Sac Raceway 1/12/08

2K4VENM

Setn off Ur Car Alarm!
Established Member
Last forecast from the good ole' newsman says no showers in Sac through next week.

Lets hope for the best

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
I'm getting the car out tomorrow, guess I'll try to go to Sac if its open... someone post up in the morning if its open and if everyone is going... I'll more than likely have the only orange Cobra there with TX plates...:lol1:

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
Well, I know I lived in Dallas a while, but I'm not feelin spending $50 bucks to burn up my clutch... Its only like $15 to race in Dallas.:rollseyes... on a MUCH better track...

Anyway, you guys have fun, I thought about it the past 30 minutes, and I think that is a major rip off... I'll just go to Sears Point in the next few weeks for a lot cheaper, plus it's twice as close to my house.:bash:

BayareaSS

Established Member
Well, I know I lived in Dallas a while, but I'm not feelin spending $50 bucks to burn up my clutch... Its only like $15 to race in Dallas.:rollseyes... on a MUCH better track...

Anyway, you guys have fun, I thought about it the past 30 minutes, and I think that is a major rip off... I'll just go to Sears Point in the next few weeks for a lot cheaper, plus it's twice as close to my house.:bash:

$50 is a little expensive but the track is better than sears point from what i've heard. Everyone i know thats been to both tracks get faster times at sac.

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member
$50 is a little expensive but the track is better than sears point from what i've heard. Everyone i know thats been to both tracks get faster times at sac.

ive heard that people get faster times but sear piont is a better track they prep the track better.

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member

Well I've been to both tracks, and I always got better traction at S/P. Only reason to go to Sac is because of the lack of Nazis for track inspection, but my Cobra is 100% legal and doesn't require a cage (which my other car has now anyway-it just needs a chute).

Anyway, wish I coulda made it, I'll be going to the Sears Point shoot out on the 26th to try to win $300 in the sportsman class brackets.:rockon:

tgarlock

Established Member
Wow, heck of a turnout guys. Weather was fine, there were very few people there and we got in ALOT of runs. I sat out for about half the day to let it cool off and still ran over 12 times. Hopefully more people follow through next time.

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Wow, heck of a turnout guys. Weather was fine, there were very few people there and we got in ALOT of runs. I sat out for about half the day to let it cool off and still ran over 12 times. Hopefully more people follow through next time.

Kerap! I knew I should of went.:bash:

01strimbullitt

BYAH!
Established Member

man... i love your car...! it is beautiful... my fav car there today!!! :beer:

bullitt890

Established Member
i still have a headache from all the open exhaust turbo'd civics (runnin high 13's-low 22's) (yeah thats right i said 22's) haha!

+1

i talked to that guy with the 22 second ride....it goes 10's but he didnt have time to pull the exhaust, front bumper and passenger seat.

tgarlock

Established Member
there were 3 exceptions to the slow civic stereotype. 2 civic hatches i saw run high 12's, and then there was the turbo blue civic which ran 11.20@129, and then broke an axle

bullitt890

Established Member
there were 3 exceptions to the slow civic stereotype. 2 civic hatches i saw run high 12's, and then there was the turbo blue civic which ran 11.20@129, and then broke an axle

one wheel burnouts ftl!!!! the imports that were there were pathetic in my opinion. i dont remember even seeing one smoke both tires at the same time in the burnout box. 01strimbullitt and i were trying to figure out if civic hatch's came with posi, or every one of them was broken :shrug: and you could have built a civic hatch with the scrap parts that were laying in the pits that were pulled off those cars. if i spent the effort to completely gut my car, pull the front bumper, add boost and slicks, and still only run 13's like a majority of them were, i would probably cross through the traps and keep my foot down hoping to smash into the wall on the other end.

btw, your cobra was by far the nicest car there. :beer:
it looked like you waxed it after you got to the track. did you go with those other stangs that you were parked near in the pits?

CaliBolt

Established Member
DAMMIT!!!!

Can someone lie to me and tell me that it rained and they closed the track... Because I feel like a douche for not goin and missing all the svtp bretherin.

Anyone up for this upcomign saturday? I really wanna race my damn truck!

Marc

tgarlock

Established Member
btw, your cobra was by far the nicest car there. :beer:
it looked like you waxed it after you got to the track. did you go with those other stangs that you were parked near in the pits?

Thanks for the compliment, I actually thought the car was kind of dirty at the track, it hadnt been washed in over a week. And no I didnt know any of the other mustang owners in the pits, tried briefly to talk to them but couldnt find the owners.

I liked the white mach 1 that laid a whoopin on me twice, i would like a rematch when i get some sticky tires, i have the mph, but with 2.04 60fts its kinda hard to et well. Overall i was happy with the 12.4@117 though.

Users who are viewing this thread