Scotch

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
In all seriousness though. I've been drinking Glenlivet for years and always have my shelf stocked with some, among others like Glenmorangie and cheap Johnnie Walker.

I've been turned onto bourbon though over the past couple years and been drinking more of that, just for less of a smokier taste. I've got a few bottles of Blantons stockpiled, Woodford reserve, Buffalo trace, Hudson baby bourbon, Old Pogue, etc.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
Mustang enthusiast that insist on sipping Scotch is kinda like a meth head that refuses to light up without their smoking jacket
You sir are on SVTP. Everything here is a cut above. We have the finest of everything. You should know we don't skimp on things of such pathetic ilk.

Sent from my SM-G930V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
Scotch is my go to drink these days. While I love a good single malt, I actually prefer the blended scotch's.

You say you tried JW Blue as a shot? Like tip it back and guzzle it down kind of shot? Yeah... not the recommended method for scotch consumption. Scotch should be enjoyed straight up, or cut with just a small amount of water. I personally like mine poured over a couple ice cubes and then I let the ice melt just a bit to open up the bouquet. Scotch is meant to be sipped and savored, not guzzled from a shot glass.

If I were to recommend a scotch to someone just starting out I would recommend JW Gold. Put it in the freezer and once it's ice cold pour a shot in a rocks glass and sip it. I also like Monkey Shoulder. Stay away from Laphroaig! That shit tastes like you're eating peat moss directly from a bog!!!!!

If I really want to splurge I drink Macallan.

U.M.

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
I assume you meant Lagavulin is tasty, but it's one of the peatiest scotches out there.

Yeah, spelling has always been my bane.

Yes, it is peachy. But it is really good IMO.

For the money, GL 12 is really good.

I forgot the mention of "Glenmorangie" (I had to look up the spelling). The 12 is worth a taste. (I have a bottle of 15 unopened).

E

I have been having a love affair with Bookers of late. You talk about a go to bourbon! yee-ha it gets the job done!

MFE

Established Member
Not peachy. PEATY. Smoky. You said you didn't like the smoky ones but you like Lag, and I'm having a hard time reconciling

bigmoose

Established Member
My current bottle is Glenmorangie Sherry cask finished. Pretty damn good for $42.

One of my other favorites is Balvenie Caribbean Cask.

I found both of these by going to a whiskey bar and trying different flights of scotch. I won't buy a full bottle unless I've tasted it before.

Blown 89

Established Member
I find Glen Livet's younger single malts to be more agreeable to my palate than their 18 year old.
Agreed. I have both the 12, 18, and 21. I prefer them in that order.

I'd suggest y'all stay away from anything less than 18 years old...just sayin'.
Why? A lot of distilleries mature the ages in different style casks that impart different flavor profiles. They aren't always just leaving the same ones in for 6 years longer. That is the case with Glenlivet, hence the different flavors.

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
Why? A lot of distilleries mature the ages in different style casks that impart different flavor profiles. They aren't always just leaving the same ones in for 6 years longer. That is the case with Glenlivet, hence the different flavors.
:D

cbj5259

Established Member
I switched to single malt scotch from beer a little over a year ago...haven't looked back. No more next morning beer shits made it completely worth it. Can't go wrong with Glenlivet 12.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread