Sct tuning

Nicssvt

Established Member
So I’m in the process of tuning my car that has gen2 vmp, return fuel system, 1050x injectors, egr deleted and catless x pipe, but with the sct lawsuit with the epa the tuner I’m using is saying he can’t adjust fuel, maf,and spark tables so what should I do to get the car tuned now.

Denver_SVT

Established Member
I've been reading an article about The Environmental Protection Agency EPA and Department of Justice to put all tunning companies on notice which is sucks because EPA complaining about company tuners that allowed owners to access and overwrite the vehicles stock software, which could be used to defeat emissions controls such as diesel particulate filters, exhaust gas recirculation, catalytic converters, fuel and other systems.

Sent from my HUAWEI matte 20 pro

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
Find a new tuner. If you cannot adjust any of what you mentioned, you really can't tune the car.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

01yellercobra

Established Member
I'd say your tuner isn't very smart. I have the SCT software and I can still access those tables just fine.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Is this delusional Pea Brain behind this crap too? EPA come on that entity is a Joke!

2eo1wo.jpg

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
Who would you recommend for a tune
Noticing that you are in Hawaii, I'm not sure who is on the islands that will tune. My normal answer would be to seek out a performance / race shop.

Nicssvt

Established Member
Noticing that you are in Hawaii, I'm not sure who is on the islands that will tune. My normal answer would be to seek out a performance / race shop.

No one that is good with mod motors was trying to remote tune with a well known tuner

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
The EPA has put the squeeze on SCT and SCT is requiring shops to sign these lengthy legal agreements. A lot of shops are going to be abandoning using SCT software to tune your car.

HPLouis

Established Member
I'd say your tuner isn't very smart. I have the SCT software and I can still access those tables just fine.

Same here. I have the SCT software (and the newest update from Jan 2, 2019) and I can still access everything. I can even turn off the rear O2 sensors, like I've always been able to.

96gt02

Established Member
As others have said your tuner is joke if he cant adjust any of those options and you need to find a new one asap, nearly nothing has changed from this "EPA crackdown" for 90% of tuners.

D-MANN

Established Member
First im hearing of this. Wonder how it effects tuners in Canada if at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
This is flat out ridiculous what these feds are doing to our hobby.....and I'm sure this is just the tip of the iceberg. SCT today.....more large companies are in the cross hairs tomorrow. Absolutely small time people are being targeted with fines. Times are changing at a shocking rate. And for what? These hot rod cars aren't even a blip on the smog contributor most wanted list. RIP to our great hobby - 2019

Goindeafonmtx

Established Member
This is flat out ridiculous what these feds are doing to our hobby.....and I'm sure this is just the tip of the iceberg. SCT today.....more large companies are in the cross hairs tomorrow. Absolutely small time people are being targeted with fines. Times are changing at a shocking rate. And for what? These hot rod cars aren't even a blip on the smog contributor most wanted list. RIP to our great hobby - 2019

Where are small time people being targeted? All I’ve seen is large companies like Derive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread