Sadly, no love for the 99-01 Cobras...

Competition

Hood Rich
Established Member
My son has an 01' Cobra with a Terminator front bumper, hood and
Anniversary wheels which helps with the looks (IMO), plus the Termi
seats don't hurt when driving it. It really confuses people when they
first see it!

Man, I thought you were my Dad at first. His name is Mark, and we're from Ohio..and I (his son) have an 01 Cobra with all Terminator body parts and interior...what color is his?

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
+1 :rockon:

I totally agree. ;)

the-fck-was-that.gif

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member
HOLY CRAP!!! IT IS 2007 ALL OVER AGAIN!!!!!

I know, how about you people get a major magazine to host a shoot-out. Oh wait, that WAS done back in 2007. The August issue to be exact. Held at a Old Bridge in NJ. And guess what, Jaime and I were the ONLY two New Edge Cobras to show up and run. And we were seriously outgunned.

Get over it and go on with you lives. Or get a "do-over" and show up and run.

-Kevin

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member

I know, how about you people get a major magazine to host a shoot-out. Oh wait, that WAS done back in 2007. The August issue to be exact. Held at a Old Bridge in NJ. And guess what, Jaime and I were the ONLY two New Edge Cobras to show up and run. And we were seriously outgunned.

-Kevin

If I recall, a mach 1 won that shootout. :D

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
Yes, in skin only. The heart was more Terminator than anything else.

Yes which is even more impressive ? He didnt have the high compression of the mach, or the lighter weight of the aluminum block.

Also, other than forged internals and being an iron block they share the same heads/cams anyway.

Last edited:

01yellercobra

Established Member
Yes which is even more impressive ? He didnt have the high compression of the mach, or the lighter weight of the aluminum block.

Also, other than forged internals and being an iron block they share the same heads/cams anyway.

How is that more impressive? I'd consider it the easy way out personally.

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member

None of that impressed me. He had high powered blower car and a lot of parts removed from the interior and some suspension work. What part of that is a Mach 1? Hell, what part of my 99 was a New Edge Cobra?

I am not knocking him at all, all of the Mach guys had very impressive setups. But there wasn't a single car in that shootout anywhere close to stock, except Jaime's. Heck, my car was a ProCharged 99 Cobra, only the paint and wheels were stock, everything else was modified. Any car can be made to go faster, it just becomes a matter of who can spend the most. There has NEVER been a true side by side comparison between the two cars in stock form. And by true side by side, I am saying everything from ride comfort on the street, to gas mileage, to acceleration at a drag strip, to braking, to handling at a road course. I offered up my bone stock 01 vert in the past to do this but no one from MM&FF or 5.0 ever took me up on it. I was in the shootout and I am still telling you that nothing was learned from it. Nothing at all.

I have been there and done that with the New Edge cars. Don't let my signature below fool you. You guys are all arguing a moot point until someone does a real test on stock cars.

-Kevin

OhioMark

Established Member
Competition,

My sons 01' Cobra is Comp. Orange and we're located on the West Side of Akron. His
goal is to add an Eaton to it next year if the funds permit etc..Thanks!

Mark

StangSteph

Established Member
love the 01 cobra, jus sayin :) mach looks more aggressive while the 99-01 cobras look a bit more lowkey
all a matter of opinion

and I'm a girl, dislike pink and would never drive a bug (unless its a cool older one maybe), and love my little v6 mustang but cant wait to stick in the 4v we got, sometime this year. although right now I just miss the car, no matter how crappy it looks and runs...Lol

Competition

Hood Rich
Established Member
love the 01 cobra, jus sayin :) mach looks more aggressive while the 99-01 cobras look a bit more lowkey
all a matter of opinion

and I'm a girl, dislike pink and would never drive a bug (unless its a cool older one maybe), and love my little v6 mustang but cant wait to stick in the 4v we got, sometime this year. although right now I just miss the car, no matter how crappy it looks and runs...Lol

Is it Mineral Grey, or DSG? Hard to tell with your sig picture.

StangSteph

Established Member
02 MG! used to think the color was dirt colored, now I'm in love with it LOL

BTW, seen the pics and love your cobra

Last edited:

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member

-Kevin

lol haha

None of that impressed me. He had high powered blower car and a lot of parts removed from the interior and some suspension work. What part of that is a Mach 1? Hell, what part of my 99 was a New Edge Cobra?

I am not knocking him at all, all of the Mach guys had very impressive setups. But there wasn't a single car in that shootout anywhere close to stock, except Jaime's. Heck, my car was a ProCharged 99 Cobra, only the paint and wheels were stock, everything else was modified. Any car can be made to go faster, it just becomes a matter of who can spend the most. There has NEVER been a true side by side comparison between the two cars in stock form. And by true side by side, I am saying everything from ride comfort on the street, to gas mileage, to acceleration at a drag strip, to braking, to handling at a road course. I offered up my bone stock 01 vert in the past to do this but no one from MM&FF or 5.0 ever took me up on it. I was in the shootout and I am still telling you that nothing was learned from it. Nothing at all.

I have been there and done that with the New Edge cars. Don't let my signature below fool you. You guys are all arguing a moot point until someone does a real test on stock cars.

-Kevin

+1 IMO that shootout sucked. If I recall, every car there had a power adder except Jamie. Cool...:bored:

I thought the point was to compare the cars in stock or bolt-on form (meaning no power adders or built n/a motors)

Last edited:

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member

-Kevin

I agree with all of this :beer:

Even with all the heavy mods of my car, nothing that will ever change is the fact that its a mach 1. I will never get rid of the signature hood and shaker and its still got the original motor too, just built. I plan to try to keep it that way. :)

Last edited:

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
all a matter of opinion

Nothing wrong with that! :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread