Said goodbye to the snake....*Crappy Pic Warning*

DARKSTI

Yea, its a 4CYL ...
Established Member
PoisonSnake said:
If you don't mind sharing, how much did they give you for the cobra in the trade-in?
15K, whished i could have gotten a litt more, but they wouldnt budge :(

Last edited:

Paul's_03SVT

Established Member
LTHLBLU said:
-It pulls like the cobra did in 2nd gear when its in 5th.
Damn didnt think they were that quick. I cant believe your car pulls as hard in 5th, as mine in 2nd. Anyways enjoy the new ride. :thumbsup: Dont think I like the front end though. :shrug:

PIXER

Banned
ezernut9mm said:
cool deal man. i traded my 99 lightning for an 05 wrx wagon. i sure do miss the exhaust and torque, but other than that i really like my subie. fit and finish, handling, seats and steering wheel, and over all ergonomics. oh, and the mpg will come up after the break in.

24247-100-27040.jpg
You traded it to Jack Miller Subaru didn't you?

DARKSTI

Yea, its a 4CYL ...
Established Member
Paul's_03SVT said:
Damn didnt think they were that quick. I cant believe your car pulls as hard in 5th, as mine in 2nd. Anyways enjoy the new ride. :thumbsup: Dont think I like the front end though. :shrug:
I had a '01 cobra, a '03 would own it :)

BmoseleyINC

SVT Immortal
Established Member
You're stoned if you think that STi pulls as hard in 5th as your 01 Snake in 2nd. That's actually quite absurd if you think about it, seeing as how the 01 will out trap it.

I like wrx's so congrats, but god I could never go from a Beautiful fast v-8 to a bumble bee.

00Vette

Established Member
I can't believe you did that........... :??: You'd rather have an STI over a Cobra? Well each to there own..........Hope you enjoy your new car. :beer:

2k1SilverSnake

Mostly stock...
Established Member
Congrats on the new car! I actually made the transition from import to domestic. As an adolescent and throughout high school I was into the "import scene." I had a decently quick Honda so that wasn't a problem. Then cops around here really started to crack down on street racing and started being biased against imports(all makes) for the little stuff -- no front plate, modified exhaust, being too low, etc. I was getting fix-it tickets all the time. My car like every other import at the time was a target for thieves. I had my subs, wheels, amp, deck, etc. stolen all the time--at mall parking lots, house parties, public garages, downtown district. I became sick of it. I fit the stereotypical mold also because I am Asian. Then my first year of college back in 01', my friends traded and sold their econoboxes and began buying classic cars like a 65' Mustang coupe, 67' Camaro SS, 70' Stingray and so forth. We had become tired of the generalizations. Then one night, Henry Ford came to me in a dream. He told me to buy a Mustang and continue its legacy. I originally wanted a notch, but my parents wanted me to get a "brand new" car. I purchased a Mineral Grey 02' V6 back in 01'. It was stock for a while and now it is turbocharged(which I am now disassembling). I work 6 days a week now so I have no time maintaining/tuning the vehicle. So 3 days ago I purchased an 01' Cobra. I absolutely love it and am a very proud owner. Torque is awesome! It's kinda cool I guess that you went from Cobra to STi. If you went from Cobra to WRX I would have shitted my pants. It is too late for me though, I have already turned to the darkside.

H ad
O ne.
N ever
D id
A gain.

Last edited:

todd4566

Man Of Steel
Established Member
Congrats on picking up the STi! I still can't get over why Subaru took a step backwards in the styling dept with the 06' front end vs 04/05' model, but nonetheless, those cars are extremely fun to drive. :thumbsup:

*Please don't trade your rear wing away. Before I had ever driven the STi, I kinda laughed at the size of the rear wing. With my newfound respect for those cars, I'd leave the wing on there simply because it came that way.. when I see STi's around here with the standard wing, I'm not liking it. :dw: That's my .02

Last edited:

F8LBITEva

Alexis Texas' #1 fan
Established Member
I like wrx's so congrats, but god I could never go from a Beautiful fast v-8 to a bumble bee.[/QUOTE

same here, but good luck.

2k1cobra

Established Member
Shouldve gotten an 05 STI the front end on the 06's is ugly. :xpl:

twista

Band'edid
Established Member
good thing its still parked to a white mustang =) but im like the other guys =( no more v8 rumble stang music

LargeOrangeFont

Raise your fist in resist
Established Member
Congrats on the purchase. The 06 STI is really nice. I came from a WRX to my 04 Cobra. The ergonomics are DEFINATELY better in the Subaru. More leg room, shifter is in the right spot, Everything is where you would expect.

It was too much $$$ to make the WRX as fast as I wanted it, so I found another platform that was easier and cheaper to mod- the Cobra.

The price of WRX mods has come way down in the last year. It will drop even furthur when the all new WRX platform is released next year.

Throw a catless downpipe on it and have some fun. It will gain about 20 WHP and the sound will get slightly more agressive.

DARKSTI

Yea, its a 4CYL ...
Established Member
BmoseleyINC said:
You're stoned if you think that STi pulls as hard in 5th as your 01 Snake in 2nd. That's actually quite absurd if you think about it, seeing as how the 01 will out trap it.

I like wrx's so congrats, but god I could never go from a Beautiful fast v-8 to a bumble bee.
Dude, have you driven one, trust me.
Specs:
'01 Cobra: 13.5 sec @ 105 mph
'06 STi 13.0 @ 103.5

Sure it traps higher, but which is quicker. I grant you after mods the cobra would probably beat the sti, but from what i felt, my old car would probably of lost by about a car.

Like i said, the part i will miss the most is the sound, but i had to do this for my career and life :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread