Seafoam...confused?

cohhbra

Established Member
So I've searched about using seafoam in my 03 cobra and I see people talking about sucking it through the intake and putting it in the oil but all I want to do is put it in my gas tank and just let it clean that way, no way I'm putting it in my oil. From what I read that seems to be fine for our cars to just put it in the gas tank but just wanted to be 100% sure. Also, while I'm running through the gas that has the seafoam in it should I not go to hard on my car?

Bad03Vert

Hello 5.0
Established Member
You can use the seafoam (3) ways; (1) in the oil, (2) in the gas, or (3) sucking it into the engine via vacuum line. If you're just adding it to the fuel it's probably going to have the same benefits as pretty much any other fuel additive out there. I don't see any reason why you would have to drive the car any differently.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
What are you trying to clean?

Specifically?

If you want to clean the oil off the intercooler under the blower, it's going to have to go in via vacuum line up by the throttle body.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
put it in the gas tank and if your motor has a lot of miles through the PCV, don't mix it with your oil, I avoid that step BUT if you do add it to the crankcase Don't drive on that oil for more than 50 miles..

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member

Specifically?

If you want to clean the oil off the intercooler under the blower, it's going to have to go in via vacuum line up by the throttle body.

Will the Seafoam actually clean the intercooler?

Specifically?

Thanks for the info Jimmy. I've been sucking it through the wrong line then. Do you have a pic of the exact line?

SpectorV

Established Member
ive heard its bad for supercharged cars~ any truth to this? and anyone have a pic of which vacuum line they use?

gforacing1408

Established Member
do not use it through your throttle body or through any orifice it will contact the supercharger rotors. the rotors are coated and the "sea foam, MOC, or BG" products will wear the coating off causing incorrect tolerances and excessive noise and low boost. We had customers having these services done by non rover dealers on supercharged rovers and the blowers were useless after.

Users who are viewing this thread