Seeking advice regarding x-plan pricing

Chug33

Established Member
I'm omw now to a local ford dealer to buy a 14 lariat f-250, similar optioned trucks are 3-4-5k less 100 miles away, which I will go if they wont haggle with me. I have all the window stickers and paperwork for each truck I'm interested in, hopefully they'll match or come lower.

venmos1

Established Member
One other point, go to Ford's website and request information about 3 vehicles you are interested in (which would include the F150). Have your wife do the same. In about a week or so, Ford will ship you promotional packets for the cars you selected and they may or may not include a $500 "private cash incentive." It's all random, but this incentive will show up in the dealer computer and they will remove it from the cost of the vehicle. It's a Ford incentive, not a dealer incentive, so they have no problem adding it.

We did this for our Edge, both of us received "private cash" and it was icing on the cake.

excellent tip. Thank you:beer:

2001GTTT

Yellow is faster
Established Member
I wish I could be your guys car dealer. So many people on here complaining about how dealers play games, etc. We dont do that here. If you were my customer I would want you to tell me X-plan up front, cause that saves us both some time, and honestly like others have stated I am usually able to beat X-plan anyway. Pm me with questions, I'll help in any way I can. My way of doing it is I actually ask the customer where they would like to be and then I take swings at my boss to see if I can do it. Saves time, and most of my customers love doing it that way, no one likes to wait while I run back and forth to the boss 100 times.

I would love to let someone use one of my D-plan pins from ford, not sure if I am allowed to do so or not, I know I can let family use them but not sure about random people.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread