coyote powerband making the car such a blast to drive.

I planned on staying NA too but understanding the want for more would never go away, I just bit it and bought a blower. Now... in 6 months when the want for more comes again, it wont be as expensive. LOL

When I wanted to stay NA my plan was:

-CJ intake, monoblade, CAI
-gears (which I had but you would want something deeper like a 3.73)
-e85 conversion and injectors
-tune
-OTA pipes
-light wheels/tires
-aluminum DS
-eventually a 150 shot

But for the same price as above I chose boost :)

You do what most don't, actually figure out what it would cost to go all out na. An easy 5k.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Trust me I love the raw hit of a powerful and properly tuned NA motor...nothing like it in the world.

But when talking HP per dollar you just cant beat boost.

Nocturnal'14

'18 ROUSH RS2 #18-0103
Established Member
Aside from "more power," what is your goal? Lower et's, higher mph? If I was going to stay n/a, then CJ manifold + e85, 3.55's, aluminum driveshaft, k-member, and maybe some Corbeau CR1's, which would shave 100lbs combined and pick up 40hp+.

I'm basically at the same point n/a right now, full exhaust, cold air intake, tune. I want mo power, but leaning towards a TVS setup, just not sure I want to invest another 8-10k for a gen2 stg3 + fuel system + 3.31's + labor/tune.

Im not a 1/4mi drag strip kinda guy....Id prefer street/Rd Course setup. Hence my handling mods.
I had a 2012 w/TVS & 3.73's.....NEVER had traction even before the TVS and I was NA the car would spin like crazy. My buddy with 3.31 NA would beat me all the time cause Id still be spinning at the light!

This is why I don't really want to go with different gears, but at the same time I drive my car as a daily and don't want to lose the low end tq with a BOSS IM. Thats why Im thinking doing them at the same time possibly!? that way at least I might not realize the low end loss as much.

Bullitt 3309

Established Member
I would go with the following for a max performance N/A setup:

Ported CJ Intake
CJ Monoblade
Rev Auto CAI
Comp Cams Stg 3
Billet Oil Pump Gears
Boss Valve Springs
E85

I did some of the above (see sig) and I will tell you I don't "miss" any of the low end torque from the stock manifold. At 4K rpms, all hell breaks lose until 8K. Pulls all the way to 8K with out issue. My only problem is the crappy factor clutch.

Kyle55

Established Member
Do it big. Get 12/5/1 forged pistons and rods, oil pump gears, ported heads, and boss Im. Ull gain more power low end and top end plus a very unique rare setup

Users who are viewing this thread