Sequence Number for color?

5.0stang95

Established Member
I wanted to know if anyone knew where to get information on what the production number of your car was of its color. Mine is DSG I know there was 851 coupes but thought it would be interesting to know I was number 200 or whatever of the 851. Anyone know if this information is available? I called svt they said they didn't have it. I tryed searching but it wasnt working.

John M

Blue Oval
Established Member
I don't know thats kind of getting down to the nitty gritty on detail, I wouldn't think they would keep that info maybe I'm wrong but good luck in your search

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
no, it is not broken down like that - unless you are the lucky owner of a mystichrome

pschwind

Established Member
Interesting question. My car is number 48. I heard it was the 2nd Zinc Yellow built but no way to prove that.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
Interesting question. My car is number 48. I heard it was the 2nd Zinc Yellow built but no way to prove that.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

oh there's a way to prove it, but it would entail a complete list of every zinc yellow terminator that was made. unfortunately that is something that only an insider at fomoco would be able to provide. or law enforcement, etc...

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
Someone published the list on here for 03 and 04 about ten years ago. It might be difficult to do a search for it. And unfortunately it was four computers ago for me so I can't find it.

I FOUND IT. Bob already did it and here is a link. Thanks Bob! :beer:

https://www.stangshiftergaskets.com/terminator_production_numbers.htm

The OP is asking about the specific sequence of his color, not just the total number produced.

In any case, for ease of access, there is a PDF of the production numbers chart from SVT here as well:

http://www.terminator-cobra.com/Production Numbers.pdf

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
I wonder if this is something Marti could answer....?

interesting!

according to their site,"we are the privileged licensee (contract #5012) to Ford Motor Company's entire production database for the 1967-2007 model years".

so that means they would be able to filter all 19k terminator vin numbers by color code.

i wonder if they would also have the svt build info that corresponds to each vin as well.

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
I wonder if this is something Marti could answer....?

All you have to do is look at a Marti Report to get your answer. From this page:

http://www.terminator-cobra.com/svt_documents.htm

Here's what they look like:

Marti%20Report%2003%20Cobra.jpg

5.0stang95

Established Member
So on the marti report it says your vehicle is one of 955 with this paint code.. Does it say somewhere that it was #232 or what ever number it might be with that paint code?? I know it is a number that doesn't matter but I was just curious if the information was out there.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
^joe wouldn't you agree though, that in order to determine the sequence number of a specific color (other than mystichrome) like the op is asking, that the only way to be able to tell would be to look at a list of vins/build dates of all 851 coupes (P48Y) with color code CX?

the deluxe marti report does not show that, unless i'm missing it

bigmoose

Established Member
It's really not possible except with the mystichrome. Even a list of complete vin numbers by color won't help since I believe they were not necessarily built in order by vin.

COBRA_ESQ

Established Member
In any case, for ease of access, there is a PDF of the production numbers chart from SVT here as well:

http://www.terminator-cobra.com/Production Numbers.pdf
Do you know where this pdf comes from? Years ago I posted 2003 convertible top/body/interior color combo info but it was second hand and unverified to this day. http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...ble-Color-Combo-Numbers&p=5120888#post5120888 Is the pdf an independent source or perhaps taken from my post?

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
^joe wouldn't you agree though, that in order to determine the sequence number of a specific color (other than mystichrome) like the op is asking, that the only way to be able to tell would be to look at a list of vins/build dates of all 851 coupes (P48Y) with color code CX?

the deluxe marti report does not show that, unless i'm missing it

I don't even think SVT kept that information. If they did, it's most likely long gone. I think I asked a friend of mine that used to work for John Colletti, and I recall him saying there was no way to find out any longer. The Marti Report is the best you will most likely get.

Do you know where this pdf comes from? Years ago I posted 2003 convertible top/body/interior color combo info but it was second hand and unverified to this day. http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...ble-Color-Combo-Numbers&p=5120888#post5120888 Is the pdf an independent source or perhaps taken from my post?

Got it right from my friend at SVT a while back. I was fortunate to edit the chapter in the latest IF,LF that had the charts, and we cross-referenced them from there as well. Frank had the same figures, but luckiily I caught some math errors, so my chart is pretty well up to date.

Users who are viewing this thread