Say Goodbye Gentlemen

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
So, I have agreed in principle to purchase a 1996 Porsche 911 Turbo. I fly out on tuesday to do a final personal inspection and drive it back.

Henceforth, the cobra will need to find a new home. Tell your friends, your parents, and your co workers.

Its been a fun 9.5 years with this car, but I feel I've done all I could do with it and wanted something new. Who knows, maybe I'll buy another some day, but for now, I'm going to spend some time with the air cooled beatle crew.

I won't be around as much, but I'll drop by from time to time to be abrasive.

Cheers,

Oliver

gmsux

Denial ain't just a river
Established Member
LOL, if you were sore about spending money on your cobra I can't wait until you are dropping much more on the portche. :)

Definitely post some pics, it sounds exciting.

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
Haven't we heard this line before? You better not be joking this time, we need to get rid of your crabby a$$ :beer:

4.6snakedoc

Established Member
well good luck and hope your wallet is deep for maintaince and repairs. I am assuming it is the twin turbo all wheel drive!

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
Haven't we heard this line before? You better not be joking this time, we need to get rid of your crabby a$$ :beer:

I seem to remember this same discussion a couple years ago. The new car will defintely be a step up in quality, fun and of course the all important coolness factor.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
It's been a good ride Oliver.

1st, Put some pics up of the 911 when you get it.

2nd, Be sure to drop in from time to time. I'd hate to finally ban you for something and that be "Not showing up":poke:

Good luck and take care.

KingCobra10Sec

Project Cobra R in Progre
Established Member
The way the economy is your going to take a killing on selling the cobra. I'd prefer a new porsche like an 03 but your choice is your choice.

Quadcammer

Established Member
You trator!!!

Rock on with the new ride! Pics are required.

Heres a teaser

13885327193.270852553.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

Good luck.

Thanks!

1996 Porsche 911 Turbo :rockon:

I'll miss your jokes man. :lol:

Post some pics!

Pics to come. I'll try to keep the jokes coming when I swing by.

LOL, if you were sore about spending money on your cobra I can't wait until you are dropping much more on the portche. :)

Definitely post some pics, it sounds exciting.

Dropping lots of money into the mustang was a losing proposition. The car was plummeting in value, and there are just so many things to fix, that it was a never ending well. I had to draw the line. The porsches hold value, and its a car I feel that I might own forever, so repairs and mods won't be a huge problem to me.

We sure have. But this time, the car passed a thorough PPI, and I just need to sign the check.

well good luck and hope your wallet is deep for maintaince and repairs. I am assuming it is the twin turbo all wheel drive!

Yup, it will be expensive, but I'm gonna work on it myself, so that saves a lot of cash.

It's been a good ride Oliver.

1st, Put some pics up of the 911 when you get it.

2nd, Be sure to drop in from time to time. I'd hate to finally ban you for something and that be "Not showing up":poke:

Good luck and take care.

Barry, a long ride, and mostly a good one. I'll definitely stop by from time to time, and I will definitely keep in touch.

Good luck! We'll miss you around here.

Thanks!

The way the economy is your going to take a killing on selling the cobra. I'd prefer a new porsche like an 03 but your choice is your choice.

I'll never get for the cobra what I think its worth, and I've considered keeping it, but I just don't have the space right now.

Definitely sad news indeed.

:beer:

gmsux

Denial ain't just a river
Established Member
Beautiful car Quad. If I could afford one, I would be all over it too. No question the quality and performance are top notch. It should be fun learning to work on a differently (albeit excellently) engineered car. Will you be open tracking with it?

Quadcammer

Established Member
I'm definitely going to be doing some driver education events, and thats another reason for the switch. I had no interest in putting a rollbar in the vert.

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
Even the littlest parts are $$$, never mind something like a catback. Say goodbye to a $400-500 catback my friend! My old room mate has an 83. The 911's don't tend to have the problems of the lesser models. I'm sure you'll love it. Even his 83 handled like no other. The seats are phenominal too.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Very very cool.

I have a buyer looking at my car now. I'd make my life less complicated now as my landlord hates me.

Plus I want a boat for when I move back home.

Quadcammer

Established Member
Yes, parts are pricey, but I have a great source. I'm ready for it.

The car already has some muffler, engine, and suspension mods.

Users who are viewing this thread