Crankshaft Special Saleen Forged Steel
Connecting Rods Saleen Forged Steel
Pistons Saleen Forged Aluminum
Exhaust System Saleen 2 ½” performance center exhaust system
Horsepower 550 bhp @ 6100 RPM
Torque 500 lbs-ft Torque @ 4900 RPM
Fuel Premium Unleaded 91 Octane
Air Filter Saleen performance air filter
Saleen Intercooled Supercharger Saleen Series VI Integrated TwinScrew Supercharger With Two-Stage Water-To-Air Intercooler System; Cast 356-T6 aluminum alloy construction
Inlet Tube Saleen design high-flow inlet tube and air box cover
Radiator Saleen Performance dual-core radiator and high flow cooling system
Calibration Saleen Powerflash™ Performance

DRIVETRAIN
Transmission Saleen Quick Ratio 6-Speed Transmission
8.8 in. Differential 3.55:1 Ratio Standard
Saleen MaxGrip Speed-Sensitive Limited Slip Standard
Clutch High performance clutch
Flywheel Light weight aluminum
Driveshaft Balanced aluminum
Differential Saleen Maxgrip™ Differential 4.10:1 gear ratio

AIR MANAGEMENT DESIGN
Saleen aluminum hood with heat ventilation
Saleen injection molded TPO (Thermoplastic Olefin) front fascia
Saleen carbon front splitter
Saleen injection molded TPO (Thermoplastic Olefin) side skirts and door cladding
Saleen injection molded TPO (Thermoplastic Olefin) rear fascia
Saleen carbon rear diffuser
Saleen front grille
Saleen integrated front turn signals
Saleen center body panel (rear)
Saleen rear spoiler and end caps
Saleen rear wing
Saleen quarter window trim
Saleen HID (High Intensity Discharge) headlights

RACECRAFT SUSPENSION
Springs Saleen specific rate front and rear springs
Struts Saleen front struts (N2)
Shocks Saleen rear shocks (N2)
Control arms Boxed lower control arms
Axle Three link live rear axle with panhard rod
Valve Saleen valve stem caps
Front MacPherson strut with lower control arm; Saleen Racecraft system including N2 struts with linear-rate coil-over springs; 1.38-in. tubular stabilizer (anti-roll) bar with urethane pivot bushings; specially calibrated suspension settings
Rear Live axle located by three links plus a Panhard rod; Saleen Racecraft system including direct-acting, linear-rate coil spings and N2 shocks; est 0.83-in. stabilizer (anti-roll) bar; specially calibrated suspension settings

BRAKES
Braking System Saleen 15" slotted and vented front disc brake system with Saleen 6 piston calipers and ABS
Power Assisted 4-Wheel ABS Brakes Standard
Saleen Premium 4-Piston Calipers Standard
with 14.0 in Slotted and Vented Disc (Front) Standard
11.8 in. Disc (Rear) Standard

WHEELS AND TIRES
Saleen Five Spoke Alloy Wheels Standard
20 in. x 9 in. Front Standard
20 in. x 10 in. Rear Standard
Chrome Finish Optional
19 in. x 9 in. Front (Saleen Five Spoke Alloy Wheels)
19 in. x 10 in. Rear

ULTRA-HIGH PERFORMANCE PIRELLI P-ZERO ROSSO
P275/35ZR20 (Front) Standard
P275/40ZR20 (Rear) Standard

SUMMER PERFORMANCE PACKAGE PIRELLI CORSA UPGRADE
P285/35ZR19 (Front and Rear) Optional

STYLING AND INTERIOR

Saleen leather sport seats with louvered head rest
Saleen 200 MPH speedometer with black faced gauges
Saleen twin gauge pod; boost and air temperature
Saleen dash vents and bezels
Saleen steering wheel badge
Saleen performance driving pedals with driver foot brace
Saleen close ratio shifter
Saleen shift knob
Saleen door sill plates
Saleen S281E graphics and identification
Saleen windshield graphic
Saleen fender badge
Saleen serialized engine bay plaque
Saleen serialized bumper number
Saleen serialized dash plaque
Saleen championship wreath
Saleen S281 custom floor mats
Saleen key fob
Saleen "Eagle One" detail kit
Saleen owners document portfolio and warranty guide

COLOR COMBINATIONS
Exterior Color/Graphic Color/Wheel Color
HP - Performance White Clearcoat/Blue/White
HP - Performance White Clearcoat/Black/White
D3 - Torch Red Clearcoat/Silver/Silver
UA - Black Clearcoat/Silver/Silver
G9 - Vista Blue Clearcoat/Silver/Silver
TL - Satin Silver Clearcoat Metallic/Black/Silver
D6 - Screaming Yellow Clearcoat/Black/Silver
T8 - Tungsten Grey Clearcoat Metallic/Silver/Silver
G2- Redfire Clearcoat Metallic/Silver/Silver
P1- Legend Lime Clearcoat Metallic/Silver/Silver
P3- Windveil Blue Clearcoat Metallic/Silver/Silver

PERFORMANCE UPGRADES
Ultra High Performance Summer Tires
Special Michelin Pilot Sport II tires that utilize the latest technology in construction and compounds for maximum handling, acceleration and braking for the most extreme performance requirements

Retail Price $2,025.00

EXTERIOR UPGRADES
Saleen Chrome Alloy Wheels
Retail Price $1,314.00
Saleen Scenic Roof
Extend your driving pleasure with the installation of a high quality tempered glass roof. The structurally sound glass roof is tinted and has been tested to meet all federal safety requirements. This option completely replaces the roof of your coupe and provides stunning panoramic views day or night, rain or shine.

Retail Cost: $3,999.00

Saleen Convertible Sports Bar
With the top down on your Saleen convertible the sport bar adds a European roadster appearance.

Retail Cost: $999.00

Saleen Speedster Package
The Saleen speedster package is a great way to give an exotic appearance to your Saleen convertible. The package consists of a Saleen installed sport bar and speedster designed one piece tonneau cover.

Retail Cost: $2,679.00

Saleen Body Color Racing Panel
This Saleen designed quarter window panel gives the S281 “Extreme” a unique race inspired profile by adding a body colored panel on the outside of the quarter window as well as a Saleen branded black-out panel on the inside.

Retail Cost: $ 475.00

SALEEN FACTORY PAINT COLORS
Exterior Color/Graphics/Wheels Base chassis must be:
Speedlab Yellow/Black/Silver
Screaming Yellow

Saleen S7 Silver/Black/Silver Silver
Lizstick Red/Silver/Silver Redfire
Pearl White/Black/White White
Black Metallic/Silver/Silver Black
Beryllium/Silver/Silver Black
Victory Blue/Silver/Silver Vista Blue
Bright Signature Red/Silver/Silver Torch Red
Trilogy Silver /Black/Silver Tungsten Grey

SALEEN EXTREME RAINBOW PAINT
A rainbow of clearcoat colors will set your Saleen apart from the ordinary. The chassis must be ordered with black exterior paint for this option.

Retail Cost: $ 16,000.00

Last edited:

stang22

Established Member
...Way to expensive,and not that great for performance for that amount of money!! I'd rather mod the gt500 with only using some of the difference in price between the 2 cars,.... and the saleen extreme will be eating alot of shelby gt500 dust!! :kaboom:

chuckstang

Established Member
wow
and to think there are people out there that dont think the gt500 is worth it
hahahahahahahahaha
Id rather have a z06 then any mustang. PERIOD
The gt500 is nice because it is $25k less!!!!!!!!!!

chuckstang

Established Member
wow, 68k but take alot at all those options...this car fully loaded is about $80,000
ummmm no thanks unless they will sell me one for 40k :)

stang22

Established Member
Dr Auto X said:
The Saleen looks a lot better than the Shelby. Especially in the back. The back is the worst part of the 05+ Mustangs.
I disagree!!!,...the back end of the saleen don't even look like a mustang,..and that cheap ugly looking rear spoiler thing on the trunk of the saleen ,..has got to go!!! :rolleyes:...And that price,..forget about it!!! :rollseyes

crazyhorse06

Established Member
Dr Auto X said:
The Saleen looks a lot better than the Shelby. Especially in the back. The back is the worst part of the 05+ Mustangs.
That is because you have rice in your blood, not V8 performance. I want the car to look simple. The '03/'04 was simple in styling also.

Dr Auto X

Banned
crazyhorse06 said:
That is because you have rice in your blood, not V8 performance. I want the car to look simple. The '03/'04 was simple in styling also.

My last car was a 96 S281 with a Aviator 4.6 DOHC swap and the one before that was an 88 GT with a 347. The VW is completely stock. Where's the rice in that?

You want the car to look simple? So do I. That's why I keep saying to get rid of the fake gas cap (Ford calls it an ornament) and the fake difuser. That stuff is ugly and serves no purpose other than to make the car look cheap.

crazyhorse06

Established Member
Dr Auto X said:
My last car was a 96 S281 with a Aviator 4.6 DOHC swap and the one before that was an 88 GT with a 347. The VW is completely stock. Where's the rice in that?

You want the car to look simple? So do I. That's why I keep saying to get rid of the fake gas cap (Ford calls it an ornament) and the fake difuser. That stuff is ugly and serves no purpose other than to make the car look cheap.
What purpose do all those extra plastic (excuse me, urethane) pieces do for the Saleen? It is a styling exercise.

broeli

Established Member
The Saleen WITH a body kit, 20 inch wheels, etc. weighs 3550lbs, making a GT500 400lbs heavier??!! I just don't see where all the weight is coming from on the GT500. It's ridiculous. :)
The Saleen definitely looks better than the GT500 and would definitely outperform it in every aspect, but it should for the price. I think I'd rather have a Z06 though. But if you need a back seat and love the retro Mustang styling I can see why someone would buy the S281E considering it would come close to the performance of the Z06 for about the same amount of $.

I also agree that the rear of the new Mustang is the worst looking part of its design. It is too flat and tall looking.

GTWill

Established Member
broeli said:
The Saleen WITH a body kit, 20 inch wheels, etc. weighs 3550lbs, making a GT500 400lbs heavier??!! I just don't see where all the weight is coming from on the GT500. It's ridiculous. :)
In case you haven't figured it out after 1000's of posts most of it is engine and brakes.

broeli

Established Member
In case you haven't figured it out after 1000's of posts most of it is engine and brakes.
LOL. PLEASE tell me you're kidding. You must know very little about cars. The Saleen has BIGGER and better brakes. Even if the brakes are lighter if they are two piece rotors and light calipers it would be no more than 20lbs or so total. Do you think the 5.4l is 400+lbs heavier?....it's not.

broeli

Established Member
Just to throw a few #'s out there, a complete 4.6 Mustang motor weighs 614lbs. A complete 5.4 weighs 660. The "cammer" 5.0 weighs 669. Keep in mind these are complete motors minus a supercharger. The supercharger will add 50-60lbs (listed as 57lbs).
Here are some bare block weights for those interested:
The cast 5.4 block weighs 239lbs. The aluminum 4.6 (A46) block weighs 147lbs. The cast 4.6 weighs around 178lbs (D46 (Romeo)) (W46 (Windsor)weighs 219) . The "cammer" 5.0 block weighs 120lbs.

Also, I'm sure the Saleens 20" wheels are just as heavy as the GT500's 18" wheels. The brakes and calipers probably weigh within lbs of each other. The body kit on the Saleen should add a little weight. The seats in the S281E I'm sure are lighter (probably 50lbs total).
The 3950 lb weight of the GT500 just doesn't add up.

Last edited:

Viperluke

Established Member
crazyhorse06 said:

I guess I have a little rice in my blood too. But at least I've got fast rice. Also the urethane(plastic pieces)are actually functional. I didn't buy this car for women. But damn! Women love this car. The stories I can tell, and I've only had it several months.

leeen5qy.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread