• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

#SaveTheManual | Bronco Adds Manual Trans Option to the Sasquatch Package

Discussion in 'Front Page Articles' started by SID297, Sep 22, 2020.

1. SID297

SID297 OWNER/ADMIN Staff Member Administrator

#SaveTheManual | Bronco Adds Manual Trans Option to the Sasquatch Package

2021_Bronco_Aftermarket_005.jpg

DEARBORN, Mich., Sept. 21, 2020 – Listening to reservation-holder feedback, Ford is expanding the availability of its high-performance off-road Sasquatch™ package to all-new Bronco two- and four-door models with a class-first 7-speed manual transmission.

“The Bronco community spoke and we heard them,” said Mark Grueber, Ford Bronco consumer marketing manager. “Our team moved quickly to add Sasquatch with a manual transmission – another example of our focus on giving customers the best possible off-road vehicles and accessories that we can.”

The increased availability of the Sasquatch package also makes the Ford Bronco the only 4x4 with a 7-speed manual and 35-inch off-road tires in its class.

Sasquatch Plus Manual Unlocks Even More Off-Road Capability

While other brands save their best hardware for premium series models, Bronco is making off-road capability a priority across every two- and four-door trim level with the available Sasquatch package.

Checking the Sasquatch box adds class-first 35-inch Goodyear® mud-terrain tires mounted to 17-inch beadlock-capable wheels, Dana™ front and rear electronic locking axles with 4.7:1 final drive ratio, and high-clearance suspension with a nearly two-inch wider track, position-sensitive Bilstein shocks and wider fender flares.

Sasquatch package will be available across the lineup, including Base, Big Bend™, Black Diamond™ Outer Banks™, and Badlands™. It is standard on Bronco Wildtrak™ and First Edition models, while the Badlands™ series with available Sasquatch package and standard semi-active hydraulic front stabilizer bar disconnect results in the ultimate Bronco rock crawler.

“Capability is always a priority, and pairing Sasquatch with a manual transmission and available advanced 4x4 system gives it a maximum crawl ratio of 94.75:1, providing even more off-road capability across the line-up,” said Dave Pericak, Ford icons global director.

The manual transmission with Sasquatch package is targeted to be available in late 2021.

Bronco Build and Price Goes Live in October

As excitement builds around the Bronco brand of rugged SUVs, the Bronco two- and four-door build and price site will go live in October. Enthusiasts will be able to virtually create their ideal models and compare pricing for option groups. Reservation holders can create their dream off-road machine and print and save the information for ordering, which will begin in December.

The all-new two- and four-door Bronco goes on sale next spring. To learn more about Bronco and Bronco Sport, go to Ford.com/Bronco.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
    lOOKnGO, ON D BIT and DSG2003Mach1 like this.
  2. SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT Well-Known Member Established Member

How about a V8 now?

biminiLX, me32, john11gt and 2 others like this.
  3. MOTORCITYBADBOY

MOTORCITYBADBOY Member Established Member

About time.. You can't even get a manual in a pickup truck anymore.. People would rather play with their phone than shift gears.
    7 speed Corvette owners have stated that 7 manual gears may be overkill though.
    Note to Ford: GIVE US A ****n V-8! And don't tell me how a 6 or 4 banger is just as powerful..

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2020
    biminiLX, me32 and PhoenixM3 like this.
  4. PhoenixM3

PhoenixM3 Hello Kitty Slayer Premium Member Established Member

Broncote?

me32 and lOOKnGO like this.
  5. PhoenixM3

PhoenixM3 Hello Kitty Slayer Premium Member Established Member

Who knows if a Coyote would fit? 7.3 might....

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2020
    me32 likes this.
  6. CobraBob

CobraBob Authorized Vendor Premium Member Established Member Single Barrel Sirs

first.jpg

Just read this news on Fox 5 minutes ago. Good news for Ford Bronco fans. Cool looking!

me32 likes this.
  7. ON D BIT

ON D BIT Finish First Established Member

Late 21, does this mean it will be months after the 21 Broncos are being produced? Would this be July of 21 or Oct of 21?
    Its really a 6sp trans with 1-6 being used in normal driving and crawl gear to be used on rocks in 4 low.

8. AustinJ427

AustinJ427 Well-Known Member Established Member Beer Money Bros.

Someone did the math, it's 1mph per 1000 rpm in granny-low.

I think it will be mostly unused, which is fine.

Want.

9. SID297

SID297 OWNER/ADMIN Staff Member Administrator

Boat ramp gear.

_Snake_ and me32 like this.
  10. lOOKnGO

lOOKnGO Keep'um smiling Established Member

Hats off to Ford for listening! I'm impressed.

biminiLX and me32 like this.
  11. andymarkv

andymarkv Active Member Established Member

Hmmmmm..... Can we convince Ford to mate the 7sp to the V6? A tuned 2.7 7sp would be super fun!

Maybe I'm getting greedy and should just be happy with mansquatch 4cyl availability.

biminiLX and me32 like this.
  12. me32

me32 BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS Moderator

I agree

13. biminiLX

biminiLX never stock Established Member

Really hard not to offer the V8 if Jeep delivers the 392. The 7.3 would probably fit easier than a 5.0 and I’d gladly trade my Ram Laramie for a V8 Bronco.
    -J

14. andymarkv

I have to imagine they planned to offer the manual with Sasquatch all along.
    I highly doubt that they could do all the clutch/trans durability testing needed with 35's with a flip of a switch.
    But it was an interesting move to gauge interest and get the community involved.

15. kevinatfms

kevinatfms Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech Established Member

Ford Bronco Badlands Wildtrak Sasquatch Coyote?

Stupid ****ing naming scheme. Whats next - Ford Shelby GT350 Performance Pack 2 Voodoo Mach 1 Cobra R?

They better have a cartoon Bigfoot on the side of this truck with all the stupid naming schemes.

16. 2000GTSTANG

2000GTSTANG Well-Known Member Established Member

The 7 speed in the c7 has three overdrives. IMO it serves no purpose to have so many and would have been better served with 5 close ratio gears and two overdrives.

17. andymarkv

Interesting read...Road & Track asks a Ford engineer why no V6/manual Bronco.

Just like the manual/sasquatch...Loeffler made it clear to Ford Authority that not all hope is lost in regards to seeing Ford build a V-6-powered Bronco with a manual in the future—enough people just have to ask for it.

Why You Can't Get a V-6 Bronco With a Manual - Explainer