Scared to buy a nitrous kit??

chadder1313

Established Member
Why does a nitrous kit with a 6 speed car scare me? What happens if I miss a shift, because no ones perfect, and WOT rev it? Will it hurt it? That's really the only concern I got. Plan to buy the NX plate kit if I can get a better understanding on this.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
The little switch on the door of cars to put the window up and down. Jk

Is an rpm window switch it can open or close at whatever rpm you set it to. In a nitrous setup you can set it to open at anything over 6800rpm for example. So it didn't spray all the way thru redline

Last edited:

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
You set the nitrous to engage between a certain rpm like 3k-6,500.

Tuffnuts23

Established Member
I have a MSD digital window switch. A little large, but it works. Just curious, are going to install it yourself or have a shop do it?

chadder1313

Established Member
Im gonna do it myself and it will be my first nitrous kit ive done. The JMS kit is out of my price range or I definitely would of considered it.

KidMoney

Established Member
Im gonna do it myself and it will be my first nitrous kit ive done. The JMS kit is out of my price range or I definitely would of considered it.

It really won't be any more money when you add in a window switch and a tune. It comes with a progressive controller as well.

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
Because these car's are drive-by wire, the switch that comes with them is based off your voltage/TPS sensor. So when you let off, you are not completing the circuit thus cutting the spray

The window switch will also work because you set the RPM range you want it to spray only. It is very safe.

We stock and always offer good deals on the Coyote plate systems too.

D.T.R

Established Member

Redundancy. All this stuff has been covered 700 times.
Plus IMO there are way too many threads about people not making their minds.
"to lower or not to lower"
"to get mid pipe or not to get mid pipe"
"to get paxton or to go procharger/PD"

Seems like there is a $hit ton of threads where people just want you to tell them how to mod their cars.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
Redundancy. All this stuff has been covered 700 times.
Plus IMO there are way too many threads about people not making their minds.
"to lower or not to lower"
"to get mid pipe or not to get mid pipe"
"to get paxton or to go procharger/PD"

Seems like there is a $hit ton of threads where people just want you to tell them how to mod their cars.

Is not as bad as the I want 1000rwhp out of my dd what mods should I get kind of threads.:bored:

1bad03snake