Say Goodbye Gentlemen

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
the 996, with the broken egg style headlights sold great, but was very unloved by enthusiasts and in the resale market, but sold extremely well.

Serpentor

Rock Hard Member
Established Member
the new generation 911s went back to the round headlights but the car you got will always be desirable to the Porsche nuts because its the last of the air cooled 911s.

Quadcammer

Established Member
Yeah, something about the 60s style interior and air cooled engine really drew me to the 993. The 996 and 997 are undoubtedly better cars, but I just liked the older one better. Given that you can get 996 turbos for 10k less, there is definitely something about the 993tts that keep people interested.

cobraracer46

Banned
Some of the new Porsche models are incredible performers, but in my opinion, the 1996 model is a major step backwards compared to the new edge mustang, especially the interior.:poke: Count your self lucky that you have a connection for Porsche parts as German auto parts are extremely expensive!

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
Some of the new Porsche models are incredible performers, but in my opinion, the 1996 model is a major step backwards compared to the new edge mustang, especially the interior.:poke: Count your self lucky that you have a connection for Porsche parts as German auto parts are extremely expensive!

Yea, Recaro seats and no need for a through the floor Griggs subframe kit is a MAJOR step back. I hope you were trying to be sarcastic. A stock 993 will run circles around your car at the track.

cobraracer46

Banned
Yea, Recaro seats and no need for a through the floor Griggs subframe kit is a MAJOR step back. I hope you were trying to be sarcastic. A stock 993 will run circles around your car at the track.

I was being serious and I have to admit that I do not find the 933 appealing at all.
If for some reason, I had to get another performance car( MY 01 Cobra is a keeper by the way.:rockon:) I would be looking at a stock 2000 Cobra R that would be kept stock or maybe something like a 2010 GT500. No way would I even think about getting a 933.

Quadcammer

Established Member
lol, I don't think an 86 911 would be a step backwards from an sn-95 mustang.

There is a reason 911s are the most iconic sports cars ever built.

If you don't like them, thats cool, but to call it a step backwards from a mustang is quite frankly, ridiculous

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
lol, I don't think an 86 911 would be a step backwards from an sn-95 mustang.

There is a reason 911s are the most iconic sports cars ever built.

If you don't like them, thats cool, but to call it a step backwards from a mustang is quite frankly, ridiculous

Agreed.

I'd take that 86 911 over damm near any mustang.

With a FEW exceptions.

Chrome98Cobra

Established Member
Premium Member
the 1996 model is a major step backwards compared to the new edge mustang, especially the interior.:poke:
ok.gif

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
I was being serious and I have to admit that I do not find the 933 appealing at all.
If for some reason, I had to get another performance car( MY 01 Cobra is a keeper by the way.:rockon:) I would be looking at a stock 2000 Cobra R that would be kept stock or maybe something like a 2010 GT500. No way would I even think about getting a 933.

Fair enough, but pretty much any 911 is superior in handling to any Mustang, that includes yours. Whether or not you like it doesn't change that fact. I don't like Camaros, but stock for stock a 99 SS is faster in every way than a 99 Cobra.

Users who are viewing this thread