Seriously, What's Next!?

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
Sounds like you need to lighten the car as much as possible... Still remains reliable & can do road courses or drag strip duty.

Lighter rims, driveshaft, racing seats, no back seat, light weight battery, K member, radiater support, etc.
Plus you shouldn't be worried about low end torque with a stick, you can always grab a lower gear. You shouldn't really see less then 4000rpm while driving hard anyway.

A Boss mustang was made for road courses & look what intake it comes with!

PC03GT

Established Member
Save some more money and do H/C/I, the car will be a monster and you'll still be able to the power to the ground☺

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Once you see the cost of ported heads and cams you reconsider the blower option, trust me, that's exactly what happen to me.

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
Save some more money and do H/C/I, the car will be a monster and you'll still be able to the power to the ground☺

Why do people think it's so hard to hook up boost?? My TVS pulls the front tire on Nitto's!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 223

kingcobra323

Established Member
I wish I could do a roush blower . But just can't get away with buying one. My second child will be born with in 14 months. Not financially good for me. So I stick with small thing my wife wouldn't notice lol

Posted via Topify on Android

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
I can tell you for daily driving and if you roll race on the street. 3.31's and the CJ setup is phenomenal! I lost a little trq when I went from stock to the boss 302 intake the CJ intake brought that torque right back and made even more power than the boss. If you're wanting to stay NA CJ/SCJ Monoblade/CAI, e85,aluminum d/s, aluminum Flywheel. Your car is going to be a whole other animal. Don't listen to alot of the torque loss down low stigma it's frequently blown out of proportion.

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
I have 3.73s. I started with a catless x-pipe and a canned tune, but I felt I was running out of gear way too early with the 3.73s. The low end felt great, 7000 was just coming on way too quickly and the car was falling on its face.

Then, I added a ported Boss, Airaid CAI, and got an AED e-tune. Honestly, I never missed any torque if I actually did lose any. I have to modulate throttle to keep traction in first or second with track pack 255s, and after that, I never drop below 5500. I then switched to E85, which allowed for up to 4° more timing from 4000-5000. Now, the car feels like it has more power everywhere in every gear than it ever has.

If you're going to go with 3.73s, I think you'd love a ported CJ/SCJ setup. The bullet you have to hope to dodge is the MT82 and clutch allowing you to shift at 7800+. I've been lucky on that part.

If you go that route, you could capitalize on long tube headers (I think you had Kooks shorties, right?), Comp S3s, and ported heads. That's not the cheapest route for power, but if you want to stay NA, that's the way to go IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread