Seriously, how do you refrain...

Tom's_03SVT

Established Member
Just came back from the local movie theater, We saw a PG-13 movie and there were unsupervised kids everywhere. There appeared to be children as young as 9-10 there with their older (11-12 year old) siblings. running up and down the stairs, talking, throwing food, running between the seats, and kicking our seats. How do you keep from kicking the living crap out of other peoples kids?

Seriously, I wanted to punch some 15 year old punks in the face tonight...:nonono:

Last edited:

Njc0las

Detective John Spartan
Established Member
This is why I haven't gone to a theater in almost 10 years with the exception of the time I had to go with the GF's family. Luckily that one was in the middle of nowhere in the middle of the day.

Last edited:

Common

Established Member
I don't go to the pg13 movies if I can help it, and if I do, I go when they are in their 4th or 5th week so the theater is empty.

Tom's_03SVT

Established Member
I don't go to the pg13 movies if I can help it, and if I do, I go when they are in their 4th or 5th week so the theater is empty.

We usually do the same thing, this movie was released 3 weeks ago. I guess it's time to start streaming off Netflix :beer:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member

Even though this is GREAT advise, and I do just that, I would ask for the manager and demand they either control or kick out the turdlings, or give me a refund!:dw::nonono:

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
I dont go to movies that often.. But usually they have security guards that go through the theaters every few minutes that make sure people act accordingly.

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member
After what happened around here last year with kids and theatres I just stay away. That and parking is an absolute nightmare at the nice one down here.

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
One thing I do is go to the early showing on sat. I've done this for HP, LOTR, etc and there was maybe 10 people in there and they were all in their 40-50's.

Just came back from the local movie theater, We saw a PG-13 movie and there were unsupervised kids everywhere. There appeared to be children as young as 9-10 there with their older (11-12 year old) siblings. running up and down the stairs, talking, throwing food, running between the seats, and kicking our seats. How do you keep from kicking the living crap out of other peoples kids?

Seriously, I wanted to punch some 15 year old punks in the face tonight...:nonono:

Boy do I feel you OP. :lol: I will only do matinées now and its got to be a movie that I just can't wait to watch on DVD and I sit in locations in the theater where no one will sit, like way up close. Its frustrating to see so many people acting a fool, disturbing you while your trying to watch a movie that you paid $10 for. I long for the days when the ushers threw you out of the theater if you acted like a clown during the movie. Some of these young kids these days will test your nerves. But I can't really fault them. Everything produces after its own kind and I have no doubt that the parents are just like the kids. Its always the same story.

Last edited:

SSSNAKE03

WhippleCharged
Established Member
How do you keep from kicking the living crap out of other peoples kids?

Seems as though you have answered your own question. If you DIDN'T kick the shit out of them yourself, then you clearly know the answer of how to not kick the shit out of other people's children.

Your original question would make more sense if you were sitting in a jail after kicking the shit out of them asking 'how do I stop myself in the future'.

:beer:

Cobra2001X

Banned
lol I think the worst experience I had was when I went to see Fast and Furious. There was so many retarded kids and after the movie there was just a bunch of hondas and other crap trying to peel out of the parking lot.

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
How do you keep from kicking the living crap out of other peoples kids?

Seems as though you have answered your own question. If you DIDN'T kick the shit out of them yourself, then you clearly know the answer of how to not kick the shit out of other people's children.

Your original question would make more sense if you were sitting in a jail after kicking the shit out of them asking 'how do I stop myself in the future'.

:beer:

What you did not consider is the little dots at the end of the OP's rant. (...) He may be implying that there is more to the story that he left out. Possibly to avoid apprehension for the crime of (or lack thereof) beating the tar out of some punk kids, the OP then possibly took each and everyone of those kids home and slapped their parents for raising such heathens.

OP, care to elaborate on the ...'s? :lol1:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Only go opening nights/sneak preview showings.

This way the people there REALLY want to be there since it just opened.

Movies 2-3wks out people are just watching so theyre just not at home, or for tweens theyre using it as an excuse to get away from their parents.

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
One thing I do is go to the early showing on sat. I've done this for HP, LOTR, etc and there was maybe 10 people in there and they were all in their 40-50's.

Thats actually a really good idea.. Since most kids wont wake up before noon on weekends.

lol I think the worst experience I had was when I went to see Fast and Furious. There was so many retarded kids and after the movie there was just a bunch of hondas and other crap trying to peel out of the parking lot.

Yeah.. It was like that here too. :lol1:

Cops were having a field day outside the theater giving tickets to a bunh of idiots. I went with a friend and left my car at home that night (wouldnt have participated in their stupidity, but I'm sure I would have been harassed under those circumstances of just being there with my car). Idiot kids were doing burnouts in the parking lot and were pulled over outside the theater. Funny to watch I guess.

TripleBlack

FIFAchamp
Established Member
Where the hell do you people go watch movies at!?

It's never the way some of you guys describe it. I've even gone to see 'urban' movies (don't ask, lol) and it wasn't like this.

The only exception was about 8 years ago these two guys where about to get in a fight right before the movie started and there is always the fart can revving after a F&F movie.

FordMustangLove

Lame-o
Established Member
I drive 3 miles over to the really wealthy part of town to the new theater with no stupid (insert race here) and their little shits running around.

Cobra2001X

Banned
Yeah.. It was like that here too. :lol1:

Cops were having a field day outside the theater giving tickets to a bunh of idiots. I went with a friend and left my car at home that night (wouldnt have participated in their stupidity, but I'm sure I would have been harassed under those circumstances of just being there with my car). Idiot kids were doing burnouts in the parking lot and were pulled over outside the theater. Funny to watch I guess.

Yeah I was just chilling by my car and smoking a cigarette with a few friends while all the ricers were pulling out. On our way home, every once in a while we'd come across one of them on the side of the road getting a ticket. It was a hilarious thing to see :beer:

FL-Orange

Almost Native
Established Member
I don't go to theaters anymore but I will try a theater a little south of me.
Silverspot

A little pricier than a regular multiplex but with large leather seats, you can bring your drink from the restaurant in with you....better food, when you buy a ticket that is for a specific seat.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
There are two issue here. First and most important is parents allowing their young children to go to the theater under the supervision of 11-13 year old siblings. That is something I would absolutely never do as a parent. So shame on parents for allowing this by succumbing to pressure from their kids or wanting some "free time". Second, I blame the theaters for allowing young kids to be disruptive and distracting. People are there to watch a movie, not to listen to kids. 20 years ago theater employees would warn kids or even adults, and ask them to leave if they didn't comply. Now nobody wants to challenge their behavior for fear of being sued. I've been to the theater once in the past 10 years for these very reasons. I'd rather watch the movie in the quiet of my own home. They're out soon after being shown in theaters so waiting a couple of months isn't a biggie.

Users who are viewing this thread