Self defense

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
My daughter uses my channel. I don't want her seeing that I posted it.

You can send it to me via WeTransfer.com, and I can post it unlisted on my channel. Only people in this thread would ever see it.

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
My twins, aged 7, are in Taekwondo. We did it for discipline as well as self defense.

You can’t go wrong with any style you choose. Some are more effective than others in terms of street fighting but the principles are all the same.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Jujitsu or some form of it.

I've taken a couple classes in the past. What I truly appreciated the most wasn't the takedowns/striking/etc.

It's the discipline and confidence associated with it. That insight means a lot to me.

LS WUT

Established Member
@JPKII thats horrible to see brother. As a father I’m sure that must anger you to your core. I would never let that shit go down in front of me at all. I even got kicked out of one of my high schools for punching a bully down the stairs and broke his jaw. I have zero tolerance for shit like this. We live in such a digital age that it’s more about recording bad stuff than addressing it.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
My twins, aged 7, are in Taekwondo. We did it for discipline as well as self defense.

You can’t go wrong with any style you choose. Some are more effective than others in terms of street fighting but the principles are all the same.
My 11 year grandson is taking the same, and 100% agree on the discipline part Tony.

LS WUT

Established Member
I’m seeing more and more videos of kids being jumped on lately. I have a 10 year old son who is very soft hearted and I worry about him in today’s environment. What would be the best martial arts to put him in where he could learn to defend himself?
I’d say if it were me Boxing has been a great skill to learn for me. My brother and I were in boxing for about 5-6 years. It trained discipline, and many tactics to stay on your feet, be agile etc. It was not only something you could use in everyday life for exercise and practice but will also help you in the event of things like this. Boxing will also teach defensive tactics for blocking punches and such. I’d treat it as a weapon. You’ll hope he never has to use it, but if shit hits then fan you’ll be glad he has it versus not.

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
Kenpo Karate

I took the American version which is essentially street fighting

Martial arts are great for discipline, exercise, self confidence, and self defense.

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
My daughter is out of camera on that video. The girl getting beat is her friend. Both gave statements to the police. The girl who got beat, her mom, refused medical treatment. She had fricking blood vessels blown in her eye and swelling on her neck and back. We pleaded with the mother to take her to the ER. She refused. Unfortunately I suspect she feared to be questioned over her immigration status.

Nothing makes sense anymore.

Our school district is in top 10 for state.

The week after this occured, another beating took place. This time the 15 year old girl was taken to Juvenile detention where she spent a few days. When the cops arrived to break up the fight, she took a swing at the cops. That didn't end well for her. Same tribe...

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Here you go.

2 on 1. ****'ing POS cowards. And then all the other juvenile delinquents filming instead of trying to break it up.

Well, as mentioned before, hopefully, since this was filmed and you can clearly see the girls attacking the other girl, there is some form of sever punishment instituted here.

Too bad the mom has immigration issues. I would have taken my kid to the hospital and then used this video to sue the pants off both those girls parents for medical bills, pain, suffering, mental trauma, my lawyers fees and anything else I could think of.

Last edited:

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
Sorry to hear.

It definitely seems like it's girls fighting these days at school much more than boys. That's how it is out here anyway.
Even back when I was in Highschool over 20 years ago (graduated in '01) the girls were the ones that fought the most. Especially those bussed in from other parts of town.
In these situations, there are no rules. Boxing/MMA can help but ultimately, it's going to be ending the fight before others jump in as pack mentality kick in. If that means going for the eyes or other sensitive areas, so be it (especially for young women).

LS WUT

Established Member
2 on 1. ****'ing POS cowards. And then all the other juvenile delinquents filming instead of trying to break it up.

Well, as mentioned before, hopefully, since this was filmed and you can clearly see the girls attacking the other girl, there is some form of sever punishment instituted here.

Too bad the mom has immigration issues. I would have taken my kid to the hospital and then used this video to sue the pants off both those girls parents for medical bills, pain, suffering, mental trauma and anything else I could think of.
This 10000%.

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
Even back when I was in Highschool over 20 years ago (graduated in '01) the girls were the ones that fought the most. Especially those bussed in from other parts of town.
Theyre talking about starting that shit in our school district, equity and inclusion being the reason.

MG0h3

Established Member
In these situations, there are no rules. Boxing/MMA can help but ultimately, it's going to be ending the fight before others jump in as pack mentality kick in. If that means going for the eyes or other sensitive areas, so be it (especially for young women).

So Joe Biden WAS right when he said bussing would create a racial jungle!

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
@JPKII thats horrible to see brother. As a father I’m sure that must anger you to your core.

I'm not involved with this at all and I'm angry to the core and want retribution or some form of justice (same for that 15 on 1 incident too). Can only imagine how @JPKII is feeling. I can't stand bullies or this type of behavior.

Again ,this is why I can't be a cop or teacher. If I were there I would have garbed those 2 girls and threw them down the bleachers as I was breaking it up and getting them off the girl being attacked. Or I would have kicked the thinner girl off and put that fat POS in choke hold until she passed out.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
For the scenario that you are talking about, it is key that the little guy learns how to strike and move. You do not want him on the ground. Ground game will only be beneficial if its a 1v1.

I would suggest Muay Thai or almost as good Kick Boxing. Boxing is great too, but it really pays to have legs in a conflict, specially with multiple attackers.

Once he has a solid foundation of that, definitely throw in some Jujitsu.

You may also wanna invest in training him with OC Spray. Its a non lethal and can definitely save his butt in a bad situation.

LS WUT

Established Member
For the scenario that you are talking about, it is key that the little guy learns how to strike and move. You do not want him on the ground. Ground game will only be beneficial if its a 1v1.

I would suggest Muay Thai or almost as good Kick Boxing. Boxing is great too, but it really pays to have legs in a conflict, specially with multiple attackers.

Once he has a solid foundation of that, definitely throw in some Jujitsu.

You may also wanna invest in training him with OC Spray. Its a non lethal and can definitely save his butt in a bad situation.
That’s very true, I was gonna suggest kick boxing but I’m not to sure of many places at least in my neck of the woods that teach that kinda stuff until youre a little older.

Users who are viewing this thread