Serious Situation with Tires [Pics]

wlg101190

Established Member
Went to just inspect the car today, and I took off my wheel to just look around. Forgive me for how dirty it is, plan on washing it tomorrow. Anyways, I noticed the inner side of the tire to be rubbing on something, and now the radial is showing. I got Bruce's bushing kit installed a while back after I purchased the tires, and I even got an alignment after installed. What could this be rubbing? Also, they are 275/40/17 Toyo TQ dr's mounted on the stock 9" wheels.

Edit: I know I need new tires asap anyways.

DSC_2397.gif

DSC_2398.gif

DSC_2399.gif

DSC_2400.gif

DSC_2401.gif

Last edited:

divided

Established Member
What makes you think they are rubbing something?

Looks like terrible alignment wear to me.

wlg101190

Established Member
Hm... I mean the other side has that problem too but not AS bad as that tire. I looked under it and noticed that it is not really close at all to the subframe bolt too... Hm.

divided

Established Member
Hm... I mean the other side has that problem too but not AS bad as that tire. I looked under it and noticed that it is not really close at all to the subframe bolt too... Hm.

If both sides have that wear pattern, its definetly alignment related. My fronts did the same thing as they wore down. Id get them replaced ASAP because if something catches on the weak spot they could blow.

divided

Established Member
Is there some way they could have mistook the alignment setting for a Mustang GT or something?

I have no idea. But something is definetly off. Your tires actually looked identical to mine and same condition when I replaced them. Still havent gotten an alignment though, but i'm putting in coupe springs soon so ill get it done then.

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
thats an alignment issue ...Lol
I would get new tires & have the car aligned asap !!!

wlg101190

Established Member
Definitely will do. I just got the alignment like 4 months ago, so do you think they will help me out? Or should I go to a different shop...?

Edit: Anyone have maybe the right specs for just cut springs or anything?

Last edited:

Jefe

Established Member
I popped a tire that looked like that. You were due for tires a while ago haha. Do you have the receipt showing t

Capture-16.jpg
he settings for the alignment?

wlg101190

Established Member
So for cars that are lowered...
Caster: 4.5+
Camber: -0.5
Toe in: 0.5

Right?

...Now to find a place that will do an alignment to my preferences.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Agreed on the alignment,get new tires before getting it aligned and make sure you tell them it has irs.

1BDSNK

Established Member
Agreed on the alignment,get new tires before getting it aligned and make sure you tell them it has irs.

^^^
This is good advice. You may have to tell them it has an IRS and you want a 4 wheel alignment. The shop may have thought it was like all the other Mustangs and just aligned the front.

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
you would have heard some pretty bad noises to have rubbing like that.,., alignment issue from me too :-D

waltd20012002

Established Member
I popped a tire that looked like that. You were due for tires a while ago haha. Do you have the receipt showing t

Capture-16.jpg
he settings for the alignment?

very good info... no one where i live has any experience with the IRS cars so this will be a major help... thanks for posting... sorry to hijack

wlg101190

Established Member
Also, I bought those tires right before August started. Could the alignment have caused them to wear so fast? I hardly did any burnouts, maybe 4 overall. Or is it just a heavy foot? :)

Jefe

Established Member
How many miles are we talking? Those tires look like they have 10k+ on them.

wlg101190

Established Member
I would say maybe 7k miles... :(

Also, Jefe, I am not familiar with exactly how an alignment works. So, by giving him the documented specs from earlier he should not have a problem adjusting to this? Thanks for all the help, buddy! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread