SBY Boss with RTR Tech 7's and Corsa Extreme

Skrapmetal

Established Member
Had my Boss for a couple of weeks now, first few mods are wheels/tires and an axleback.

RTR tech 7's, 19x9.5 on all four corners with 285/35 rubber

RTR%20Glamour%20Shot_zps2rhjnkqi.gif

RTR%20Glamour%20Shot%203_zpspbagrrfv.gif

RTR%20Glamour%20Shot%202_zpsbjam47wp.gif

And a quick rev video someone requested elsewhere. Not bad for still wearing stock cats/resonators.

[video=youtube;crZDhOoSRKE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crZDhOoSRKE[/video]

...I love this car :D

Edit 5-7-16, More exhaust work today, installed Lethal's OTA pipes

Track Key idle while still up on the ramps from the install:

[video=youtube;wDz62GD7J1s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDz62GD7J1s[/video]

Edit 5-14-16, dyno pull (423hp 375tq)

[video=youtube;HUHoTNtgoB4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUHoTNtgoB4[/video]

View attachment 66859

Last edited:

Skrapmetal

Established Member
The idle sounded awesome! Was that with the Track key?

Yessir, that's the track key idle

longtubes planned?

Some day, probably. Gotta do a little dialing in with the suspension (adjustable panhard bar, sway bar change to handle the square tire setup better), then the next mod is gonna have to be shifter-related before this MT82 drives me insane.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Yessir, that's the track key idle

Some day, probably. Gotta do a little dialing in with the suspension (adjustable panhard bar, sway bar change to handle the square tire setup better), then the next mod is gonna have to be shifter-related before this MT82 drives me insane.

The bracket will help a little, but basically the clutch is the biggest issue with high rpm shifts. I ran mine with an AED tune and an absolute blast to drive but virtually no way to hard shift at 7800-8000 with the stock clutch. I ran BMR SP009 and provided a great ride while maintaining reasonable clearance and factory raked look. The last 6mo's of ownership, I drove with the shocks on 5 and drive roughly 300-400 miles a week.

I definitely miss the handling of that car and would do basically anything you felt comfortable doing.

Skrapmetal

Established Member
The bracket will help a little, but basically the clutch is the biggest issue with high rpm shifts. I ran mine with an AED tune and an absolute blast to drive but virtually no way to hard shift at 7800-8000 with the stock clutch. I ran BMR SP009 and provided a great ride while maintaining reasonable clearance and factory raked look. The last 6mo's of ownership, I drove with the shocks on 5 and drive roughly 300-400 miles a week.

I definitely miss the handling of that car and would do basically anything you felt comfortable doing.

Ford really did improve the MT82 with the s550... going from a 12 to a 15 then back to a 13 was sort of a shock. I had forgotten how much better the 15 felt when I got it.

So yeah, maybe my best bet will be to throw a MGW or Blowfish on it then start squirrelling money away for a clutch.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
You will be amazed at how different that car feels with a tune, if you go that route. Shaun's tune completely changed the dynamic of that car and 3rd gear pulled to 8k effortlessly, then pull 4th and just keeps on on pulling.

Skrapmetal

Established Member
You will be amazed at how different that car feels with a tune, if you go that route. Shaun's tune completely changed the dynamic of that car and 3rd gear pulled to 8k effortlessly, then pull 4th and just keeps on on pulling.

AED?

Had to pick up a new steering wheel for it when I got it, and replace the radio screen. The previous owner absolutely thrashed the steering wheel somehow... if I'd only looked at the wheel, I would have guessed there was a zero missing at the end of the 7600 miles. The alcantara was completely matted down and smooth due to skin oil/lotion, and the coating on the aluminum was scraped off. There were also scuffs on the plastic cover plate inside of the driver's door handle where you pull the door shut (replacement cover plate was cheap from Tasca). Whoever it was, they wore some hefty jewelry. It also came with black GT track pack wheels and narrow all-season rubber all the way around.

But that stuff has been fixed, and after a little detailing when the weather warms back up it'll be just like new again.

Last edited:

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Yes, Shaun from AED. The wheel will get matted from the natural oils in you hands over time. I used a damp microfiber cloth and tooth brush every other month to bring it back.

volodya84

Established Member
Ford really did improve the MT82 with the s550... going from a 12 to a 15 then back to a 13 was sort of a shock. I had forgotten how much better the 15 felt when I got it.

So yeah, maybe my best bet will be to throw a MGW or Blowfish on it then start squirrelling money away for a clutch.
Lol @ this I went from a 12 Boss to 15 gtpp back to 13 Boss SBY LS.. Glad to know I'm not the only crazy one.

kcobra

MUSTANG MANIAC
Established Member
Nice car! I've got #107. You will definitely be impressed if you get one of Shaun's tunes. Not the same beast at all with a tune.

Skrapmetal

Established Member
More exhaust work today, installed Lethal's OTA pipes

Track Key idle while still up on the ramps from the install:

[video=youtube;wDz62GD7J1s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDz62GD7J1s[/video]

Users who are viewing this thread