redfire
Established Member
scam alert
Thread: scam alert
Tags: None

Mboyle1 said:
Today 07:14 PM
scam alert
This guy is on here & almost got me. goes by the name of Christopher Edward. Phone numbers he uses are 8016698757 & 8016097570. The MO is.... 1- when you post an ad he will ask"will you take a cc?"2- if you say yes he will say"take the add down ASAP Im local & will send the check &arrange for pick up after check clears" 3- the waiting game starts(I sold idem to some one else at this time) 4- sends a check 4 weeks later for 1000.00 more than asking price "thats shipping chargers included" guess he wants that back some how.. the check was from "Japan Society,Inc." where he is not employed 5- harasses you about the money he sent you 6- will never pick up phone only text. 7- he has my name/address/phone#....cant do much with that but don't let this guy get over on you!!
This is my experience at Racing Junk just be aware & alert of scams guy's!

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

T3RMINATOR

Established Member
scam alert
Thread: scam alert
Tags: None

Mboyle1 said:
Today 07:14 PM
scam alert
This guy is on here & almost got me. goes by the name of Christopher Edward. Phone numbers he uses are 8016698757 & 8016097570. The MO is.... 1- when you post an ad he will ask"will you take a cc?"2- if you say yes he will say"take the add down ASAP Im local & will send the check &arrange for pick up after check clears" 3- the waiting game starts(I sold idem to some one else at this time) 4- sends a check 4 weeks later for 1000.00 more than asking price "thats shipping chargers included" guess he wants that back some how.. the check was from "Japan Society,Inc." where he is not employed 5- harasses you about the money he sent you 6- will never pick up phone only text. 7- he has my name/address/phone#....cant do much with that but don't let this guy get over on you!!
This is my experience at Racing Junk just be aware & alert of scams guy's!

Thanks for keeping us in the loop! Best of luck man

MBoyle1

redfire
Established Member
Yea, he's not a member just gets your cell from ad promise to buy & request name,address to send check ...it continues! I'm pissed off & want to let you guys know about it

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

MBoyle1

redfire
Established Member
LOL I did not "fall for it" but yes gave name and address for pick up to him,but sold to first cash buyer!?! Hay you guy want to see Redfire 680hp crash a PCA auto cross ??

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Yea, he's not a member just gets your cell from ad promise to buy & request name,address to send check ...it continues! I'm pissed off & want to let you guys know about it

Do you have a email?

Four Door SVT

Established Member
I've got that offers off Craig's list just recently just like that, with out seeing the car pay more than I'm asking says the extra is to pay the shipping company when they come.
I said no thanks

1wild-horse

Purveyor of missed information
Established Member
Prick scam artists. Hate that shit. Glad they are easy to spot though.
Would like to turn the tables on some unsuspecting jerkoff just once, once.

Four Door SVT

Established Member
48710c82c64a44b15a6c1c6847affcf0.jpg

Here's one

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Honestly, anyone that falls for that kind of stupid shit is almost as much to blame as the scammer.

Unless you've been living under a rock for 10 years, that is.

Users who are viewing this thread