Sad Day, anyone else remember when they sold their Cobra?

SlowLNF

Established Member
Well, I said good bye to my 04 Cobra today. Fortunately I know the new owner and I know he will take good care of her. I didn't get as much as I would have liked to, or as much as the car's worth, but I found a vehicle that fits me and I need to get into it before it's sold.

I bought the car bone stock, and dumped a lot of time, money, sweat, and blood into her. I'll miss this car more then any I've had before.

Does anyone else remember when they sold their Cobra?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I remember how tough it was to sell my '03 Cobra but, I, too, found a buyer I knew would take good care of it. So that made parting with my baby a tad easier. Funny, you swapped to a truck and I swapped to an SUV (sold last year). Best of luck with your Dodge pickup.

Ace5Oh

Established Member
I felt bad when I bought it from the owner that owned mine. 81 year old n original owner. All he asked for was a last ride in it. He got to a point where he couldnt even drive it or get in it.

QuickV8

▪█───────█▪
Established Member
i traded a 99v6 for a 98 firebird and felt guilty for 2 weeks. felt like i just got dumped by a girl i loved. plus i realized the 99v6 was in better shape than the firebird.

mike1284

mcdougal
Established Member
I bought the car bone stock, and dumped a lot of time, money, sweat, and blood into her. I'll miss this car more then any I've had before.

Does anyone else remember when they sold their Cobra?

sure do, sounds just like me. i traded it in back in june '10. did so to save for a house. i miss it everyday of my life. it was my dream car. i now drive a '09 focus. i hope to get another one as soon as its paid off.

kingcobra8541

The Dude
Established Member
I'm sure the feeling sucks but its not as bad as when they stole first 03 in Oct of 04. I knew the car was coming out and didnt have $35K to spend so I bought an 01 Cobra. Just for kicks I test drove the 03 and was in love:pepper: I bought it new and it had 8k miles on it when it was stolen and striped.:nonono: I still get sad every time I think about it. I like my current Cobra but I'm not attached to it...

Last edited:

trailblazer sss

ford ***** again
Established Member
I miss my old 04 every moment of the day lol I sold it for more then what I paid for it to a car lot then some chop shop guy came to the lot gave the owner a cashiers check that was fake an took the car now its prolly all over the world :(

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
One of the hardest, off days of my life. It was odd to watch a "kid" drive away in something that I put so much time into.

Cool part for me is that we still keep in touch and I see it every once in awhile. I actually saw it two nights ago while getting off the freeway, so naturally I gave chase :burnout: I came up on him pretty quickly and did a little fly by and slowed down. Next thing I know, my car starts vibrating and I hear that familiar whine! I miss "my" car :nonono:

03cobra5485

Established Member
I remember when i sold my 97 Kenne Bell cobra..He asked me if i wanted to drive it to his house, he is a local guy..i said no bc i'd keep going lol...I used to see it around town every now and then...haven't seen it in a while, turns out he blew the motor...Ouchy

zeusha

Established Member
at least you got to sell it lol. I had a 98 cobra before my 03 and I totaled it. I had a TON into that car. But was just as sad to see them take it, except on a flatbed lol

tgasTT

Established Member
I just sold my 03 (3069miles on it) yesterday, don't feel too bad, I've come to realize that it's just a car I wasn't really that attached to...unlike my fox.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Wow, only 3K miles on it. I can understand how you weren't too attached to it. That works out to less than 500 miles a year. Did you get a good price for it?

SVTDice

Established Member
Man, I would be heart broken if I ever had to sell mine. Hopefully that day never comes.

Users who are viewing this thread