Sacramento Raceway on the 19th...

MotoXracer21

I Need Low 12s....
Established Member
Well Im tired of trying to get good times at infineon in sonoma, and im tired of getting beat in the bracket races, so its time to take the drive up to Sacramento Raceway!! I've been wanting to do this for awhile now, as I've heard nothing but good things about Sac compared to Infineon.... I guess the gates open at 430, so considering its about a 2 hour drive for me, i'll be leaving around 1ish to account for possible traffic problems (they only let the first 250 guys in i guess). So on to the important question....
WHO WANTS TO GO?

jmir018

GOT SVT?
Established Member
not to burst your bubble, but i heard that street cars are limited to 3 runs on saturdays..

bluntman

Established Member
i was there tonight, it was sweet... was a grudgefest style and you could line up all you wanted. without stopping in between runs, i bet i could have ran 8-9 tmes easy. best of the night was a 12.97 for me

FlatZ28

++Crocodile_Hunter
Established Member
Originally posted by bluntman
i was there tonight, it was sweet... was a grudgefest style and you could line up all you wanted. without stopping in between runs, i bet i could have ran 8-9 tmes easy. best of the night was a 12.97 for me
8-9 TIMES!!!?!?!?! I'm bringing a tent ;-) ... infineon's measly 3, maybe, practice runs

O4COBRA

Established Member
I'm working on going myself, a buddy of mine is coming down from Utah with his WRX with 15 PSI, he said he ran a 14.0 in Utah, so it should be cool to see how he is going run! I will bring my SB, it will be my first run on the track, so I'm looking forward to it!! See you guys there I hope!!

rb185afm

Established Member
Dont get to excited about alot of runs on a Wed at Sac. It is very comparable to Infineon. The problem is so many imports show up you typically get about 3-4 runs and then it is bracket racing. But on the bright side if you are eliminated at Sac you can still run in the loser lane. I think I will go even though I am still waiting on my clutch. Just to finally meet some other Terminator owners. Oh and Sac has a new rule that you cant run faster than a 12.00 on a Wed night.

Grudge nights are the best. They are typicaly on Sat nights and you can get as many runs as you want. It is a blast.

rb185afm

Established Member
Originally posted by jmir018
not to burst your bubble, but i heard that street cars are limited to 3 runs on saturdays..

I have been on a couple test and tunes and they dont really enforce the 3 run policy. It is there so if they are swamped they can shut down the street cars but I have never seen them do it. The last time I went I got 8 runs.

MotoXracer21

I Need Low 12s....
Established Member
i was planning on being there when it opened, maybe a bit before....
So let me get this straight, they DO still have bracket racing? Damn, I was pretty sure the guy I called there said there wouldnt be any.
To clear things up further, how do you still get to run when bracket racing is going on? Where exactly is the "loser" lane? At infineon, when you lose, you're done...

And btw, I might be bringing a lady...or two....haha :rockon:

rb185afm

Established Member
I have not been for a couple months as it seems I will never get my clutch installed, but I have not heard they got rid of the bracket racing. If they have that would be sick. But the way it did work is lane 1 is for losers. They run so many cars out of lane 1 against each other and then continue with the brackets untill they get back to lane 1. It is pretty cool as I hate bracket racing and I just want to improve my own skills at getting faster and not worry about hitting a dial in. I will double check the web site and see if it says anything about the bracket racing ending.

rb185afm

Established Member
Ok it looks like they have dumped the bracket racing:rockon: . Now it looks like you can grudge race or do heads up racing for trophies. Dam I want my clutch.

FlatZ28

++Crocodile_Hunter
Established Member
Originally posted by MotoXracer21

And btw, I might be bringing a lady...or two....haha :rockon:
Does your g/f know? ;-)

Originally posted by rb185afm
Ok it looks like they have dumped the bracket racing:rockon: . Now it looks like you can grudge race or do heads up racing for trophies. Dam I want my clutch.
Bad ace!

NIELSTTCOBRA

Got Boost?
Established Member
i go to sac raceway quite frequently now and have never gotten less than 6 runs on a saturday. they also don't enforce the 12 seconds or over either. the friday test n tunes are great if you want a crap load of runs. some of you terminator owners should head out to test n tune next friday. they start racing a 11am-4pm, a 2 hour break, then 6pm-10pm.
some of you terminator owners should head out... i was the only terminator at test n tune yesterday.

FlatZ28

++Crocodile_Hunter
Established Member
Originally posted by niels04cobra
i go to sac raceway quite frequently now and have never gotten less than 6 runs on a saturday. they also don't enforce the 12 seconds or over either. the friday test n tunes are great if you want a crap load of runs. some of you terminator owners should head out to test n tune next friday. they start racing a 11am-4pm, a 2 hour break, then 6pm-10pm.
some of you terminator owners should head out... i was the only terminator at test n tune yesterday.
What's the cost to race on a test n' tune day? I'm guessing they prep the track as well?

Users who are viewing this thread