Said goodbye to my dog Bailie today

tvspower

Established Member
We lost our dog Bailie today from complications with diabetes and pancreatitis. She was a beautiful mix of ChiuPom and was 12 years old.. She was my only dog and fast became my best friend. Driving in the car was her favourite activity...My wife decided 12 years ago I needed a best friend who would except me under any conditions, and did she ever...Being a survivor, Bailie helped me heal in ways I never would experience with people.. I am very grateful to my wife who understood a need I was missing at the time.. Now it is with tremendous sadness that my days will start without Bailie... About 3yrs ago I believe Tob and I were communicating about the drive shaft he was working on/with other people.. At that time he had just lost one of his family pets.. I felt the sadness in his words and now today I grieve with everyone who has lost their image2 - Copy.JPGbeloved animal friend.. Thanks listening

Snake Pliskin

Teen Idol
Established Member
Im very sorry for your'e loss. You sound like a wonderful owner and as soon as you can ready yourself I hope you can give another pet a wonderful home and a happy life.

cbj5259

Established Member
Sorry for your loss. I lost my girl almost 2 years ago and not a day goes by that I don't think about her. They are like children and are part of the family. Just know that she isn't suffering or in pain anymore and that she died in peace after having lived a great life being loved by you.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Told myself not to click this, but couldn't help myself as I hate reading these. I feel for you Bud as my two Pugs are getting there.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
So sorry for your loss.
I had a very similar experience with my Miniature Schnauzer. He was great until 8 years old. Then, she became blind, had diabetes and had a small bout of pancreatitis as well. I had to give her 2 insulin shots a day. She was a lot of work, and cost me a lot of money for the insulin/needles, but I would do it all over again to have her back! I did this for three years, until I say that she was really going downhill and didn't want her to suffer, if she was. That was my best friend. I out her down on July 23rd of 2014. I buried her in the backyard.
Good luck and sorry for your loss.

BRNG ITT

Established Member
Sorry for your loss man. One of the bad parts of having so many pets growing up.

Just remember all of the good times that y'all had, and the great life that you were able to give her.

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
Very sorry to hear this Bruce.

Rest in peace Bailie.

LD5050

37OH55V
Established Member
My condolences. Two of my dogs (Golden Retriever and a German Shepherd) are both 12 years old now. I wish I could count on 12 more years but realize it could be any day now.
They definitely do not live long enough, brother.

tvspower

Established Member
Thank you all for your kind and caring thoughts.. Went for a drive today and had a good cry by myself.

Steve1578

Established Member
Also tough to lose a pet. Those without will never understand, but it hurts like hell and they're never forgotten. RIP.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Pets are harder to lose than people sometimes. I feel for you. Prayers your way.

Users who are viewing this thread