S650 vs C7

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
It was all downhill after 13-14. Each update got worse looking.
This....... 13-14 was the last year anything remotely looked like Elanor imo. Dodge made a great looking retro so did Chevy with the Camaro. Ford dropped the ball there.

Ford should spend less time in the wind tunnel and more time in the design room smh. Kinda like Tesla! Where are the lines and the style cars use to have they are essentially gone. Thing looks like a dam Kia I agree.

Each model gets closer and closer to an actual bubble. Dam a stock 6 year old car smashing a new Mustang. Thats weak AF. Like any Mustang without a power adder theyre just duds!

Ford is funny.....

86-93 Awesome!
94-98 Not so awesome.....
99-2004 Awesome!
05-09 Not so awesome.....
10-12 Better.
13-14 Awesome!
15-23 Meh....
24+ Better I guess. Has a few more lines than the previous model but still no soul!

Last edited:

robvas

Established Member
"Mustang beats a modded vette"

"Modded" is a catback now?

The only time it wasn't getting walked was after 140 in the last race? Guessing the corvette driver was letting off?

"Mustang guy just needed to learn to drive his car"

It's an A10....

Those short pull 2nd and 3rd races, one car was spinning or something? Why did they shut down? Mustang started jumping too lol

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
"Mustang beats a modded vette"

"Modded" is a catback now?

The only time it wasn't getting walked was after 140 in the last race? Guessing the corvette driver was letting off?

"Mustang guy just needed to learn to drive his car"

It's an A10....

Those short pull 2nd and 3rd races, one car was spinning or something? Why did they shut down? Mustang started jumping too lol

It was like watching a middle school track meet. Is the s650 slower than the s550?

robvas

Established Member
It was like watching a middle school track meet. Is the s650 slower than the s550?

Maybe a little slower? Hard to say actually. Haven't seen many people running bone stock 11.9 @ 118 like the best of the 2018+ S550's. From the sounds of it the stock tune limits the low end. But drag strips are closed in the north.

Honestly there aren't many people even posting stock times over at Mustang7G. They are too busy putting Brembo caliper covers on their rear brakes.

You have the group of guys that are running low 11's after taking 400lbs out of the car and putting headers on it but that's the same as the 550's.

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
The match up went as expected. The mustang makes 25hp more than the Vette but weighs 300lbs more.

It sounds like the vette was spinning on the closer races

q6543

Established Member
I love mine, I don’t street or roll race though.
IMG_1230.jpeg

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
I've seen a few S650s in real life, and they look SO bad in person. Worse than I thought they would, honestly. And I thought they were ugly in pictures.

And the interior is even worse.

Swing and a miss, Ford.

Usually there's a very healthy bump in mustang sales with a new generational release. I'm curious what the 2024 sales volume will be compared to previous generations year 1 volume.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Usually there's a very healthy bump in mustang sales with a new generational release. I'm curious what the 2024 sales volume will be compared to previous generations year 1 volume.

~7,800 sold YTD. Significantly below year ago S550, and waaaaay below all prior new gen sales. Not really a surprise with a very mild update in a dying segment.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
This....... 13-14 was the last year anything remotely looked like Elanor imo. Dodge made a great looking retro so did Chevy with the Camaro. Ford dropped the ball there.

The challenger design came out back when Ford was still selling the 3V S197 and the 6th gen Camaro was so successful sales wise that they stopped building the Camaro for a second time.

The match up went as expected. The mustang makes 25hp more than the Vette but weighs 300lbs more.

It sounds like the vette was spinning on the closer races

Right? This race could have been predicted just by reading wikipedia.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
To me the new Mustang looks like a modern day Kia. Im just not sure what Ford is trying to do here. Too much dam time in the wind tunnel smh.

Would it really hurt Ford to actually design something that looks anything like an actual Mustang did at one time? I mean why is that so hard to do?

Line up a old Porsche then line up a brand new one..... They both still look like Porsche's. Try that with a Mustang smh.

Why does Ford think the previous designs were so awful they have to start with a round bubble now and go from there. Its just not a good looking car.

I would buy the ZL1 over ANY new Mustang. They look great! Ford has some how forgotten that people buy muscle cars cause they like the way they LOOK first. Performance comes second it always has.....

They need to just abandon the whole design and start from scratch. I mean would it be so difficult to design a retro Eleanor?

Last edited:

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
To me the new Mustang looks like a modern day Kia. Im just not sure what Ford is trying to do here. Too much dam time in the wind tunnel smh.

Would it really hurt Ford to actually design something that looks anything like an actual Mustang did at one time? I mean why is that so hard to do?

Line up a old Porsche then line up a brand new one..... They both still look like Porsche's. Try that with a Mustang smh.

Why does Ford think the previous designs were so awful they have to start with a round bubble now and go from there. Its just not a good looking car.

I would buy the ZL1 over ANY new Mustang. They look great! Ford has some how forgotten that people buy muscle cars cause they like they way they LOOK first. Performance comes second it always has.....

They need to just abandon the whole design and start from scratch. I mean would it be so difficult to design a retro Eleanor?

They blended the last gen mustang with the charger/challenger and the camaro to grab some of the people in the market for those cars that they no longer make. I don't know why you're treating this like some mystery; the answer's been right there the whole time.

Users who are viewing this thread