Sadly, no love for the 99-01 Cobras...

USMarksman91

Banned
Well mine is an 01 with an eaton swap. You can do the swap on the 99's also but its a shit ton of parts needed. Are the cams n/a or for a supercharger?

Thanks for the response man, I'm not sure what kind of cams it has :( maybe you can tell? Type Tim Thompson cobra intO YouTube and check out the first video with it getting dynod fastlane motorsports, maybe you can tell by the sound ? Thanks. I thought maybe if my cam was too big it wouldn't work with a blower wel

force feed

Established Member
Thanks for the response man, I'm not sure what kind of cams it has :( maybe you can tell? Type Tim Thompson cobra intO YouTube and check out the first video with it getting dynod fastlane motorsports, maybe you can tell by the sound ? Thanks. I thought maybe if my cam was too big it wouldn't work with a blower wel

I honestly dont know by hearing them but damn it sure sounds badass lol. You would need a part number to tell really. Sorry i couldnt be more help. Do the swap and just find a good tuner and you should be fine

USMarksman91

Banned
Ok. Doing the swap as opposed to using a kenne belle is better just for cost effectiveness right? One thing is a hate the way eatons act when they heat up. How much rwtq and rwhp is safe on the 99 cobra?

USMarksman91

Banned
And I would LOVE to get info on a 03-04 mach or cobra head swap onto my car, if I could do that I could probably get closer to 400 rwhp she's at 368 now. 03-04 machs heads I know are the big reason they make.more power than the cobras. They cobras cam is more aggressive and wants the air the machs heads provide, I just need to do it or ask people who have done it

force feed

Established Member
Ok. Doing the swap as opposed to using a kenne belle is better just for cost effectiveness right? One thing is a hate the way eatons act when they heat up. How much rwtq and rwhp is safe on the 99 cobra?

Well mine is going to the shop next week for the tune. I should be in the are of 420-430 rwhp. You dont have to use the eaton when doing the swap. You can buy the things for a swap and have a kb ready to slap on. I didnt use a kb cause the boost itll throw out will be to much for my stock internals. Gonna get a built motor first then upgrade to the kb.

Kwik03DSG

Established Member
Well mine is going to the shop next week for the tune. I should be in the are of 420-430 rwhp. You dont have to use the eaton when doing the swap. You can buy the things for a swap and have a kb ready to slap on. I didnt use a kb cause the boost itll throw out will be to much for my stock internals. Gonna get a built motor first then upgrade to the kb.

Whos tuning it? Murillo? MaxV/Jon Lund? or Lethal?

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
i wish i had done an eaton swap sometimes just so i can ditch that little 1.7L for a 2.4

IIRC, the only difference fitment wise is the length of the pulley drive snout. You should be able to swap that out. I know for a fact that Whipple does it. And I'm pretty sure that the lower intake manifold that KB sells is basically an 03 lower. Gotta be cheaper than ditching and doing an Eaton swap.

Last edited:

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
IIRC, the only difference fitment wise is the length of the pulley drive snout. You should be able to swap that out. I know for a fact that Whipple does it. And I'm pretty sure that the lower intake manifold that KB sells is basically an 03 lower. Gotta be cheaper than ditching and doing an Eaton swap.

it IS an 03 lower as far as i know

:nonono::nonono: That is sad

not sad...i don't use the IRS enough...i like it a lot don't get me wrong but my heart has always been in drag racing

however if things work out right i'll get back into racing Super Comp and won't have to worry about a solid swap

Last edited:

Darkc0bra

....Pass
Established Member
not sad...i don't use the IRS enough...i like it a lot don't get me wrong but my heart has always been in drag racing

however if things work out right i'll get back into racing Super Comp and won't have to worry about a solid swap

Fair Enough :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread