Sacramento Raceway on the 19th...

the50ho

The Ho
Established Member
test and tune is 45 bucks to race.....and worth EVERY PENNY.

Wednesday nights are a joke....2-3 runs....about 150 - 200 ricers, a horrible track, and a big waste of time.

If you're more serious, and dont mind spending the extra money for tons of runs, and a nicely prepped track, go to a test and tune.

http://www.sacramentoraceway.com

MotoXracer21

I Need Low 12s....
Established Member
2-3 runs is it??? Jesus how is that possible? Infineon has almost 600 people there and I still usually get in 3-4 runs...

the50ho

The Ho
Established Member
I stopped going a LONG time ago because it was getting worse and worse every single week. I went every week unless it was closed for over a year...and will never return to wed nights again.

FlatZ28

++Crocodile_Hunter
Established Member
I think I am going to try my luck at Infineon tomorrow night .. Moto should be going to Infineon as well .. just talked to him .. he's at work and can't post right now .. hopefully he will later so I don't sound loony.

I'm gonna take the50ho's word for it and try and get in on a saturday at Sacramento. It definitely sounds like a better deal. And It will work out a little better schedule wise as I have a 10am midterm on thursday.

O4COBRA

Established Member
Hey guys, I'm going tomorrow night!! But I borrowed a motorcycle helmet from a friend of mine, can I use it!! It says DOT snell approved on the back! I know the website says they have to be SFI approved, can I go!! Please let me know, i'm so excited about going, but now I'm worried I won't be able to run!! Please help!! I figure if it's motrocycle approved, it should be cool for the drag strip!!

MotoXracer21

I Need Low 12s....
Established Member
Yeah your helmet will work great....
But i guess sacramento is off for this wednesday, as I dont want to make the 2 hour trip for shitty prep and 2-3 runs....so were going to go to infineon instead tomorrow.....And plan a saturday trip up there in the near future....
Let me know how sac goes! Good luck brotha!:rockon:

O4COBRA

Established Member
Thanks motox, I was worried, I have been looking forward to this for a while, and would hate to have a helmet problem be what stops me!! Thanks

MotoXracer21

I Need Low 12s....
Established Member
Yeah you should be fine man...HAVE FUN! Post up here tomorrow night when you're done, we'll all compare times and such...
:beer:

FlatZ28

++Crocodile_Hunter
Established Member
:( Just got back from Infineon 3 runs, 2 13.9's ... one inexplicable run during first round bracket racing ... just my luck

... What do you say we don't copmare times and think about how much better Sacramento is going to be come May 28th, Friday, at 5:00pm ...

I feel better already just thinking about it. :burnout:

Last edited:

NIELSTTCOBRA

Got Boost?
Established Member
hey motoxracer, sorry it took so long to answer but i forgot to subscribe to the thread. i live in sugarloaf off 92 near lauralwood park. very close to college of san mateo.
where in foster city? you should roll with me to sacramento in the future. i'm up there all the time. i was supposed to go on friday, but have the svtoa meeting to go to and a small side job for work.
we should meet up one day this week and bs. always good to meet another cobra owner. always down to see the redfire cobras in person... my favorite color! if interested pm.

MotoXracer21

I Need Low 12s....
Established Member
dude....are you the guy that I talked to back when I had my 01 Silver Lightning? I talked to you for a minute last semester on the way down the hill from CSM if it was you. I think ive seen your cobra around a few times actually. My car is ALWAYS parked in the same spot....from the perspective of leaving csm, if you look at the parkin spots to the right JUST before the little left hand sweeping turn before the 4-way stop, you'll always see my car parked in there....

rb185afm

Established Member
Hey guys I just found out about a Gm vs Ford shoot out at Sac next month at Sac. I will get the details and post them up later today. I think we should make a strong Terminator showing.

Oh and my best time last night was a 12.67 at 116.10. My clutch was chattering pretty bad after that run so I bailed as I wanted to make it home. Motox your girl was hot.

Last edited:

MotoXracer21

I Need Low 12s....
Established Member
hahaha thats not even my girl, lol!:D The guy with the red viper tried to pick her up too, funny stuff...

We're making the trip to sacramento on the 28th, I think the gates open at 5pm...should be a test and tune night, so 1/2 the people and better track prep. Sounds like lower 12s for me and 11s for you!:rockon:

And mid 13s for newcastle! muahhaha:p

errray's 03 svt

Established Member
Originally posted by MotoXracer21
dude....are you the guy that I talked to back when I had my 01 Silver Lightning? I talked to you for a minute last semester on the way down the hill from CSM if it was you. I think ive seen your cobra around a few times actually. My car is ALWAYS parked in the same spot....from the perspective of leaving csm, if you look at the parkin spots to the right JUST before the little left hand sweeping turn before the 4-way stop, you'll always see my car parked in there....
yeah that's me....holy shit you got your car cool... we should roll together some time...congrats on your car....i park in the back, up in the cuts i'll look for your car...

Last edited:

MotoXracer21

I Need Low 12s....
Established Member
Sounds good, im gonna want a ride in a pullied 03 so I stop bein a wuss and slap one on there...haha

Users who are viewing this thread