Seeking advice regarding x-plan pricing

venmos1

Established Member
hey SVTP. Looking to get a little advice from those with experience and or knowledge of the xplan pricing from ford. Ive been considering the idea of leasing a new ford truck. Leasing would work for me because i dont drive a lot (the mileage cap wouldnt be a factor) and am looking at a short time bridge until i am ready to buy the truck i want.

Having said that, the more i look around, the prices on the 2013 f150s are pretty decent. My father works at a ford dealership so i would have access to an xplan pin. From what ive read this brings me close to invoice. I would also assume there are some good rebates on the leftover ''13 with the '14s out.

Any advice or information would be greatly appreciated regarding these two scenarios. Looking for as much ammo as possible when i walk into the dealership. Thanks in advance.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
First you need to check to make sure that x-plan would indeed extend to you. Many times it's household family only. If you're not living under the same roof, it may not apply. Some dealers are going to be sticklers about proof, so be prepared for that.

X-plan when I used to have access to it was 1% under invoice. That may have changed however.

You should also know that dealers are not required to honor x-plan pricing. If they aren't having trouble selling the vehicles they have, they may be less inclined to provide x-plan pricing.

Be upfront about it. Before any negotiating or test driving occurs, make sure that the dealership knows what you're interested in and that you'd like to utilize x-plan if you qualify. That gives them the ability to tell you right off the bat whether or not they'd accept it. If they don't, you can always try another dealer.

venmos1

Established Member
A few months ago i went in to get a price on a lease for my wife (on a focus). I told them who my dad was (or really, great, that should give you a good savings) and proceeded with getting a price. They wanted about $350 for a bottom or close to bottom option focus. I just felt used and they were so slimey i walked out. Talked to my dad that night and he wasnt surprised. Said they really dont care if they sell a vehicle or not. Dont really want to walk into that dealership again but if the xplan is that great of savings, getting into an f150 would be worth it.

so to answer your question, as far as i knew i was approved for it. Although they did never mention it as xplan or anything like that. And really at the time i didnt know what the plan was exactly.

natedog_1959

Established Member
If you qualify for X-Plan pricing and have your pin #, they should show you the invoice paper that has the invoice price along with all of the plan prices (A, X, Z, etc). If they aren't willing to show you that paper, I would find another dealership. When they sell a car on X-Plan, Ford gives them a kickback of around $250. Not too bad for what should be a very easy sales transaction.

Nate

Drive XR7

NE Ohio's Fastest
Established Member
First you need to check to make sure that x-plan would indeed extend to you. Many times it's household family only. If you're not living under the same roof, it may not apply. Some dealers are going to be sticklers about proof, so be prepared for that.

X-plan when I used to have access to it was 1% under invoice. That may have changed however.

You should also know that dealers are not required to honor x-plan pricing. If they aren't having trouble selling the vehicles they have, they may be less inclined to provide x-plan pricing.

Be upfront about it. Before any negotiating or test driving occurs, make sure that the dealership knows what you're interested in and that you'd like to utilize x-plan if you qualify. That gives them the ability to tell you right off the bat whether or not they'd accept it. If they don't, you can always try another dealer.

X-plan is for friends of Ford employees. If you join SVTOA, you gain access to x-plan PINs from that organization. It's not too difficult to obtain a PIN and you don't need to live under the same roof.

A-plan is another story, and is only available for immediate family of the Ford employee. Ford checks, too, so employees aren't willing to risk giving out an A plan PIN for someone who isn't immediate family.

When we bought my '13 Edge Limited, I was able to negotiate a better price than X-plan on my own. I was about $500 over A plan pricing, which was under invoice and good enough of a discount for me. I also asked to see the invoice and they had no problem showing it to me, along with the according A, Z, X plan prices.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
A few months ago i went in to get a price on a lease for my wife (on a focus). I told them who my dad was (or really, great, that should give you a good savings) and proceeded with getting a price. They wanted about $350 for a bottom or close to bottom option focus. I just felt used and they were so slimey i walked out. Talked to my dad that night and he wasnt surprised. Said they really dont care if they sell a vehicle or not. Dont really want to walk into that dealership again but if the xplan is that great of savings, getting into an f150 would be worth it.

so to answer your question, as far as i knew i was approved for it. Although they did never mention it as xplan or anything like that. And really at the time i didnt know what the plan was exactly.

It doesn't sound like it. At any rate employees usually get D-Plan pricing which is further discounted.

If the dealership was poor to work with, I'd choose another. There's big incentives still on trucks and you should be able to negotiate down to near invoice without xplan and still get those incentives.

Buy at the end of the month. If a dealer hasn't made it quota to receive it's month end bonus from the manufacturer, they are more apt to deal.

Drive XR7

NE Ohio's Fastest
Established Member
One other point, go to Ford's website and request information about 3 vehicles you are interested in (which would include the F150). Have your wife do the same. In about a week or so, Ford will ship you promotional packets for the cars you selected and they may or may not include a $500 "private cash incentive." It's all random, but this incentive will show up in the dealer computer and they will remove it from the cost of the vehicle. It's a Ford incentive, not a dealer incentive, so they have no problem adding it.

We did this for our Edge, both of us received "private cash" and it was icing on the cake.

10fore

Established Member
With your father being a Ford Dealership employee, you would potentially qualify for D-Plan, and not X-Plan. Both of those plans are normally below invoice pricing though, with D-Plan offering a little more of a discount.

As far as the rebates goe, the 2013 models do have a significant amount of rebates at the moment, but when you lease you do not always get the exact same rebates as if you were to buy the vehicle.

If you happen to have a vin number of the truck you’re looking at, or tell me the specs that you want, I’ll pull the invoice and run the rebates for you and get a price at both X-Plan and D-Plan.

-Tyler

01turbowolf

ford tech
Established Member
if he works for a dealer definitely do d-plan, and if he already has a pin he can look up the price himself as well, and remember you get d-plan plus whatever incentives are going on at the time

Last edited:

10fore

Established Member
Most of the time those rebates cannot be combined with X or D Plans.

One other point, go to Ford's website and request information about 3 vehicles you are interested in (which would include the F150). Have your wife do the same. In about a week or so, Ford will ship you promotional packets for the cars you selected and they may or may not include a $500 "private cash incentive." It's all random, but this incentive will show up in the dealer computer and they will remove it from the cost of the vehicle. It's a Ford incentive, not a dealer incentive, so they have no problem adding it.

We did this for our Edge, both of us received "private cash" and it was icing on the cake.

2001GTTT

Yellow is faster
Established Member
I dont understand what you are asking for. X-plan is X-plan, a dealer cannot negotiate off of that price. And yes there are rebates on ford trucks, you are entitled to them no matter what. (depending on what they are; active duty military, college grad, etc)

BTW it says on the invoice of the vehicle exactly what the X-plan or D-plan or whatever plan price is, so it would be that price minus whatever rebates you get. As long as you have the xplan or dplan pin (whichever you choose) you can use them at any dealer.

You are in maine so it should be considered the same region as my store (I think) by ford, so most rebates should stay the same, if there is anything I can do to help you let me know.

Last edited:

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member

dont tell the stealership shit. wait till they are watering at the mouth and then slap down your x plan pin. mustang club of america cost 50 bucks to join and you get 1 x plan pin.

B-O-B'03

Established Member
YMMV, but I found through research on some F150 forums you can do better than X plan.

I am eligible for X plan through work, got my pin, surfed the ford.com web site, browsed local dealers inventory, picked a few trucks the wife liked, from a few dealers in the area, went to the dealership that had the actual truck we wanted, had all the paper work - internet adds from the competition, negotiated a better than X plan price and drove home with a new 2013 Platinum edition F150.

$42,454 out the door, including TT&L, for a 52K MSRP truck... it is loaded and the wife loves it

-Brian

01GTB

Established Member
You can do better than x plan in certain areas of the country for sure. But if x is your best option, most rebates are compatible with it. The exceptions are private offers like AQHA.

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
If you own Ford stocks, you can get x-plan easily. PM me and I can fax you or email you the form. With x-plan you get rebates on top of x-plan. Mention x-plan at the end of the negotiation. You may or may not get a better deal with x-plan.

Torchy

Established Member
PMed you OP, internet manager here and I can blow out Xplan. If anyone else is interested PM me.

venmos1

Established Member
Torchy-replied to your pm

Holy wealth of information and knowledge on here. Thats why i love this site. So many helpful people. Greatly appreciate it.

I knew i was eligible for xplan but thought that i was ineligible for dplan due to not living with the employee (thought you had to be under same roof). I do not live with my father, who works at the local Ford Dealer). And i do know that there are some differences in the rebates and discounts going from purchase vs lease. And i do know that i should be shown the exact xplan listed price, not just a number written down on a paper.

Im still stuck on whether to lease or buy. I am trying to keep my payment as low as possible and envision a time of 2-3 years til when i can buy the exact truck i want. Dont get me wrong, the F150 is a great truck, but not what i am looking for long term. So a lease would be practical. Having said that, if i have a huge opportunity between rebates and x/d plan to get a good price on a great truck that holds its value, it may be better to buy.

Here is an example of a semi local dealer pricing or a lease:

2013 4wd F150 Super Crew XLT with Ecoboost (would go with 5.0 as well). $0 down, 12000 miles (I would be able to do 10,000) cloth interior.

24mos--> $432 36mos--> $407

Not too bad, so i know that with the x/d plan i should expect better than that. Again, thanks for all the great info. Any further tips, details, suggestions greatly welcomed!

venmos1

Established Member
Should have mentioned: so im not tied to that dealer to get the x/d plan pricing? I should have my dad get the pin for me and then i can use it at all dealers? If so thats great.

Users who are viewing this thread