Sct tuning

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
If anyone has any Diablosport chips (black ones) they aren't using, please shoot my brother a text at the shop and he will buy them. Jonny @ Finish Line Denver 720-201-1834

HPLouis

Established Member
So I’m in the process of tuning my car that has gen2 vmp, return fuel system, 1050x injectors, egr deleted and catless x pipe, but with the sct lawsuit with the epa the tuner I’m using is saying he can’t adjust fuel, maf,and spark tables so what should I do to get the car tuned now.

If your tuner did not follow SCT's instructions (i.e. take the emissions classes or fill out the questionaire), then they will lock down their Advantage software.

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
Here is what was sent to all tuning shops and Pro Racer users.

Dear Advantage Licensees,

As per the notification email that was sent out on December 7, the process to implement the new tiered access to our Advantage Software has begun. On Friday, December 14, invitations began to go out to our Customer Verification Process (CVP).

If you have not received your invitation, please verify that it did not go to your junk/spam folder and then email us at [email protected]. Our team will assist you to ensure that you receive the invitation.

We are currently reviewing the responses that we are receiving from the CVP and will email additional training as necessary when it becomes available.

The tiered access for our Advantage Tuning Software is set to become effective January 2, 2019. Please take the time to complete the required steps in this process prior to the January 2 deadline.

Any questions, please respond to [email protected]

As a reminder, here are the steps that were outlined in our earlier communication.

There are two steps you will have to take in order to continue to access Advantage software after January 2nd:

1. Verification. In the coming days, you will receive an email inviting you to fill out a 5 minute survey through our Learning Management System. Click the link in the email to complete the questions.

2. Training. Following your verification, we will send you an email to complete the Customer Training Program. This 30 minute self-directed training involves reading a presentation and taking a short quiz to confirm your knowledge of the covered topics. You will need to score 100%, but you may take the quiz as many times as necessary.

If you complete the Customer Verification and Training Programs before January 2nd, you will continue your access to Advantage without issue. Based on your responses, the only change you may experience after that date will be the level of parameters you will be permitted to access.

We will be limiting parameter access after January 2nd in accordance with our consent decree.

• Tier 1 – "Professional"
    Parameters such as Tire Size, Axle Ratio, Shift Patterns, and other Transmission Controls. Those that have no effect on emissions.

• Tier 2 – "Calibrator"
    Fueling, Timing and other Engine Controls which, upon review, have a legitimate use when calibrating a street vehicle but may have an effect on emissions.

• Tier 3 – "Research and Development" (R&D)
    Parameters which directly affect emissions/diagnostics controls and do not have a legitimate use when calibrating a street vehicle.

• Note: This will not affect any user defined parameters or value files.
We are always available to answer any questions. Please contact our Customer Success Team at any time. In the meantime, below are answers to FAQs you may have:

Q: How does this affect my Advantage software?

A: Advantage software does not change. In accordance to our Consent Decree with EPA, we have to limit access to certain parameters and determine that access for each dealer based on their expressed required use of Advantage.

Q: What will be done with my personal information?

A: By completing the Customer Verification and Training Programs, you qualify to have your information kept private. We will not release your personal information to EPA. We will only use your personal information as an internal record of your completion of the programs and to ensure you are given the correct level of access to Advantage parameters.

Q: When does this information need to be submitted by?

A: You must finish the Customer Verification and Training Programs by January 2, 2019 to see the least impact on your current Advantage Support.

Derive Systems is committed to providing the best custom tuning software to our dealers while we work in accordance with our Consent Decree. We look forward to your continued business.

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
If the tuning shop didn't take the survey and required class before Jan 2nd, their access to changing anything in SCT Advantage III has been reduced to changing gear ratio, fans, and one or two other things. It has essentially rendered them out of the tuning business using SCT products.

If you have pro racer and it still works and haven't done the survey and class, as soon as you update your Advantage III software, it will no longer work as it did. I'd recommend keeping your laptop off the old interwebs.

01yellercobra

Established Member
If the tuning shop didn't take the survey and required class before Jan 2nd, their access to changing anything in SCT Advantage III has been reduced to changing gear ratio, fans, and one or two other things. It has essentially rendered them out of the tuning business using SCT products.

If you have pro racer and it still works and haven't done the survey and class, as soon as you update your Advantage III software, it will no longer work as it did. I'd recommend keeping your laptop off the old interwebs.

I wonder if they're going to force people's hands with the updates. I've noticed my burn count seems to be moving a lot faster than it used to. But I managed to do the classes as soon as I got the emails.

Denver_SVT

Established Member
I received an email by them in end of December 2018 with no link for survey and classes. What should i do right now while my advantage software working fine as usual. Should i email them or just ignore??

Sent from my HUAWEI matte 20 pro

Goindeafonmtx

Established Member
?? It looks to be trickling down to all the independent tuning shops using SCT software hence to reason for this thread...

They went after Derive, a large company. SCT/Derive made software widely available that could break the law. Period. Derive is a large company. I haven’t seen any cases against any individuals. The guy I originally quoted made a misleading statement portraying as if EPA was going after individuals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

01yellercobra

Established Member
I received an email by them in end of December 2018 with no link for survey and classes. What should i do right now while my advantage software working fine as usual. Should i email them or just ignore??

Sent from my HUAWEI matte 20 pro
Check your spam folder. I'm pretty sure all of the emails would have gone out since the deadline was January 2nd.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
They went after Derive, a large company. SCT/Derive made software widely available that could break the law. Period. Derive is a large company. I haven’t seen any cases against any individuals. The guy I originally quoted made a misleading statement portraying as if EPA was going after individuals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I heard of 2 proprietors that got fined. These were not civil judicial actions that are considered formal lawsuits such as the derive case.....these were civil admin orders WITH penalty in California.

Nicssvt

Established Member
We can still buy catless pipes and all but can’t tune for them when is the epa going to crack down on those and now California with their exhaust restrictions the days of modding cars is coming to an end welcome to 2019.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Son of a biscuit eating bulldog, I have my tune appointment next Monday, I am not even going to mention this and they use SCT only.
If they did their due diligence you should be ok. I opened up a tune file today and was able to access everything I had access to previously.

cj428mach

Established Member
We can still buy catless pipes and all but can’t tune for them when is the epa going to crack down on those and now California with their exhaust restrictions the days of modding cars is coming to an end welcome to 2019.

If you vote Democrat and are complaining in this thread, then this is the policy you re voting for.

HPLouis

Established Member

You can still tune for those. I opened my tune file last night and I can still turn off rear O2's, mess with EVAP settings and turn off emissions related switches. I can adjust fuel trims and make the car run pig rich, etc. and I have the most up to date software. It can still be done, it'll depend if your tuner wants to take that risk. I would imagine if your tuner knows you, he'll hook you up, but if not, you might have a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread